Cowboys having positive talks with Prescott/France on deal

RoboQB

Reaction score
Could it be some version of a "sign and trade" deal?
Clear out all that dead money and send him off to
Las Vegas with his new luggage...lol

I fully admit I have no idea if this is a doable scenario.
I remember Houston trading Brock Osweiler AND $16M
to Cleveland years ago. It's a blind reach, I'm aware.

TexasBacon

Reaction score
Tbh so many of these anti-Dak dudes who make it personal are so annoying and smug that him resigning will be worth their tears even if he goes 0-10 in future playoff games, lol. So I really appreciate you guys making Dak's inevitable contract a win/win whether he wins a SB or not!

It's all entertainment. If we don't win a Super Bowl then your tears will provide sufficient sustenance for my entertainment needs.

shabazz

Reaction score
Tbh so many of these anti-Dak dudes who make it personal are so annoying and smug that him resigning will be worth their tears even if he goes 0-10 in future playoff games, lol.
This is all the proof anybody needs to see that some put the quarterback above the good of the team and even before winning playoff games.

Sad......but we knew some of yall exist....at least your honest about it

TexasBacon

Reaction score
This is all the proof anybody needs to see that some put the quarterback above the good of the team and even before winning playoff games.

Sad......but we knew some of yall exist....at least your honest about
Lol, no it's not. I do not want them to pay Dak that much, but I also don't think the Jones' front office will A) give up the necessary draft capital to move up and take a great QB early and/or B) hit on a QB pick/ evaluation. I think from a statistical standpoint they are likelier to win a championship with Dak and Ceedee under contract the next 3-4 years than they are going into a rebuild right now with Dak in his early 30's and Ceedee hitting his prime. Letting Dak walk after this season effectively wastes Ceedee in his prime. I also do like Dak as a human being and I want him to win because he's the QB of my favorite team.

My comment was directed towards the subset of the anti-Dak crowd who call him a loser, make personal attacks against him and his character, and have all but guaranteed the front office won't resign him with a sense of smug superiority. There are plenty of valid reasons to want the team to move on/not pay Dak, and I don't fault anyone for taking that stance. I do fault people who live on an internet forum behind an anonymous profile for blasting his character and him personally after all he's accomplished, and after every account of him from people who know him is that he's an authentic dude and a good person. Knowing those people will be miserable if Dak is re-signed brings me great joy.

Brooksey

Reaction score
He doesn’t lack leadership, that’s one of his strongest points. Don’t know where some of you get off that he lacks leadership because his leadership has never been questioned by those respected in the media.
You missed the part in the "postseason". The highly respected media people agree, he can't win the big one or when it matters most.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
You missed the part in the "postseason". The highly respected media people agree, he can't win the big one or when it matters most.
Too many of you associate losing a game with the lack of leadership. It’s not like Dak is a leader during the regular season and he’s not during the playoffs. There’s a problem with the “team” during the playoffs. No one steps up. It has nothing to do with his leadership.

RoboQB

Reaction score
Too many of you associate losing a game with the lack of leadership. It’s not like Dak is a leader during the regular season and he’s not during the playoffs. There’s a problem with the “team” during the playoffs. No one steps up. It has nothing to do with his leadership.
Leadership can be defined as one who "steps up".
So, it has everything to do with leadership.

A leader doesn't have a 1000 yard stare when down 7-0 in the 1st quarter in a home playoff game.

You can go ahead and jump to the part where you claim you're done wasting your time here...lol.

bandfan

Reaction score
Not about winning by one's self, but leading. Pulling a rabbit out of a hat when adversity hits. Dak crumbles under pressure that's what most of us are fed up with.
Especially all those rushing yards he gives up in the playoffs I bet....

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Our issues isn’t coach. Think higher like GM/owner.
There's no doubt about it! Sure there are some who simply dislike the HC, but that's not where this problem stems from. This team's problems were there before this HC, before this QB, and the problems will be there after they're gone. GM/owner.

Last edited:

MikeT22

Reaction score
There isn’t any doubt in my mind they’re trying to work something out because they have nothing behind him. It’s not like we have a young, promising QB waiting in the wings that’s shown potential. All we have is a castoff and a career backup.
That's because they never make an attempt.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Considering the fact that Dak is likely due for a $60,000,000 contract, it's conceivable that anywhere from $52 mil to $55 mil might be accepted. If not, more than that would be a detrimental signing for those due for their contracts to be attended to. Even then, it would be a difficult situation to handle.
If we were strapped by a 40M contract, imagine a 52-55M contract. Dak's lucky he's dealing with Jerry. I didn't like the 40M, let alone 52 -55M.

Buzzbait

Reaction score
Yeah, if he's willing to take a 20% piece of the pie, he needs to take the responsibility of out scoring the opponent.
OR.....start paying back some of that 20%. How would that be for incentive? Play or pay. :popcorn:

They love strapping the team with guarantees, how about the player guaranteeing some results?

Last edited:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
If we were strapped by a 40M contract, imagine a 52-55M contract. Dak's lucky he's dealing with Jerry. I didn't like the 40M, let alone 52 -55M.
You guys say outlandish stuff on here and I can’t tell if you guys are just out of touch with reality or just trying to rile people up.