Cowboys doing nothing?

Shannon1

Reaction score
5 days. I doubt anything is announced until the last minute. Well maybe 3 since the legal tampering period starts soon.
They will cut a few players, as a June 1st cut does them no good at this point. Though they would need to announce it.

So a few renegotiated contracts and / or a few player moves. Nothing significant, but just enough to get under the cap. Even if $5 to $10 million under for now.
As they will not be involved in the 1st week of FA anyway.
That’s what I was saying will not be involved!

blueblood70

Reaction score
I know I was stating getting under the the salary cap! Not signing players,Dude I FOLLOW The NFL watch every game,I know all the dates to when THINGS START mini camps , NFL STARTING DATE ,do you , I followed the Cowboys for 50 years ,YOU , I can tell you anything you want to know about the Cowboys!
And yet you're still six months premature on whether the Cowboys are gonna do enough or something they're definitely not gonna do nothing you're way too early they're just messaging their own roster right now preparing so again I'll say what I said by saying I said what I said..... :facepalm:

Your post is literally six months too early period end of story don't care if you've been around 50 years or 250 years that would be quite impressive the fact that you had to make a post that they're doing nothing before they even have a shot at doing anything says it's premature and ridiculous so I'll say it again your post is absolutely ridiculous and too early...

blueblood70

Reaction score

well that's odd because they beat the Eagles for the division this year doing absolutely nothing apparently that's crazy you must be such good luck rolling around the star that they just trip into 36 wins two division titles and three straight playoff appearances.... They are just as competitive as the eagle so explain why you think spending that much more money ohh wait a minute you're gonna say because they made a Super Bowl but lost it but then the very next year lost to us I say that we're pretty much on the same level....

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
No ones done anything yet. FA hasn't started. Once it starts then you can say they are doing nothing as you will not see a big free agent signing. That is not how they operate.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Looks like another year of free agency doing nothing. Looks like their not trying to clear cap space!
How does it look like that when teams aren't even allowed to start talking to free agents yet?

Maybe the Cowboys won't do much in free agency, but maybe we should wait and base our complaints on them actually not doing much, rather than them not doing anything before the league even allows it.

Reaction score
well that's odd because they beat the Eagles for the division this year doing absolutely nothing apparently that's crazy you must be such good luck rolling around the star that they just trip into 36 wins two division titles and three straight playoff appearances.... They are just as competitive as the eagle so explain why you think spending that much more money ohh wait a minute you're gonna say because they made a Super Bowl but lost it but then the very next year lost to us I say that we're pretty much on the same level....
No, I am saying they way they team build is not working. You have to supplement your drafting with free agency. They have been competitive but if they would spend here and there they could get over the hill they are stuck on. Not hard to understand really…

rambo2

Reaction score
No, I am saying they way they team build is not working. You have to supplement your drafting with free agency. They have been competitive but if they would spend here and there they could get over the hill they are stuck on. Not hard to understand really…
If it isn’t working, how are they winning more games than the rest of the league? The rest of the NFC got stuck on thr hill as well.

Reaction score
If it isn’t working, how are they winning more games than the rest of the league? The rest of the NFC got stuck on thr hill as well.
You’re missing the point. They are a good team just not good enough. It’s working in the playoffs?? Against the 49ers? The FO knew they had areas that needed talent that could have been addressed. This team not stopping the run isn’t a new problem…

rambo2

Reaction score
You’re missing the point. They are a good team just not good enough. It’s working in the playoffs?? Against the 49ers? The FO knew they had areas that needed talent that could have been addressed. This team not stopping the run isn’t a new problem…
They tried by drafting Mazi Smith and Overshown. Those moves failed to pay off. They will sign some more linebackers and dtackles.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Looks like another year of free agency doing nothing. Looks like their not trying to clear cap space!
You spoke too soon they just restructured Martin’s contract clearing $13M.

phildadon86

Reaction score
So, you think all of the roster spots will be taken by 14 or 15 rookies?
Your dad. Sorry I mean Jerry already came out and defined what his idea of all-in is.

They arent spending big money in FA this year. They are going to sign a bunch of guys in week 3. You are going to commend the FO on a job well done and tell everyone they need to wait until the draft. Then after the draft when they bring in an injured player or one with character concerns you will point to the 3 12 win seasons saying they know what they are doing.

Meanwhile. Our direct competition will get better.

Reaction score
They tried by drafting Mazi Smith and Overshown. Those moves failed to pay off. They will sign some more linebackers and dtackles.
They typically draft well. It’s outside free agents that they hold their wallet with.

jujoboys

Reaction score
I know - and they haven't even drafted anyone yet this year too! SMH
I just tried to find the training camp practice schedule and I don't see any practices scheduled this month or next month. Do these guys really care about winning? Why aren't they having organized practices right now?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
tenor.gif