Cowboys having positive talks with Prescott/France on deal

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Buzzbait said:
I'm not so sure about being made "the highest paid QB in the league", but yeah if he goes FA he'll have takers to choose from. I just really hope WE don't make him the highest paid QB!
He'll only get offers from bottom feeders with no QB whatsoever. Do you really think teams with established, young QBs are going to acquire Dak?

Do you really think Dak would get any bottom feeder over the hump when he as failed horribly with Dallas to do that very thing?

You guys act like every team short of the Chiefs would roll out the Brinks truck and dump their starters for Dak.

Do you think Buffalo takes Dak over Johs Allen? San Diego takes him over Herbert? Jacksonville takes him over Lawrence?

You are dreaming if you think that way.
"You guys"? What "guys" are you referring to? All I said was if Dak ends up going FA he'll have takers. I have no idea what they'd be willing to pay him, and neither do I care, but I suspect there are numerous teams who would like to start winning 10-12 games a year vs what they have right now, and if so, there would probably be a number of teams interested. I also added that I very much hope that the Cowboys do NOT make Dak the highest paid QB in the league. I said that because he's not worth highest paid QB money.
So what is so "You guys" about that?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
So much for Jerry waking up and thinking to rebuild beyond this year. It will be confirmed that the plan all along was to do nothing this offseason and then say that we couldn't sign any FAs because Dak was our priority. This organization deserves everything it gets with Daddy&Son. Good thing for Jerry many fans are cool with hanging around the rim.
IMG-0517.gif

My God, get a grip.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
That is one thing I cannot understand about KJJ. He says the team is flawed all over the place, the defense, the running game, the coach, the owner and that no QB could win with this team, but, yeah, lets pay Dak tons of money to not be able to win with this team. What kind of logic is that?
My favorite KJJ’s “it’s everyone else’s fault excuse” is: once GB scored and went up 7-0 the game was over!

Yet, it’s OK for the team break the bank for a QB who can’t help bring back a team from being down 7-0 in the first quarter. :facepalm:

The illogic of homerism dumfounds me.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dak holds all the cards and the game starts when he is ready to play.

https://bolavip.com/en/amp/nfl/nfl-...-avoid-contract-extension-with-dallas-cowboys
There’s no real argument here that compares for Dak. Tua, Love, and Lawrence are all up for their first big paydays. Dak is not.

What “accolades?” No one really cares about stat-padding in the regular season filled with fluff against bad teams and mediocre playoff results. Dak’s alleged best year ever and runner-up MVP without the context of the 32nd pass ranked defense in total shows why the latter has (in a significantly portioned manner) happened for the past three successive years in the playoffs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Dak re-signs to another no trade clause, cap killing contract…..I’ll be turning in my fan card for at least a few years. I genuinely dislike him as a player and can’t do it anymore.
BYE just go now spare us the invitation and the warning I would like to in 10 minutes go back on this page and all of a sudden your entire profile has gone you disappeared from the site I can put you on the next episode of without a trace for Cowboys fans threatening to jump off the ship Jesus Christ dude can you please just stop the drama....

Those who are threatening to do things like that just do it without warning...:facepalm::angry::thumbdown: BYE

blueblood70

Reaction score
It’s real crazy when you have three players that may be looking to reset the market at their position. There could be an odd man out in this situation. We’ll just have to see who. I know one thing for sure we can still stay in the hunt without CeeDee or without Parsons. I’m not talking about doing without both. I’m talking about one or the other. We’ll be totally screwed without Dak.
Yeah that is the problem the thing I loved about the Trayvon diggs deal is it got done quick it was quiet and he was fourth in money he didn't demand to be the top paid he just wanted to be in the top five where he deserved or at least he felt he deserved having these players that allegedly because we don't know what they're asking for all wanting to be the new market center trends for their giant *** egos and we already know this or at least I do if Prescott doesn't sign neither will any of these guys Jerry's not spending all this money on these players they will all be traded including the eggs and then Martin and tank they'll be moving on from them this will be a new team in 2025..

Oh, and a bad one to boot...​
so if you are already on board with the move and you can't wait for Prescott to leave, guarantee this team isn't going anywhere for the next three to five years OR MORE,​
until we find a quality replacement quarterback not just any dude as people around here think like a guy on Facebook told me the other day any rookie quarterback would be better than Prescott because Mr. choker in the playoffs just can't get it done as if he had no help not getting it done..hmmm "Any QB" would be better'..huh ANY?? Where are these truly delusional and very casual I might add come from literally thinking that this team would be better off without a Romo or press guy if we had just some Jag yeah we saw that in the Dave campo years be prepared because when we dump all these great players because Prescott didn't sign and we started at the bottom again we're gonna find out what bad really looks like..​
I mean this is what people think that Prescott and Romo just killing this team and my response is this you wouldn't even be sniffing the playoffs like 5 out of the last eight seasons with Prescott ,no losing seasons with Prescott, literally one of the top quarterbacks in the league is Prescott, you would be bottom of the barrel bottom 12 team however you fall and you yeah you're going to be the winner in the offseason finally everyone's going to be happy because the Cowboys will be picking in the top part of the draft and they're goanna have more money for free agents and everyone's gonna be super happy being bad.... YUP​
because then you'd have something really whiny I mean then they'd be valid when they say we have a team that sucks on every level because right now we don't we have a top six team that struggles in the playoffs but instead you're going to have a bottom 12 team that's never going to see the playoffs or winning the division two out of the last three years by the way against a team that supposedly does it right and they're all in and they can't beat us two times in the last three years for the division....​

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not arguing with that, however, this Dak contract scenario isnt just his fault. There's understandable concerns.
Issue is culture. When your whole team comes into a game unprepared against an inferior team and lose nearly by 30-40 points? Sure we can say the players are chokers….they weren’t chokers before they got here.

We can say the coaches suck. Well Quinn and McCarthy both are championship winning coaches. The issue is there but it’s easier for fans to blame the players and coaches because you guys want hope and you know Jerry isn’t going anywhere.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
What would you consider significantly less? How much per season?
Considering the fact that Dak is likely due for a $60,000,000 contract, it's conceivable that anywhere from $52 mil to $55 mil might be accepted. If not, more than that would be a detrimental signing for those due for their contracts to be attended to. Even then, it would be a difficult situation to handle.

Last edited:

Chasing6

Reaction score
There’s no real argument here that compares for Dak. Tua, Love, and Lawrence are all up for their first big paydays. Dak is not.

What “accolades?” No one really cares about stat-padding in the regular season filled with fluff against bad teams and mediocre playoff results. Dak’s alleged best year ever and runner-up MVP without the context of the 32nd pass ranked defense in total shows why the latter has (in a significantly portioned manner) happened for the past three successive years in the playoffs.
Apparently you did it read the article.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
Considering the fact that Dak is likely due for a $60,000,000 contract, it's conceivable that anywhere from $52 mil to $55 mil might be accepted. If not, more than that would be a detrimental signing for those due for their contracts to be attended to. Even then, it would be a difficult situation to handle.
One year ago $55 million AAV would have gotten it done. Two years ago $52 million AAV would have gotten it done. Recall Hurts coming off a Super Bowl appearance signed an extension for $51 million. There is no way Jerry Jones ever thought the price of starting NFL quarterbacks was going to decrease In his lifetime. Dak’s contract situation is what it is because Jerry Jones’ made the choice to handle it this way.