Cowboys having positive talks with Prescott/France on deal

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I don't disagree but again, there is no situation I can see where he takes less than top money or gives up his no-trade. If he doesn't get what he wants FA will come calling, and I will sleep okay if he chooses this route, and will not hate him for doing so
What about the situation where just a couple weeks ago Dak said he’s not trying to set the market?

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Give me a logical argument based on history and actual facts, not opinions, why this season will be different than the last 8?
Because every year is different. New coaches, new players, other teams different, etc. I get that it’s easy to just give up and complain all the time. But that’s not cool.

davidr295

Reaction score
Because every year is different. New coaches, new players, other teams different, etc. I get that it’s easy to just give up and complain all the time. But that’s not cool.
I respect what your saying but historically there is only like a 5% chance this year will be any different than last in year 9. But hopefully I'm wrong. I don't think the get rid of Dak side is wanting to give up, we just believe it is time for a rebuild. Every team has to do that eventually.

KingCorcoran

Reaction score
What about the situation where just a couple weeks ago Dak said he’s not trying to set the market?
He’s only going to get paid what the Cowboys or some other team offers him. If Jerry Jones does not know how much he’s going to have to pay Dak to remain with the Cowboys beyond this season by now, he either doesn’t want him or he’s really unaware of what is happening in the contemporary NFL.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I respect what your saying but historically there is only like a 5% chance this year will be any different than last in year 9. But hopefully I'm wrong. I don't think the get rid of Dak side is wanting to give up, we just believe it is time for a rebuild. Every team has to do that eventually.
Yes eventually of course but not after his best year and still just 30. Fix the issues up the middle and this team is Super Bowl bound.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He’s only going to get paid what the Cowboys or some other team offers him. If Jerry Jones does not know how much he’s going to have to pay Dak to remain with the Cowboys beyond this season by now, he either doesn’t want him or he’s really unaware of what is happening in the contemporary NFL.
That wasn’t my point. What you stated is as obvious as your nose.

davidr295

Reaction score
Yes eventually of course but not after his best year and still just 30. Fix the issues up the middle and this team is Super Bowl bound.
There is 0 evidence to back that up. The d played really well in several of the playoff loses and it didn't matter because the 0 could not score. We shall see but if we are back having the same conversation next July, which history says we will, let's agree to do things differently this time.

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
He didn't sell me, maybe posturing? He is a good businessman and should never sell himself short, nor come across as greedy. All these WR's want to set the market which slowly is becoming like the RB market has become, so by him saying he doesn't want to set the market doesn't mean he will accept less than the top QB. If there have been true discussions between the Jones' and Dak there is no doubt that Jerry and Jr will not pay Dak top dollar, and it would be up to Dak to accept less and or take his chances in FA.

davidr295

Reaction score
You can keep putting a bandage on a gunshot wound but at some point you’re gonna have to take the bullet out and clean the woundthe o
It's never going to happen so all we can do is change what we can, which is the players and coaches. My hope is we can steal Demeco Ryans, he would be the perfect coach to clean up this mess

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
So much for Jerry waking up and thinking to rebuild beyond this year. It will be confirmed that the plan all along was to do nothing this offseason and then say that we couldn't sign any FAs because Dak was our priority. This organization deserves everything it gets with Daddy&Son. Good thing for Jerry many fans are cool with hanging around the rim.