Cowboys having positive talks with Prescott/France on deal

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
And that is never going to change unless the family sells the team.
Yes it will, because when Dak gets extended and gets paid 20% of the salary cap, he will save the day, and the franchise. They are heating up that honey as we speak.

davidr295

Reaction score
If we are going to blame Jerry for the loses and not the players then we have to give Jerry credit for the wins as well. Superbowls: Jerry 3, Dak 0

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
You don't truly believe this is the contract Dak inevitably will sign, do you? This may indeed be the offer they have made, but there is zero chance it gets signed under these conditions...sad, but true
This was 100% from the Cowboys BEST possible situation POV.

Dak can easily ignore any calls they make to him and just play then hit free agency.
If he is fully committed to that there is zero Dallas can do.
But they should also have their deal breakers.
And to me a no trade clause at this age would be a deal breaker.
I might concede an 8 team max no trade list.

At some point it will come down to whether or not Dak wants to be here and get a deal done or just play it out and hit free agency.
Dak has all the power and all the leverage. No denying or changing that.

Jared Goff got 4 years and 212M. I'd offer Dal 4 years and 232M. 58M AAV. But I'd want that no trade clause reduced mightily or removed.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
This was 100% from the Cowboys BEST possible situation POV.

Dak can easily ignore any calls they make to him and just play then hit free agency.
If he is fully committed to that there is zero Dallas can do.
But they should also have their deal breakers.
And to me a no trade clause at this age would be a deal breaker.
I might concede an 8 team max no trade list.

At some point it will come down to whether or not Dak wants to be here and get a deal done or just play it out and hit free agency.
Dak has all the power and all the leverage. No denying or changing that.

Jared Goff got 4 years and 212M. I'd offer Dal 4 years and 232M. 58M AAV. But I'd want that no trade clause reduced mightily or removed.
I don't disagree but again, there is no situation I can see where he takes less than top money or gives up his no-trade. If he doesn't get what he wants FA will come calling, and I will sleep okay if he chooses this route, and will not hate him for doing so

Cowboyny

Reaction score
If the Cowboys truly wanted to go in another direction, they would of traded Dak prior to the draft. They always wanted to keep him, at "their price". As it currently stands, Dak & his agent would be foolish to sign an extension prior to next year's fa. It only makes sense if Dak wants to remain with the team. Still very much 50/50 he is on the team next season.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That is one thing I cannot understand about KJJ. He says the team is flawed all over the place, the defense, the running game, the coach, the owner and that no QB could win with this team, but, yeah, lets pay Dak tons of money to not be able to win with this team. What kind of logic is that?
What do you suggest ? Just lay down and roll over. :lmao: