Signed by Cowboys *** Cowboys extend Lamb for 4 years / $136 million ***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Jerry destroyed the QB market when he gave Dak 160 million now does the same thing with CD and the WR position.

Watch how WR hit the 40 million-a-year mark in a jiffy.................

I don't know why Jerry is being given the blame for destroying the WR market. He didn't set it. I believe the Eagles paying Brown $32 million APY per year set it. The rest just slotted in.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Serious question that maybe none of us will ever know….what did JJ and SJ accomplish by waiting so long? They pretty much paid market value for a guy we all knew was not going to agree to less than that. And players like Lamb that are at the top of the market are going to get what the market dictates…

Why wait all this time to do what could have been done weeks ago?

gimmesix

Reaction score
For starters, it absolutely was possible for them to extend him last offseason. Secondly, I said "this offer" as in the one he signed.
Stephen Jones made it fairly clear that Lamb's side was not willing to talk extension last year. They knew the WR market was going to be reset this year.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't know why Jerry is being given the blame for destroying the WR market. He didn't set it. I believe the Eagles paying Brown $32 million APY per year set it. The rest just slotted in.
I would take Brown over CD in a NY minute.
When was the last time CD was a difference maker when it counted???
The Lion game where the DB fell?
His playoff performances?
Good old Jerry not only killing it in Dallas but the entire NFL baby!!

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Serious question that maybe none of us will ever know….what did JJ and SJ accomplish by waiting so long. They pretty much paid market value for a guy we all knew was not going to agree to less than that.

You can't be serious!??! I would think anyone who has watched this team operate as long as you have would see it for what it is.. attention whoring. Nothing more, nothing less. Jerry knew that by not signing Lamb until the 11th hour, well 10th hour really, would mean multiple additional weeks of it being a story. As soon as Lamb signs on the dotted line Dak's contract will be the only story left..and maybe Parsons' if you want to start that cycle already. All of it keeps eyes on the Cowboys and keeps the $$$ flowing in Jerry's direction. Not to mention keeps the microphones and cameras surrounding Jerry all day every day. And him lovin every minute of it.

rambo2

Reaction score
He doesnt get "injury protection". While it's still unlikely he gets hurt and misses games, the data very much suggests that he will have a significant elevated risk this season due to him missing TC.

Just like how we do free agency.....this is another example of not putting our team in the best position to succeed. There's a reason that everyone across the league participates in TC.
That's bs.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Serious question that maybe none of us will ever know….what did JJ and SJ accomplish by waiting so long? They pretty much paid market value for a guy we all knew was not going to agree to less than that. And players like Lamb that are at the top of the market are going to get what the market dictates…

Three weeks ago, Lamb could have been seeking a three-year deal. Three weeks ago, he could have wanted more guaranteed or a higher bonus. Three weeks ago, the Cowboys could have been seeking a five-year extension. It wasn't done because of the details.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score

they drew interest on that money until the very last minute

gimmesix

Reaction score
I would take Brown over CD in a NY minute.
When was the last time CD was a difference maker when it counted???
The Lion game where the DB fell?
His playoff performances?
Good old Jerry not only killing it in Dallas but the entire NFL baby!!
Lamb was better than Brown last year by any objective standard. His salary was always going to be reflective of the fact that he was the league-leading WR last year. It slotted under Jefferson's simply because Jefferson has had the better career since both were drafted.

shabazz

Reaction score

The ONLY way this makes any sense whatsoever is if Ceedee and his agent either demanded to be the Highest paid WR or if they demanded a different length or different terms........without knowing the demands it's difficult to understand the rational in waiting to still make him the 2nd highest paid non-qb.

rambo2

Reaction score

Who said they were waiting? It's pretty obvious that both sides didn't want him in camp.

shabazz

Reaction score
Agree.......it's far from a Browns- DeShaun Watson scenario.

He didn't set it......he merely acquiesced to it.

Chuck 54

Reaction score
It’s actually pretty much the salary everyone who knows the NFL said he should get based on other contracts. That was 2 months ago! But we had to wait and go through all the media crap just to see him sign the contract everyone said was a no-brainer long ago. So why the wait? We will never know.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Everybody knows who’s next to get signed. Brace yourself Zone. No-one but Jethro can get •hit done his f/ing way.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Lamb was better than Brown last year by any objective standard. His salary was always going to be reflective of the fact that he was the league-leading WR last year. It slotted under Jefferson's simply because Jefferson has had the better career since both were drafted.
Hey, I like CD and consider him a top-10 WR but most of those so-called stats came from subpar teams and defenses.
Would be nice to see how far he could stretch his talents by having an elite QB under center.
He didn't look very happy in the GB debacle.................

RonnieT24

Reaction score
Hey, I like CD and consider him a top-10 WR but most of those so-called stats came from subpar teams and defenses.
Would be nice to see how far he could stretch his talents by having an elite QB under center.
He didn't look very happy in the GB debacle.................
He started off that game pouting.. probably got mad cause people called him out for reserving a booth at the club the night before the game AND the night after.

NotForLong

Reaction score

Keeps the Cowboys on every bodies lips