Signed by Cowboys *** Cowboys extend Lamb for 4 years / $136 million ***

blueblood70

Reaction score
Some members speculated Jones would not meet Lamb's demands, allowing Lamb to play out the season and enter free agency. Again, 'some of us' thought differently based upon Jones' past contract negotiations.
exactly and we don't know what those demands really were. it could have started at 36, dropped to 35 but now they came to an acceptable compromise..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I mean how many years should he have signed for? Typically these deals are 4 or 5 year deals. He's signed for the next 5 years.....5 years he may be at the end or out of his prime.
It's actually 4 years........that's what got it done. I read earlier this morning that they had submitted a new offer with the same money but 4 years instead 5.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No I'm not lol.
Yes, you are but you shall have the final word after my reply.

You don't have a number that wouldn't have been caving. It's preposterous to say that they caved if you don't have a baseline for what you think a reasonable number is.
You are fixated on the number. You do understand I was not involved in the contract negotiations between Jones and Lamb?

INCowboysFan

Reaction score
Paying that kind of money begs the question,
What did we win with him over the last three years that made him worth that?
Well, he's been the best player on a team that has won 12 games 3 straight seasons. I know he **** the bed along with every other teammate in the GB game, but you aren't 12-5 without CD. The market says that he is worth what he was paid.

jsb357

Reaction score
according to cap trackers he's due 17.5mil this year
and the he'll get 38 mil bonus this year with the cap numbers
spread out over the contract term.

but the cap numbers can be redone every year to kick the can
down the road Arkansas style.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well, the hold out is over. Now he has to produce.
he will produce but if you're expecting that exact year a career year that would be bad expectation we just hoping to be steady produce at a high level but no way he can match last years production..Id rather see cooks and others get more targets and say CD get 1400 or so and 10 tds doesn't need 1800 or ridiculous expectations. he got better every year but last year was record setting and its hard to reproduce.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Yes, you are but you shall have the final word after my reply.

You are fixated on the number. You do understand I was not involved in the contract negotiations between Jones and Lamb?
Correct. So how can you say that they caved? What is that possibly based on?

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
laugh at what your own teams demise. this is why none of us take you all seriously. the leagues top 10 PAID qbs aren't doing much either takes a special team to get it right one year and not get the injury bug with come luck sprinkled in..

sorry but the eagles play their entire lives and get one championship the Kansas city chiefs had a 52 year drought between their super bowl wins, there are teams out there with no super bowls some with ONE, we are waiting for our circle to come back around to get number six... and i will enjoy it i watch football because it's something i enjoy watching win lose or draw, DCFL.. i don't put conditions on my fandom ....literally watch each year as a one off.

so i'm gonna brush you off like i do all harters. why dont you take you Pennsylvania buttocks and be a traitor watch you beloved eagles or steelers instead BYE! trust me we won't miss you..
And yet the 49ers and the Eagles play for titles. We live on past glory. That's all we got. And yea I'm a traiter. Been a fan for 50 years. Saw a lot of highs and lows. I'm not going anywhere. I get teased left and right here by eagle and Steeler fans down here in PA Keep living in a bubble and thinking everything is okay. Fans like you are why this organization never changes.