Cowboys doing nothing?

blueblood70

Reaction score
No, I am saying they way they team build is not working. You have to supplement your drafting with free agency. They have been competitive but if they would spend here and there they could get over the hill they are stuck on. Not hard to understand really…
look I'm not trying to understand, I didn't ask you to explain anything to me,

I'm telling you that there's no blueprint, every team does things slightly differently WITH THE SAME CAP and ROSTER restrictions but in the end you're bragging about what the Eagles do which is gone on here a little too long and yet we still beat them out for the division all the moves they made, it didn't get him further, than the alleged non moves that you all somehow keep saying they don't do anything.

and the Dallas Cowboys made a couple trades versus free agency picked up some UDFAS etc Gilmore and cooks we're important on this team last year they brought in Hankins they filled in where needed they even brought in Evans it's not their fault dude got popped for I don't remember now was this something to do with weed guns, I mean I I can't remember they had to cut him and rojo.. They had injuries they had to cut a few guys some things didn't work out but they still were a second seed home team with the third straight season of twelve wins somehow whatever they're doing is working to a point.

I mean last I checked the last couple of years spending the most money and going all in isn't the only way to win I mean check with Kansas City on that front they've made the least amount of free agent moves the last couple of years they've gotten rid of some of their best players and still won the Super bowl with low round and they do very similar things sure their quarterback is generational and their head coach and offensive coordinator scheme our next level it works but that can't be replicated so everyone else has to find a different way to do it...

But I'm just saying I mean the Eagles went head to head and that year the Eagles went to the Super bowl they were the highest spending made the most high risk moves and they lost to a team who had a seventh round running back a running back by committee and a wide receiver by committee they had no stars... So outside of Kelsey and mahomes on offense they put together a solid team not being super aggressive in the first month of free agency etcetera

so I don't need to understand your line of thinking I disagree that they have to do with the Rams and Eagles did at least at the same level to be successful literally there is no sure thing there is no guarantee there is no blueprint that if you go out and do the dream team concept bringing a bunch of big names the 1st 10 days of free agency that is automatically gets you to a Super Bowl those dudes could not fit in they could not work out they can get injured I'm not saying I wouldn't like our team to be a little more aggressive both in free agency and the draft but that is not a lock for success that doesn't even get you past where we got or we wouldn't be top 6 in the league the last three years we're one of the better teams doing it the way they're doing it and I'm saying I don't agree with it all and the only free agent that I know of the last couple of seasons that we should have went after that we didn't and I was wrong about was Bobby Wagner he would have helped when you went to the Rams we should have picked him up that year last year he wasn't available he wanted to go back to Seattle and he may retire this year but out of all the hype in the of who we should get and who's gonna make an impact and the difference there aren't a lot of them that actually do work out they literally just fill a hole I mean literally if you paid attention a lot of teams just say like Buffalo just cut about six or seven really good names they're gonna have to fill all those and they're hoping to get something on the same level for less money or they wouldn't have cut the guys these are starters they're cutting and now they're gonna have to fill free agency with starters to fill those spots not necessarily be better just to feild a good roster..

Most years to me in my view most teams are literally just rotating players around a bunch of teams cut players that need to go get players of equal talent for less money and then the ones they let go are going to the other teams that have also cut players and are looking for holes they're just moving a bunch of pieces around they're not necessarily getting better or increasing their chances of winning a Super Bowl...

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
The last decade has shown that management isn’t willing to give big contracts to free agents from different teams. Lamb will get extended this offseason and possibly Dak. Any outside players that come in will be on 1 or 2 year deals for moderate salaries.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
well that's odd because they beat the Eagles for the division this year doing absolutely nothing apparently that's crazy you must be such good luck rolling around the star that they just trip into 36 wins two division titles and three straight playoff appearances.... They are just as competitive as the eagle so explain why you think spending that much more money ohh wait a minute you're gonna say because they made a Super Bowl but lost it but then the very next year lost to us I say that we're pretty much on the same level....
Philly couldn’t and didn’t spend much either. Last year at this time they had $53 million in dead cap. The bills come due for the Eagles just like every other team. This year it’s $7 million in dead cap and their overall salary cap situation is decent. Only ten teams have more cap space than Philly. But they’re not a team that goes on big spending sprees for FAs. Of course, they haven’t won a Super Bowl for a few years, either. It will be an interesting next few weeks for the NFCEast.

rambo2

Reaction score
The last decade has shown that management isn’t willing to give big contracts to free agents from different teams. Lamb will get extended this offseason and possibly Dak. Any outside players that come in will be on 1 or 2 year deals for moderate salaries.
Plenty of supply to chose from this year. It looks like we will get a linebacker, a running back, and a dtackle.

Shannon1

Reaction score
And yet you're still six months premature on whether the Cowboys are gonna do enough or something they're definitely not gonna do nothing you're way too early they're just messaging their own roster right now preparing so again I'll say what I said by saying I said what I said..... :facepalm:

Your post is literally six months too early period end of story don't care if you've been around 50 years or 250 years that would be quite impressive the fact that you had to make a post that they're doing nothing before they even have a shot at doing anything says it's premature and ridiculous so I'll say it again your post is absolutely ridiculous and too early...
I know - and they haven't even drafted anyone yet this year too!

And yet you're still six months premature on whether the Cowboys are gonna do enough or something they're definitely not gonna do nothing you're way too early they're just messaging their own roster right now preparing so again I'll say what I said by saying I said what I said..... :facepalm:

Your post is literally six months too early period end of story don't care if you've been around 50 years or 250 years that would be quite impressive the fact that you had to make a post that they're doing nothing before they even have a shot at doing anything says it's premature and ridiculous so I'll say it again your post is absolutely ridiculous and too early...
Where you at Blueblood see the last topic ,cowboys are not going be active in free agency

Big_D

Reaction score
It’s weird some still defend it, like years of dumpster diving isn’t the norm for this team. Saying they will do nothing of note isn’t really a stretch. Sure they’ll fill out the 90 by scouring the bottom of the barrel as usual.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Those of you hoping for big things from the Cowboys in free agency will be disappointed. It’s likely to be the same approach, looking for low to mid tier free agents. It may take several days to sign our first FA.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Not a lot we can do until the draft. There's a lot of free agents getting cut loose that we might be able to poach at a reduced rate. We are not in a good Financial situation especially if we don't renegotiate Prescott's deal

blueblood70

Reaction score
Where you at Blueblood see the last topic ,cowboys are not going be active in free agency
you're saying that as if you believe or you perceive or what you listen to you have your own way of deciphering what they mean or what they meant however if it was past tense or current you're wrong because again we can talk in September right before the year starts and we'll find out who they brought in who they are rolling with for the year until then stop trying to be nostradamus you don't know squat don't believe what you hear because the Internet runs rampant with rumors and you're reading between the lines on what Stephen Jones and the Cowboys have said that's my point you're missing you are 6 months ahead of schedule I'm making this claim...

I'm not gonna say it again you have no proof because you're guessing you're making predictions and we don't play that game we'll talk in September because they're gonna make moves all the way to September to build a roster saying they're not gonna be active it's ridiculous and even if they don't bring in a lot of big free agents they can make some trades like they did last year they brought in Gilmore and cooks and don't act like they were scrubs those count as roster additions.... It don't matter how it gets done draft free agency their own free agents undrafted free agents and trades all matter and it's all it needs to be done is accumulation of all that stuff gets us a good team that's what we want....

I can't be more clear you're guessing you're listening and making your own assumptions...​

blueblood70

Reaction score
maybe you don't understand that I don't believe anything I read or hear I just look for proof the proof will be in September you can keep allowing yourself to listen to rumors or read between the lines I am not buying any of it we will just see....

visionary

Reaction score
Well, this car is stuck in neutral but feel free to strap on your seat belt and helmet and pretend like it is going at 180kmph

rambo2

Reaction score
It’s weird some still defend it, like years of dumpster diving isn’t the norm for this team. Saying they will do nothing of note isn’t really a stretch. Sure they’ll fill out the 90 by scouring the bottom of the barrel as usual.
They still had one of the best rosters last year. You can not say that they didn't.

Chasing6

Reaction score
See, I told you just to wait and not be a nervous Nancy.
Nervous about what?

We are now $1.8M below. How exciting, we can no do what with that?

Commanders $91M
Eagles $42M
Giants $38M

Nothing to be nervous about, we will be adding no one of significance.

If I was a Commanders fan, now I would be nervous.

Chasing6

Reaction score
I seem to live in a different reality. When I look at Dallas' cap situation, I see trouble. They are going to have to let a lot of people go in free agency and do some contract restructures just to sign the draft class and pick up a handful of bottom tier free agents to fill out the roster.

The idea that Dallas was going to be players in free agency was always nuts to me.
They could be players if they wanted to. Just like we could have got a LB in a trade last year. Instead we traded for Trance and carried over $10M in cap space from last year to this year.

Is GM Jeruh trying to win?

rambo2

Reaction score
Nervous about what?

We are now $1.8M below. How exciting, we can no do what with that?

Commanders $91M
Eagles $42M
Giants $38M

Nothing to be nervous about, we will be adding no one of significance.

If I was a Commanders fan, now I would be nervous.
The Commanders can screw themselves for many years if they take the wrong qb.

Chasing6

Reaction score
The Commanders can screw themselves for many years if they take the wrong qb.
That is why I would be nervous. They can also spend all the money on the wrong guys.

We have nothing to be nervous about at all.

We will spend what little money we have on 2 to 3 1 year deals.