Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy reportedly getting 'fed up' with Jerry Jones

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
NO. He will be 73 next spring and hasn't accomplished anything since TB12 left. Besides, his primary interest is in 24 year old women now.
100% agree.

Two reasons why Bill Belechick will never coach here;
  1. He’s very used to having full control of the locker room and personnel. He runs a tight ship. He would never have that here in this entitled circus.
  2. BB is over the hill. Even HOF coaches reach the end of the line. Tom Landry was 64 when he was fired and although that was poorly handled, the game had passed him by. Happens to all the greats. Including Bill B.
So not only do I not believe he will ever agree to coach here; I also don’t want him here. I’m tired of watching washed up has beens (like Parcells, Wade, and McCarthy) or wet behind the ears rookies (like Garrett) We need a head coach with a load of talent that can inspire and take charge of the locker room, be innovative with Xs and Os and bottom line WIN playoff games.

As long as Jerry is breathing he will never hire a guy that talented. He will never again allow a HC to overshadow him.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
NO. He will be 73 next spring and hasn't accomplished anything since TB12 left. Besides, his primary interest is in 24 year old women now.
Yeah, I don't get this older guy attraction thing. I married someone 14 years older than me, and that age gap really made a big difference in our marriage. Needless to say, he's my ex now. LOL
Also, 24 and 73? That's just gross!! That's like dating your Grandpa!! Yuck!! :omg:

BoyzBlaster

Reaction score
Yeah, I don't get this older guy attraction thing. I married someone 14 years older than me, and that age gap really made a big difference in our marriage. Needless to say, he's my ex now. LOL
Also, 24 and 73? That's just gross!! That's like dating your Grandpa!! Yuck!! :omg:
Definitely something very weird about it, even if it's a straight up money grab by her.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

Some believe Mike McCarthy is entering the final year of his contract with the Dallas Cowboys as a "lame duck" head coach. There is no question that it is Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy in Big D, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' decision-makers did not make any aggressive moves in the offseason to improve their roster.

Tyler Dunne of Go Long says he spoke with Cowboys sources who discussed McCarthy's approach entering the 2024 season. For starters, they believe allowing McCarthy to coach on the final year of his contract is a mistake. Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. And, according to Dunne, McCarthy is getting fed up with the situation.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=7cd1f5a88e024279dffca41ce3f59933&ei=13

BB1oHVw4.img
Man i read "fat" up.

doomsday9084

Reaction score
Mike sees what most of us see. This is being set up as a lost season and MM is going to be the fall guy for it. I get why he would be upset.

That said, most owners would have fired him after the GB game. That was one of the worst coached games I have ever seen in any sport. Dallas was completely unprepared on both sides of the ball and made no adjustments in game for GB's tactics. I have difficulty feeling bad for Mike.

kskboys

Reaction score
This is merely a rumor, i'm going to move this to the rumors only thread, thank you everyone!! (Just kidding) sheesh
I was actually thinking the same thing. I haven't seen on shred of evidence that this is true.

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Story by Josh Sanchez
6/22/24

Some believe Mike McCarthy is entering the final year of his contract with the Dallas Cowboys as a "lame duck" head coach. There is no question that it is Super Bowl or bust for McCarthy in Big D, but Jerry Jones and the Cowboys' decision-makers did not make any aggressive moves in the offseason to improve their roster.

Tyler Dunne of Go Long says he spoke with Cowboys sources who discussed McCarthy's approach entering the 2024 season. For starters, they believe allowing McCarthy to coach on the final year of his contract is a mistake. Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. And, according to Dunne, McCarthy is getting fed up with the situation.

More: https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nf...r&cvid=7cd1f5a88e024279dffca41ce3f59933&ei=13

BB1oHVw4.img

I have to say, after many "vurt da furk" offseasons with Jerry this one is the biggest head scratcher. It really does appear that the Cowboys are mailing it in this year,,, not good for MM.

Hadenough

Reaction score
McCarthy is lucky he wasn't fired in the office season along with Dak. That performance from both was pathetic. Although it's like said years ago. Dak is going to get McCarthy fired.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Mike overall has done a very good job here.

But when Jerry fires him, plenty will make him the scapegoat just like Jerry has. Just wait for it.

And people wonder why Jerry operates the way he does? Because it usually works with gullible fans.
So you were against firing Mike after the Green Bay game? Do you think he should have been extended?

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
So you were against firing Mike after the Green Bay game? Do you think he should have been extended?
Yes, I like Mike. I think he's done a good job here dealing with Jerry and everything else. I expected us to get worse once our league-best OL aged out and the Cheap Dak Window closed right when he got here. Instead, we've been better. Yes, we've drafted well (except last year) to make that happen, but he may have had a hand in that.

And this year's playoff disaster was awful, to be sure. But I think Quinn had as much to do with that as anything, considering the defense didn't even get off the bus. The two years prior were close games, and I think SF was just the better team.

IMO Dak is more the limiting factor than the head coach. He's a good QB who just can't do it in the playoffs. I don't think the flavor-of-the-month OC is going to change that.