Signed by Cowboys Cowboys hire Brian Schottenheimer as Offensive Coordinator

CWR

Reaction score
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/within-cowboys-promote-brian-schottenheimer-204618968.html

That said, there’s a lot of detail that he can bring to the offense, as noted by PFF’s John Owning.

Whether you love or hate Dak this should be appreciated. If he can succeed more power to him and if he can't his supporters will fall to the wayside.

Call me crazy but I love setting this team up for a sink or swim season. I'm beyond tired of treading water and getting bounced early in the playoffs. Make it happen or start over.

fivetwos

Reaction score
It's probably a make or break year for him but he doesn't deserve it. His results so far shouldn't have him on the hot seat. Not unless you have a delusional outlook on the roster and how this team is managed.
Mike will collect his 30 million, which is what he wanted.

Based on his comments a year ago this time, even he was astounded at some of the things that go on within Jerrys ego show, but he wasn’t about to quit.

It’s likely that his contract will expire at the perfect time to be the next scapegoat, but not leave the idiots paying two coaches.

How convenient.

Even the biggest of blind fans aren’t going to buy this forever.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
He’s the fake Offensive Coordinator.

They couldn’t find anyone anywhere else to come be our Eric Bienemy so they just gave Schottenheimer the job.

McCarthy wants to run and call his own offense.
Not to mention.......every Tom, Dick and Harry inside circles know this could be MM's final year. That makes it hard to attract quality OCs but I'm OK with this. He'll basically do all the weekly offensive legwork for MM.......

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
Whether you love or hate Dak this should be appreciated. If he can succeed more power to him and if he can't his supporters will fall to the wayside.

Call me crazy but I love setting this team up for a sink or swim season. I'm beyond tired of treading water and getting bounced early in the playoffs.
Make it happen or start over. lol.

What else can we do? You use the word "I'm"....

You are not crazy...just confused.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Well all we need now is a real GM, and we're set.
There’s a lot of teams that have real GM’s that go nowhere. Fans seem to think it’s as simple as Jerry hiring a GM and Super Bowl here we come. His running of the team is an issue, but it comes down to the Cowboys needing better players. When Jerry had great players he won 3 Super Bowls.

JBS

Reaction score
Not to mention.......every Tom, Dick and Harry inside circles know this could be MM's final year. That makes it hard to attract quality OCs but I'm OK with this. He'll basically do all the weekly offensive legwork for MM.......
Oh but you swore those interviews last week were legit lolol

JBS

Reaction score
There’s a lot of teams that have real GM’s that go nowhere. Fans seem to think it’s as simple as Jerry hiring a GM and Super Bowl here we come. His running of the team is an issue, but it comes down to the Cowboys needing better players.
This is true. But the idea is that a real GM is able to better assess the talent the team currently has. As opposed to overrating it and not making the necessary moves to improve. Not to mention better utilize the other roster building resources that are available , such as free agency and trades.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
This is true. But the idea is that a real GM is able to better assess the talent the team currently has. As opposed to overrating it and not making the necessary moves to improve.
He won three Super Bowls when he had the players. He made the necessary moves to improve back then. Players salaries, and the salary cap has caused him not to be as bold. Back when he was winning Super Bowls, he would’ve never moved on from a player like Amari Cooper especially not for a fifth round pick.

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
Schottenheimer will be the running game coordinator’ The failure in that area is a big reason why Kellen Moore isn’t here any more.
This ^^^^^.....win TOP, wear teams down, and control the 4th period.

JBS

Reaction score
He won three Super Bowls when he had the players. He made the necessary moves to improve back then. Players salaries, and the salary cap has caused him not to be as bold. Back when he was winning Super Bowls, he would’ve never moved on from a player like Amari Cooper especially not for a fifth round pick.
So what exactly is the problem ? He’s had 30 years to get the players. He’s in charge of getting the players. So who is at fault then?

Sydla

Reaction score
LOL.

Low hanging fruit.

Why anyone would think they'd go big at OC. This franchise is small timey.

Sydla

Reaction score
I just cannot understand for the life of me how proven mediocre coaches like Schottenheimer keep getting jobs.

The good old boy system really works.
Add in the fact this organization just sucks at hiring coaches and McCarthy was calling plays anyway, it was a given they would hire some low energy, yes man OC.