Cowboys fans: Appreciate your QB, appreciate your team, enjoy these Cowboys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aftershock

Reaction score
Ironic how you constantly defend Dak and compare him to Mahomes yet argue he should take a team friendly deal to help the team? Which is it? Is he elite or not?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Ironic how you constantly defend Dak and compare him to Mahomes yet argue he should take a team friendly deal to help the team? Which is it? Is he elite or not?
Both. Dak is elite but should seriously think about giving the team a discount if he wants to keep a championship caliber team around him.

Aftershock

Reaction score
He’s the main reason the team is winning. Fan’s should be thrilled. Sadly, over 60% of them are too stupid to realize it.
I don’t think the fans are dissatisfied with the absence of wins. They are dissatisfied with the absence of wins against strong competition heavy playoff teams
Both. Dak is elite but should seriously think about giving the team a discount if he wants to keep a championship caliber team around him.
but by your logic dak is elite and should be good enough to take this team to the Super Bowl so why should he have to take a discount by your own logic?

He’s on Patrick mahomes level or better right?. Actually according to the video you posted he out ranks Patrick in many of those statistical categories. So you think he’s better than Patrick but also don’t think he’s worth his current contract. So how can you say he’s both elite and should take a discount?

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I don’t think the fans are dissatisfied with the absence of wins. They are dissatisfied with the absence of wins against strong competition heavy playoff teams

but by your logic dak is elite and should be good enough to take this team to the Super Bowl so why should he have to take a discount by your own logic?

He’s on Patrick mahomes level or better right?. Actually according to the video you posted he out ranks Patrick in many of those statistical categories. So you think he’s better than Patrick but also don’t think he’s worth his current contract. So how can you say he’s both elite and should take a discount?
Because there is a salary cap in play.

Nobody said Dak is better than Mahomes. Just that Dak is elite. Heck, D-Coordinator Dan Quinn just said 2 days ago how in his and the team's eyes Dak is elite.

Aftershock

Reaction score
Because there is a salary cap in play.

Nobody said Dak is better than Mahomes. Just that Dak is elite. Heck, D-Coordinator Dan Quinn just said 2 days ago how in his and the team's eyes Dak is elite.
So you admit Dak is not worth his contract and should take a team friendly deal.

Also, why not Dak be better than Mahomes. You literally just posted a video where Dak outranks Patrick Mahomes in many different passing statistics as evidence that Dak is elite. But when Dak outranks Mahomes in those same statistics you used to make your point now you say he’s not better than Mahomes? Hmm. It’s almost as if there’s more to a quarterback than the stats can ever show.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
So you admit Dak is not worth his contract and should take a team friendly deal.

Also, why not Dak be better than Mahomes. You literally just posted a video where Dak outranks Patrick Mahomes in many different passing statistics as evidence that Dak is elite. But when Dak outranks Mahomes in those same statistics you used to make your point now you say he’s not better than Mahomes? Hmm. It’s almost as if there’s more to a quarterback than the stats can ever show.
QBs don't win games. Teams win games.

Dak is elite since his stats are as good as other elite QBs.

Dak already got paid the big bucks. Nothing wrong with giving the team a little discount. Not that hard to understand why.

Aftershock

Reaction score
QBs don't win games. Teams win games.

Dak is elite since his stats are as good as other elite QBs.

Dak already got paid the big bucks. Nothing wrong with giving the team a little discount. Not that hard to understand why.
bet you’ll be the first one to post DAKs stats whenever the team wins a big game. If they’ll ever :).

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
bet you’ll be the first one to post DAKs stats whenever the team wins a big game. If they’ll ever :).
You sound triggered that Dak is this team's franchise QB and clearly here to stay for many more years to come. Are you going to be ok?

Aftershock

Reaction score
You sound triggered that Dak is this team's franchise QB and clearly here to stay for many more years to come. Are you going to be ok?
I’ll be just fine. Win or lose I enjoy following the team and watching the games.

Just because someone disagrees with you or is a bit more critical on the team doesn’t mean he is an absolute depressed hater. :)

I think we are in agreement that Dak CAN win a SB given he take a team friendly deal, probably a lot less than $40m though.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He’s the main reason the team is winning. Fan’s should be thrilled. Sadly, over 60% of them are too stupid to realize it.
You and AC should have a cage-ringed fight (aka WWE) and the one that makes it out wins Dak!!!!
Now I would pay real money for this event!

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
I’ll be just fine. Win or lose I enjoy following the team and watching the games.

Just because someone disagrees with you or is a bit more critical on the team doesn’t mean he is an absolute depressed hater. :)

I think we are in agreement that Dak CAN win a SB given he take a team friendly deal, probably a lot less than $40m though.
That would be great if Dak took less than $40 mil.
:thumbup:

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You and AC should have a cage-ringed fight (aka WWE) and the one that makes it out wins Dak!!!!
Screenshot-20231026-220907-Photos.jpg

Blackrain

Reaction score
He is, but it still doesn't work. He's on this endless quest to try and get everyone to love Dak as much as he does and it just isn't going to happen.
It's not about getting everybody to love Dak at all.
It's about appreciating that he gives us good quarterback play and he is for sure a top five quarterback in our conference and better than anything that we could replace him with right now.
That said he is not getting paid to rebuild the team Jerry is the general manager and it's his job to recognize that the offensive line is getting old fast and recognize that we need a better running game and that we need to be active in free agency and before the trade deadline if we want to move further.
If we just want to be on TV every week and go out in the first round of the playoffs we have enough talent to do that.
All you people that hate Dak need to understand he doesn't get paid to build the team that's not part of his job.
It's not his fault that Jerry keeps Us a few pieces short of being able to go deep into the playoffs Jerry does just what's necessary to keep us relevant and no more.

Dak cannot overcome Jerry and it's been proven that neither can any other quarterback or coach.

Blackrain

Reaction score
I would pay real money to watch you and Dak in a real caged match.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Love the Cowboys
Love Super Bowls
Love to have a player to get us there.
We've had the right player 5 times
Yet we continue to attempt making chicken salad out of chicken stuff.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
And you lie incessantly about not being anti-Dak and pro-Romo. You even created some bogus thread praising Romo and stating inequivocably how Dak can't perform come-from-behind wins the way Romo could. 1 poster immediately proved you wrong with only 1 video. I was going to provide 2-3 more videos to prove you wrong, but it's not worth it. You're hell bent on being stubborn, wrong and even lying about it.
When have I lied about not being anti Dak? I own it - always have. I'm not pro-Romo either, but this is a tired argument you keep throwing out there in your defense of everything Dak. I only posted that video to stir the pot and it worked. Like clockwork you got all fired up and started stomping down the war path.

Everyone has a right to their opinion, but this constant negativity has gotten out of hand. Even NFL players and ex-players are stating the same. Cowboys fans need to appreciate what they've got.
As has been pointed out numerous times, your hypocrisy knows no bounds. You constantly demand positivity (only when talking about Dak, though) yet you were the one leading the negativity charge when Romo was the QB. Whatevs....

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
The old “pocket awareness” argument. As if any fan that ever existed can appreciate what pocket awareness even is. “meNtal lapses”…if Dak ever had one you couldn’t identify it. He’s a very good quarterback and is being paid like one and will continue to be paid like one. His next contract will make him the highest paid QB in the NFC.
I don't know if you been watching recent games, but Dak has obviously been holding onto the ball to long and taking sacks instead of throwing it to a receiver or away. Maybe it is an "old" argument because its been one of Daks flaws since the coaching beat out the nice instincts he had back in 2016. In fact, wasn't it just the last game where the analyst showed where he could've thrown the ball to? Mental lapses, as in stepping out of bounds on that critical play. Your Quarterback is the one player you really expect not to make that kind of mistake.

Toro9

Reaction score
The way I look at it is, a Super Bowl would be awesome but at least we win most of our games. Imagine being a Browns or Jets fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.