Cowboys flying in Prescott for a visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzorAhai

Reaction score

Lol describes him perfectly. He does nothing for our Romo window and is going to do even less for our post Romo window.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can hear it now ... with the #34th pick of the second round, the Dallas Cowboys select ... :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Would not shock me at all.
They get worried that he won't last to the third and take him in the second to make sure they don't miss out on him like they have missed out on other players in the past.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Has Prescott received this much attention from any other team? Jets? AZ? Denver?

StarBoyz83

Reaction score
Off topic but I've always been curious. Who pays for all of these visits whether it's a draft guy or a FA coming in? Can't imagine somebody in college having the money to fly all around the country!

RS12

Reaction score
I still think Nkemdiche is their guy at 34. Dak could well be 67 though.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They see it as the perfect compromise because they are trapped by their own silliness in thinking Romo is the QB for the next 4-5 years without question.

Prescott allows them to think they've secured their Romo safety net all the while keeping their premium picks to use on players that will hopefully strengthen the team around Romo.

Just because Jerry says 4-5 years, it doesn't mean they intend to manage the team that way.

It remains to be seen what they'd do if Wentz makes it to 4. He probably won't. Trading up is too expensive, so if both QBs are gone, it's Lynch or a fallback. Dak in the fourth or later is as good a fallback as any.

I don't have a problem with Dak as a developmental prospect. But we'd need a legit backup QB if we go that route. And we need to be realistic that the chances of hitting on Dak are not good. At some point, we're going to need to commit to the replacement process.

Gaede

Reaction score
Just because Jerry says 4-5 years, it doesn't mean they intend to manage the team that way.

It remains to be seen what they'd do if Wentz makes it to 4. He probably won't. Trading up is too expensive, so if both QBs are gone, it's Lynch or a fallback. Dak in the fourth or later is as good a fallback as any.

I don't have a problem with Dak as a developmental prospect. But we'd need a legit backup QB if we go that route. And we need to be realistic that the chances of hitting on Dak are not good. At some point, we're going to need to commit to the replacement process.

I'm with you on this. Dak has a ton of good qualities. Strong, good arm, decisive, playmaker, leader. It's the thought that they'll bypass the higher rated quarterbacks solely because they like Dak so much that bothers me. And likely reach a round too early because of this tunnel vision.

Dak in the 4th is ideal. Even the third isn't much of a problem for me. But I fear a Quincy Carter situation, where Jerry has his guy and is going to find a way to get him.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
I still think Nkemdiche is their guy at 34. Dak could well be 67 though.

Wonder why they didn't bring Nkemdiche in for a visit? Think they got enough from the combine interview to draft him at #34?

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm with you on this. Dak has a ton of good qualities. Strong, good arm, decisive, playmaker. It's the thought that they'll bypass the higher rated quarterbacks solely because they like Dak so much that bothers me.

Honestly, other than Lynch, they're not going to have to make that call. Somebody will trade for Wentz at 2 or at 3. Too many teams need QBs.

I'd rather they get in position and take Lynch and a pick, myself, but that might not be an option. Otherwise, I like Dak in the 4th a lot better than Cook in the 2nd or Hack anywhere.

Gaede

Reaction score
Honestly, other than Lynch, they're not going to have to make that call. Somebody will trade for Wentz at 2 or at 3. Too many teams need QBs.

I'd rather they get in position and take Lynch and a pick, myself, but that might not be an option. Otherwise, I like Dak in the 4th a lot better than Cook in the 2nd or Hack anywhere.

Yeah that is true. And I agree as well re: Cook and Hack.

Zimmy Lives

Reaction score
At this point you would have to think Dak Prescott is going to be a Dallas Cowboy unless another team grabs him earlier than Dallas anticipates.

I do not mind him being a Cowboy...

...as long as he is nor drafted until the 4th round.

Status
Not open for further replies.