CFZ Cowboys Do Not Need Dak

shabazz

Reaction score
So you disagree with me and you call me a "Clown"? This is personal for you huh?:laugh:

why is it always the same 5 people that get sucked into defending Dak like he was one of their brothers?

it’s like moths to a flame. And honestly it’s a bad look.

the monolith moves ahead and several feel like they have to tow the company line with no regard to thinking on their own.

Rush is not the long term answer but knocking him down to hype up a has been that never was is lame

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Don't have to look at anything before because my post was ABOUT the last 9 games..nothing gets skewed, Dak is being paid 40m per season if we can go 8-1 without him then who needs him at that price. Except maybe you. Are you Dak?
Yeah, while you are at it. Why choose last nine. Just stick to last 5. It's even better.

And what does $40M have anything to do with it....

Nexx

Reaction score
Need him, no but he could be better than Rush. Just depends how KM wants to use Dak. Dak is a good bus driver. Can’t expect him to be Mahomes. Call the games like you have been while Rush has been starting and you might have something with Dak. Dak isn’t that guy to carry you. You just have to believe that our defense can lead us to the championship with a good bus driver

coult44

Reaction score
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.

Look up the term complementary football. As long as KM calls the same type of game and Dak doesn’t change the plays, we should be better with Dak on the field.

Dre11

Reaction score
Currently. The defense and special teams have been so good that the Cowboys are going very conservative with the game plan. Cooper is doing enough to keep the wins coming. Would have been 12/16 without the drops and possibly a lot more points. He has delivered some critical throws throughout this run. He was not bad or pathetic-the team did not ask him to pass much. Rush is still unproven though.

When Dak gets his job back, he will not have the luxury of blaming the coaches or defense or offensive line or receivers. Obviously, the team can perform just fine with the current team assets. Just win in the big games and especially January/February. That’s how you earn the respect so many fans here want others to bestow on the QB.

Things I did notice that affected the offense. Aaron Donald is really good (sorry Tyler Smith). Tony pollard is a fantastic runner, but a liability in blitz pickups. The team made some penalties that killed drives. The Cowboys did not want to risk a turnover to the point of not calling longer developing pass plays. Tried to kill the clock by running it later in the game. Will see what happens with Philly-hope Rush gets another start for more data and more of a feel for how he responds to even more pressure.

If you think this team can continue to win like this you're crazy and clueless. At some point you're going to need your offense to carry you, otherwise it's no different than when we had offense and no defense.

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
A timeline of the cooper rush haters:

After Dak goes down: "Our season is over with Cooper Rush"

After Cooper beats Bengals: "Giants are a good team. Cooper can't win"

After Cooper beats Giants: "Washington is better than their record says"

After Cooper beats Washington: "The Rush fanboys and his hype train derails at LA"

After Cooper Rush beats LA: "He only threw for 100 yards!!!"

Keep moving the goalposts. Just win baby. Yeehaw!!

CowboysFever1973

Reaction score
If you think this team can continue to win like this you're crazy and clueless. At some point you're going to need your offense to carry you, otherwise it's no different than when we had offense and no defense.
Yall been saying this for weeks. Read my timeline.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Typically when people resort to name calling its "personal" or don't have the mental capacity to defend their stance.

I saw bad teams. I don't know what else to tell you. Eagles are a legit good team this year. Yeah they've gotten fat on some bad teams but they've performed well on both sides of the ball. Bengals have struggled offensively all year(mind you they were overrated to begin with), Commanders SUCK, Giants have sucked aside from today getting a big win against the Packers and Rams have been struggling all year. This Rams team is not the same one that won the SB. The offensive line is completely different and OBJ isn't there.

They were still good enough to make the Super Bowl this past February. The Cowboys might have made them look like trash. I can tell that many on this board cannot wait for Rush to falter, and he very well might do it this next game. He definitely has little to offer athletically. If he keeps throwing well in critical situations, then who knows what his future holds.

pansophy

Reaction score
This conversation is about biased expectations. We have no expectations for Rush so as long as we win games then we are happy with him. If Dak put up Rush's 102 yard / 16.8 QBR performance today the whole board would be talking about how we need to draft a QB next year and that we are only winning because of the defense.

shabazz

Reaction score
Look up the term complementary football. As long as KM calls the same type of game and Dak doesn’t change the plays, we should be better with Dak on the field.

yes, he’s the wind that has filled all sails

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
why is it always the same 5 people that get sucked into defending Dak like he was one of their brothers?

it’s like moths to a flame. And honestly it’s a bad look.

the monolith moves ahead and several feel like they have to tow the company line with no regard to thinking on their own.

Rush is not the long term answer but knocking him down to hype up a has been that never was is lame

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They were still good enough to make the Super Bowl this past February. The Cowboys might have made them look like trash. I can tell that many on this board cannot wait for Rush to falter, and he very well might do it this next game. He definitely has little to offer athletically. If he keeps throwing well in critical situations, then who knows what his future holds.
Nobody wants him to "falter". I mean he's faltered the past two weeks if you want to be technical. We need him to continue to manage the games so we can have Dak sit out as long as possible to get healthy. Rush playing good enough is what's best for everyone involved.

Have you watched the Rams or Bengals play this year?

Slick

Reaction score
Yeah with certain people if the argument involves Dak they will change the parameters to fit their agenda.

I'm not about any of that he played very well the beginning of last season I just want to see him get back to that level.
Because if he can play at that level with this defense I think there's a chance that we could go further into the playoffs.
Isn't he paid to play at that level, as the bar?

They can do better with more money spent on bigger needs.

Maybe Cooper needs to call sleep number, and prove who's getting better rested prior to game time.

Dre11

Reaction score

Have you been paying attention...lol both teams have looked like trash THIS season. But we're doing what we suppose to do. We won't be able to win like this all season.