Cowboys flying in Prescott for a visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sydla

Reaction score

Yes. We know. Oh boy, do we know.

LOL. They are just setting the fans up for when they pass on Wentz or even Lynch and deliver Hackenberg or Brissett or Prescott and anoint them as heir apparents.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
LOL. They are just setting the fans up for when they pass on Wentz or even Lynch and deliver Hackenberg or Brissett or Prescott and anoint them as heir apparents.

No amount of priming will make me like the decision.

They deliberately are going to squander the opportunity of the 4th pick overall if one of the top two QBs and then double back around and insult my intelligence by suggesting a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a substandard QB like these is a consolation prize.

AzorAhai

Reaction score

Yes. We know. Oh boy, do we know.

3 things.

1) concession that they won't take a QB at 4

2) they know the QB they want won't be there at 4

3) smoke screen in hopes of throwing teams off their scent

Option 1 is what it sounded like in that interview based on his tone. The DL is the priority.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
3 things.

1) concession that they won't take a QB at 4

2) they know the QB they want won't be there at 4

3) smoke screen in hopes of throwing teams off their scent

Option 1 is what it sounded like in that interview. The DL is the priority.

Well, Bosa it is I guess since he also said nobody is calling about the 4th pick either.

reddyuta

Reaction score

Would be a complete waste of time and a draft pick.you don't draft backup QBs when you a e6 year playing with a cyborg collar bone.

Sydla

Reaction score
No amount of priming will make me like the decision.

They deliberately are going to squander the opportunity of the 4th pick overall if one of the top two QBs and then double back around and insult my intelligence by suggesting a 2nd or 3rd round pick on a substandard QB like these is a consolation prize.

A 2nd or 3rd round pick on a QB that probably should have gone in the 4th or 5th round.

Sydla

Reaction score
Or Buckner. They've been linked to him and are said to really like him.

Honestly the only thing worse than picking Bosa................... would be picking Buckner.

LOL. I wanted to believe that their streak of first round success stories would continue but something tells me they are going to drop a smelly dookie come next Thursday.

Sydla

Reaction score
Well, Bosa it is I guess since he also said nobody is calling about the 4th pick either.

Wait, he said that about no one calling?

Gee, way to try to get interest in your pick, Stephen............. tell everyone that no one really wants your pick. Brilliant!

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Wait. What did I miss now? Have you guys concluded we'd pass on a QB at #4 because we've flown in a 4th round prospect for some reason?

AzorAhai

Reaction score
Wait. What did I miss now? Have you guys concluded we'd pass on a QB at #4 because we've flown in a 4th round prospect for some reason?

Stephen Jones radio interview. Talked about QBs after the 1st and DL being the top priority among other things. The tone of the interview seemed clear that QB either wasn't the priority at 4 or they have no shot at their guy and are moving on.

DBOY3141

Reaction score

The arrow is pointing in that direction since this is like the 4th time they have met with this 4th round prospect.

Sydla

Reaction score

Conclude? No, but I think it's a very real possibility that they could pass on a QB at 4 thinking with their current situation that it's wiser to take a positional player there and then find a developmental guy that maybe they will get lucky on. All that based on Jones' recent interview where he seems to be dropping hints that DL is a priority (and what DL spot is the most open? DE and who would be considered a Top 5 pick at DE - Bosa) and that he was bullish on guys outside the first round that could be excellent QBs.

Either an elaborate smokescreen or the Cowboys are going to do what many fear............ ignore a Rd 1 QB if it presents itself and go for mostly need at another position and believe that Romo is the guy for 3-4 years and they can find his replacement in the bargain bin in Rds 3-6.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
Well it looks like we will waste a pick on Prescott in the 2nd or 3rd. Both rounds could produce a starting caliber SS. I get the feeling Church is never going to be replaced and the fact that they have only looked at two CB's tells me Carr is sticking around too. Another year of bad secondary play. At least at QB we have Romo and if he can stay healthy we are fine there. I have no hope for our secondary.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stephen Jones radio interview. Talked about QBs after the 1st and DL being the top priority among other things. The tone of the interview seemed clear that QB either wasn't the priority at 4 or they have no shot at their guy and are moving on.

The arrow is pointing in that direction since this is like the 4th time they have met with this 4th round prospect.

Conclude? No, but I think it's a very real possibility that they could pass on a QB at 4 thinking with their current situation that it's wiser to take a positional player there and then find a developmental guy that maybe they will get lucky on. All that based on Jones' recent interview where he seems to be dropping hints that DL is a priority (and what DL spot is the most open? DE and who would be considered a Top 5 pick at DE - Bosa) and that he was bullish on guys outside the first round that could be excellent QBs.

Either an elaborate smokescreen or the Cowboys are going to do what many fear............ ignore a Rd 1 QB if it presents itself and go for mostly need at another position and believe that Romo is the guy for 3-4 years and they can find his replacement in the bargain bin in Rds 3-6.

It's ~9 days before the draft. There's nothing of note you're going to pick up from their tone on the radio or from the number of times they meet with a player. Of course, anything is possible. If they like one QB and not the other, or they like them both, or they like Lynch better, they could do anything here. It's not a very elaborate smokescreen to fly in a player you're interested in to take a more detailed look at him. If they think Dak's a legitimate fallback option, they need to be sure of it. Not because of the value of the draft pick, which would be relatively trivial where they'd take him. It's the value of the time they'd have to devote to developing him.

Either way, there's nothing here to suggest they'd pass on Wentz or Goff at #4 if one of them happens to be there.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

BTW, thanks. This is probably what I was missing, if it was from the tone of the interview.

NEODOG

44cowboys22
Reaction score
I'd rather waste a 3rd on Prescott than trade up from #4 or waste a 1st Rd pick on any other if these QB's

Status
Not open for further replies.