Cowboys flying in Prescott for a visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
It's ~9 days before the draft. There's nothing of note you're going to pick up from their tone on the radio or from the number of times they meet with a player. Of course, anything is possible. If they like one QB and not the other, or they like them both, or they like Lynch better, they could do anything here. It's not a very elaborate smokescreen to fly in a player you're interested in to take a more detailed look at him. If they think Dak's a legitimate fallback option, they need to be sure of it. Not because of the value of the draft pick, which would be relatively trivial where they'd take him. It's the value of the time they'd have to devote to developing him.

Either way, there's nothing here to suggest they'd pass on Wentz or Goff at #4 if one of them happens to be there.

If I had to guess they probably liked Goff as their guy and know he won't be there now. It genuinely gave me the impression that it was DL all the way at pick 4 at this point. This is the time of the draft season where we really start to narrow things down. We should get a pretty good idea in the next few days of what's going on.

Sydla

Reaction score
I'd rather waste a 3rd on Prescott than trade up from #4 or waste a 1st Rd pick on any other if these QB's

I'd sooner take that wasted third pick on Prescott and trade up for a QB that has a much higher ceiling and chance of success.

Sydla

Reaction score
If I had to guess they probably liked Goff as their guy and know he won't be there now. It genuinely gave me the impression that it was DL all the way at pick 4 at this point. This is the time of the draft season where we really start to narrow things down. We should get a pretty good idea in the next few days of what's going on.

I was kidding when I said Bosa, Henry, Prescott............ but damn, that might actually be not that far off.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
1. Buckner
2. Prescott

I drink myself into a coma.

Thats the kind of stuff that would make me stop putting any effort into the pre draft process. The damn Rams are the absolute bane of my existence. This will make 3 years in a row that they take my guy in the 1st.

dbonham

Reaction score
Does anyone actually have an argument for why they think he's a bad player in the 3rd or 4th? I saw a guy making multiple reads, making accurate throws, even throwing with anticipation. Didn't panic under pressure. His feet don't look great but I don't know anything about footwork

AzorAhai

Reaction score
I was kidding when I said Bosa, Henry, Prescott............ but damn, that might actually be not that far off.

I think that's pretty a pretty reasonable guess as unfortunate as it would be. Limited upside, but fits both pre draft visits, perceived value and "fills" needs.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

This is my guess, too. It's just a wild-*** guess. But they definitely have had enough time with Wentz. If he's there, and they pass on him, it'll be because they really don't think he's the right fit.

But I don't think that would happen. If he's there, I think they'd be all over him. But he won't be there anyway.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
Thats the kind of stuff that would make me stop putting any effort into the pre draft process. The damn Rams are the absolute bane of my existence. This will make 3 years in a row that they take my guy in the 1st.

Maybe Fisher is using that relationship with JJ/Stephen to his advantage in the way that folks have said the Cowboys should use it to theirs.

fishspill

Reaction score
LOL. They are just setting the fans up for when they pass on Wentz or even Lynch and deliver Hackenberg or Brissett or Prescott and anoint them as heir apparents.

The way they do things they have to. No QB at #4 and there's a lot of fans that want they. They see it as serving that base.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
This is my guess, too. It's just a wild-*** guess. But they definitely have had enough time with Wentz. If he's there, and they pass on him, it'll be because they really don't think he's the right fit.

But I don't think that would happen. If he's there, I think they'd be all over him. But he won't be there anyway.

They're going 1 and 2 to somebody. My guess is the Rams and Eagles.

Kolemmitt

Reaction score

I would not be surprised to see Bosa in the 1 and Prescott in the 3rd, but I have a feeling that a WR, DB, or even a DT will come before Henry. I think they go RB in the 4th, there should still be some good ones there.

Sydla

Reaction score
The Eagles would really have to drop their pants to make a move to #2. They don't have a #2 pick this year which is often needed in the pot to get into the Top 5. We could be talking one or both of their 3rd rounders this year, next year's first, maybe #2 next year AND a player like Cox.

Frankly, if we don't get Wentz, I'd love to see the Eagles sell out for him and he bust.

reddyuta

Reaction score

Bosa is my guess then.they worked him out twice to be sure.

AzorAhai

Reaction score
That'd be my guess, too. Will make for an interesting first round for Cowboys fans. :)

An interesting few years as well. The Eagles are either going to be really good for a long time, or in a huge hole for 3-4-5 years.

JeffInDC

Reaction score
Has Prescott received this much attention from any other team? Jets? AZ? Denver?

Including Dallas, he's had Private Workouts with Arizona and Denver.................but, what do these front offices know about anything. ;)

AzorAhai

Reaction score
The Eagles would really have to drop their pants to make a move to #2. They don't have a #2 pick this year which is often needed in the pot to get into the Top 5. We could be talking one or both of their 3rd rounders this year, next year's first, maybe #2 next year AND a player like Cox.

Frankly, if we don't get Wentz, I'd love to see the Eagles sell out for him and he bust.

Well they were rumored to be the 2nd highest bid for the 1st pick. I can't remember the details exactly, but I believe it was both 3rds next years 1st, 2nd and a 5th either this year or next. It might have been more than that. I'm trying to track it down, but all I can find is last years offer whenever I google Eagles + Titans trade. I believe it was Brugler was the one who reported it.

Status
Not open for further replies.