Signed by Cowboys *** Cowboys extend Lamb for 4 years / $136 million ***

DallasInDC

Reaction score
The difference was really down to less than $2 million per year. So I don't see that as caving. I just think it was ridiculous that it took this long.
It wouldn't surprise me that JJ waits until this time of the year to sign t he contracts to fill the void of the dead time between end of preseason and start of the season to ensure the Cowboys are the biggest headline. It wouldn't surprise me after a few days of CD coverage, once it dies down a bit, they will sign Dak and dominate the headlines for a few more days leading to the start of the season. that seems to be pretty much JJs priority.

rambo2

Reaction score
And yet the 49ers and the Eagles play for titles. We live on past glory. That's all we got. And yea I'm a traiter. Been a fan for 50 years. Saw a lot of highs and lows. I'm not going anywhere. I get teased left and right here by eagle and Steeler fans down here in PA Keep living in a bubble and thinking everything is okay. Fans like you are why this organization never changes.
The Eagles played like crap last year and we could actually beat them again this year.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well, the hold out is over. Now he has to produce.
Producing after they get paid has been an issue for some of our players, especially at receiver. It was downhill for Miles Austin and Dez Bryant after they got paid but injuries were the main reason.

gtb1943

Reaction score
I would guess that an extension is added onto the current deal which is why its called that. But anything to do with the legal system and the NFL does not have to be logical or make sense.

Mannix

Reaction score
Great WR, but too much given who will be throwing to him. It's just gonna end up being money wasted as failed seasons go by until Duk is finally gone.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yes, you are but you shall have the final word after my reply.

You are fixated on the number. You do understand I was not involved in the contract negotiations between Jones and Lamb?
Caving would have been outdoing Jefferson. This isn't an instance I would consider "caving". This is getting your franchise player under contract. If there were expectations that he was going to sign for less, those were unrealistic

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
And yet the 49ers and the Eagles play for titles. We live on past glory. That's all we got. And yea I'm a traiter. Been a fan for 50 years. Saw a lot of highs and lows. I'm not going anywhere. I get teased left and right here by eagle and Steeler fans down here in PA Keep living in a bubble and thinking everything is okay. Fans like you are why this organization never changes.
The reason the organization does not change is not the fans, it's Jerry and Stephen.

Jerry bought a team for $150 million and in less than 40 years turned them into a $10 BILLION behemoth.

He has no reason to change his ways. His bottom line proves it; regardless of the product that's on the field.

gtb1943

Reaction score
Producing after they get paid has been an issue for some of our players, especially at receiver. It was downhill for Miles Austin and Dez Bryant after they got paid but injuries were the main reason.
with Dez I think it was the simple fact that he never had the rapport with Dak that he had with Tony. But injuries also played a part as well

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
It wouldn't surprise me that JJ waits until this time of the year to sign t he contracts to fill the void of the dead time between end of preseason and start of the season to ensure the Cowboys are the biggest headline. It wouldn't surprise me after a few days of CD coverage, once it dies down a bit, they will sign Dak and dominate the headlines for a few more days leading to the start of the season. that seems to be pretty much JJs priority.
Yes. Remember Romo's first big contract was actually in the middle of the season in 2007; right around the bye week. Kept the team in the news.

blueblood70

Reaction score
wow you picked two whole teams... again i don't care what you say it roll off my back you have unnecessary expectations. no actually all NFL fans is pretty much cheer for their team on a yearly basis...

i've never seen it set back the mavericks rangers or stars fans.. i guess they're all suckers as well 1 title each in their entire existence , 3 total teams ,3 franchises together have 3 titles.

Jerry has 3 jerry jones and the Dallas cowboys since 1989 1 of 3 teams with three or more super bowls. that all i need to know and in our 28 years still 3 on the SB list..

why , because winning them is tough, like the 52 year chiefs, 60 year eagles droughts, ours will come back around.

. .

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
The reason the organization does not change is not the fans, it's Jerry and Stephen.

Jerry bought a team for $150 million and in less than 40 years turned them into a $10 BILLION behemoth.

He has no reason to change his ways. His bottom line proves it; regardless of the product that's on the field.
Of money and losing