Cowboys HC Mike McCarthy reportedly getting 'fed up' with Jerry Jones

kskboys

Reaction score
Mike hamstrung himself by not having his team prepared for the playoffs. That's on him. He doesn't get to cry about anyone else.
Not sure anyone is blameless other than the kicker and the long snapper.
Before you come to that conclusion, you'd have to find out whether MM was happy w/ the LB corps, whether he agreed w/ the Schooner/Williams/Kelvin picks, and maybe Mazi(to be seen).

The team was not prepared due to major holes in personnel on the D. Was that his decision?

Redline360

Reaction score
Undermined? Fed up?

That's like the number one red flag when coaching the Cowboys with Jerry n Co involved.

Water is wet

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
Jerry undermines all his head coaches. McCarthy should’ve been fired after the debacle in the playoffs. He’s lucky to still have a head coaching job.
mcCarthy should already be working somewhere else he should of been fired that day the reason the qb has not been given an extension is for the same reason if they dont make the playoffs or are one and done dak wont be back

fivetwos

Reaction score
If I know Jerry at all, he is still pissed over when Mike embarrassed him publicly about lying to get the job, and people around had a chuckle over it.

Pure guess, but plausible that Jerry is gonna take his shots on the way out. He is vindictive that way.

I get it with the cap and all that, and the team certainly has its shortcomings, but this roster is not to where it needs a full teardown, yet they seem to be throwing the season away.

If they would have simply made an effort at DT in addition to the other smaller moves I’d be a lot more encouraged.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
From the article:

Another interesting note is that McCarthy believes Jerry Jones is undermining him and putting him in a no-win situation. Players have felt that impact because the coaches cannot influence players how they need to, leading to the Cowboys underachieving on the field.​

Bold> Newsflash

Mike McCarthy highly likely could not 100% influence players on his first day on the job.

He would not be the first head coach with that limitation.

McCarthy will highly likely not be the last head coach trying to cook in the same kitchen with the Mad Genius.
This

fivetwos

Reaction score
That’s been a big part of the problem all along, this is just a different area of it.

The coaches are fully clipped and undermined.

Jerry doesn’t get it and/or doesn’t care. He wants to be the man, and that’s that. At least one coordinator has to always be hand picked by him and the HC has to live with it if they want the job, Parcells included.

It’s been problematic every single time.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Three 12 win seasons in a row. The dude should get whatever he wants. The Jones are fools.
I don't know if I would give him what he wants, but he deserves an extension of at least two years. There were COVID issues his first year and he was somewhat stuck with Kellen Moore first years. Last year was the first where he had complete control of the offense as his own OC and we saw a different, more improved team. I would like to see him at least one more year.......add a year to the contract.

It is too late for that now, it seems Jerry has decided.

MikeT22

Reaction score
I would feel sorry for Big Mac except for this one big thing: He knew (or should have known) what he was getting into when he took this circus job 4 years ago.
Yep, and Big Mike knew it was his last chance to be an NFL HC again.

Just like way Jerry likes ‘em, desperate and cheap.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Actually I would like to know who are these "Cowboys sources" the article references.

Would McCarthy actually tell someone with media credentials, for instance, that he is "fed up" with Jones knowing it would be all over the internet?

While I agree MM has every reason to feel this way, a part of me thinks this article took some things out of context just to generate clicks.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Actually I would like to know who are these "Cowboys sources" the article references.

Would McCarthy actually tell someone with media credentials, for instance, that he is "fed up" with Jones knowing it would be all over the internet?

While I agree MM has every reason to feel this way, a part of me thinks this article took some things out of context just to generate clicks.
Yep, quite plausible that our head coach isn’t happy….along with our three best players.

My guess is Jerry is still so pissed that he doesn’t want to reward anyone for anything and whenever you tell Stephen to NOT write a signing bonus check, it’ll be met with a smile.

But what’s the plan from here….and WHY say they want to wait until camp to start negotiations?? Why not do that now so they can focus on camp while in camp?

Please, please tell me the grand plan isn’t to see how Lance looks in camp and that will affect the Dak decision. Please tell me that isn’t the case. Anyone….

If Dak ends up hurt and Lance balls out in like 8-10 games that’s one thing, but camp?

Either way, there being no obvious plan or direction leads me to believe that there isn’t one, and reaffirms that these two are in way over their heads.

The Romo and Prescott situations have covered for these two for a decade and a half. Yep, they have “hung around the rim.”

But now it’s getting complicated and certain things are about to be exposed, which is why they will cave to Dak in the end, but the so called hard stance they are taking now will only cost them in the end.

They aren’t good at this. McClay and his scout team aren’t going to save them when things reach a certain level of difficulty.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Yep, quite plausible that our head coach isn’t happy….along with our three best players.

My guess is Jerry is still so pissed that he doesn’t want to reward anyone for anything and whenever you tell Stephen to NOT write a signing bonus check, it’ll be met with a smile.

But what’s the plan from here….and WHY say they want to wait until camp to start negotiations?? Why not do that now so they can focus on camp while in camp?

Please, please tell me the grand plan isn’t to see how Lance looks in camp and that will affect the Dak decision. Please tell me that isn’t the case. Anyone….

If Dak ends up hurt and Lance balls out in like 8-10 games that’s one thing, but camp?

Either way, there being no obvious plan or direction leads me to believe that there isn’t one, and reaffirms that these two are in way over their heads.

The Romo and Prescott situations have covered for these two for a decade and a half. Yep, they have “hung around the rim.”

But now it’s getting complicated and certain things are about to be exposed, which is why they will cave to Dak in the end, but the so called hard stance they are taking now will only cost them in the end.

They aren’t good at this. McClay and his scout team aren’t going to save them when things reach a certain level of difficulty.
I agree. To be fair this team likes to do deals in camp, like Trevon Diggs last year.

My problem with the Jones boys is they love to cry about the cap because they don't want to cripple themselves in the future.

But it's been 30 years almost. I would not care if Dallas goes "all in", wins a Super Bowl, then has to spend five years rebuilding. Who cares? I've been waiting since 1996 anyway!!!

All the Cowboys are doing is setting themselves up for a "next year" that will never get here. Cap Boy Stephen is saving up cash he never intends to spend. We're an embarrassment.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
This season is set up for a failure. Repeat of the season when Wade got fired
No, this season isn't anything like 2010. When Garrett was hired as OC in 2007 he was promised the HC position, but had to wait until the right time. 2010 was the right time in Jerry's eyes.

There's no JGeezy waiting in the wings this time.

speedkilz88

Reaction score

This is a Cowboys Blogger that works for SI quoting a NYC based blogger whose claim to fame is a negative article about the Bills head coach. Looking for attention.

GMO415

Reaction score
MM fell for the "All In" lie. Jerry has already decided this year is a wash and is looking ahead to an entirely new squad next year.

Jerry is trying to determine if MM's offense is ideal for Trey Lance (the next franchise QB)

Cowfan75Lives

Reaction score
...that GB game will linger with Jerry until his time. If there was a denominational side to MM, it was to WIN that game.

Jerry is probably fed up with options. You pay people big bucks. Still cant win. You get best coaches. Still cant win.

You offer Bitcoin for everyone. Still cant win.

Three straight 12-5 seasons. One playoff win. Jerry says, "Its hammer time" ..
200.webp
He scrapes the bottom of the bargain bin for free agents. And we certainly don't go after the best coaches. I doubt Jerry is fed up with anything. Heck, we're about to get slots at the Death Star. THAT is Jerry's Super Bowl.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
This year is just wasted.

It sucks. They put no effort into improving the team.

The Cowboys biggest problem is they think everything is going to just come to them and they don’t have to put effort into acquiring talent.
Don’t try to climb back on the ship when they start winning.

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
This would not surprise me at all. As stated before, I can see Mike giving Jerry the finger on an extension if he has a highly successful season and an offer from another team. Hell, pay attention to his body language during their joint presser. Not to mention his recent statement that no one wants to be on a one-year contract.

I think Dak could feel the same way.

Imagine getting to the NFCCG and losing your head coach and franchise QB.
Not a problem for a team that pathologically cannot make it there.