Twitter: Cowboys interest in TE Brate

jnday

Reaction score
Joking aside, just in terms of the player, Brate would be an upgrade for us.
In all honesty, can you say that finding an upgrade for the TE position would be hard? I think most school kids could see that just about anybody would be an upgrade.

Mr_437

Reaction score
A 4th round pick for a backup TE, a 27 year old former rookie free agent on the Buccaneers with at $4 mil a season contract? So now the Cowboys are the dumping ground for bad contracts? They are establishing quite a league wide reputation.
Cool, Cowboys looking to build a bigger hole.

Roadtrip635

Reaction score
He definitely has good hands anyway it seems from the highlights ???? Hell if it's an upgrade and we can get them for a good price do it
It's not just his hands, he's also a good blocker and if you watch our TE blocking, it's been very inconsistent. Brate has the size, strength and experience to really help the blocking in our run game. He's a good all around TE, something our scheme really depends on.

He's a hard worker, he's fought his way up, no drama, humble guy, stays late to work on his game. Think he still has roommates, he likes having his teammates by his side.
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...g-modest-lifestyle-roommates-despite-41m-deal

Here's an article on how his production and salary matchup versus other TEs in the league.
https://www.bucsnation.com/2018/3/14/17120234/does-brates-production-match-his-contract

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
It sounds like nothing is here and Fisher was flinging something and hoping it sticks.

He was asked about it again an hour ago and said to look for more Dalton Schultz.
Exactly, he was just throwing that out there

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Even if it's not Brate, I wonder if the Cowboys do pick up a TE by tomorrow. Swaim has basically been asked to be the number one and number two guy and now he's hurt. Rico and Blake Jarwin are just sub-package guys and Schultz is a rookie.

If there's an experienced guy out there that can block and can be had for a late round pick, even in 2020, then I can see Dallas getting him. Just a name to throw out there- Cleveland's Seth DeValve?

AmishCowboy

if you ain't first, you're last
Reaction score
He is still a mismatch on the field

He gets open every play
He only gets in for 1 play at a time because they have to tell him what to do, have you ever seen him in for a series?, We will see who gets the most playing time against Tenn, Jarwin, the Rookie Schultz or a 3rd year pro in Gathers, Rico has been around the longest but I bet we see more of Schultz

Rayman70

Reaction score
Even if it's not Brate, I wonder if the Cowboys do pick up a TE by tomorrow. Swaim has basically been asked to be the number one and number two guy and now he's hurt. Rico and Blake Jarwin are just sub-package guys and Schultz is a rookie.

If there's an experienced guy out there that can block and can be had for a late round pick, even in 2020, then I can see Dallas getting him. Just a name to throw out there- Cleveland's Seth DeValve?
Brate or see if OJ Howard is available. Rather have Brate only because hes complete.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Brate is the best TE and redzone target in the league that nobody knows about. If he played here in Dallas he would be a household name. He's witten with a little more speed.

Rayman70

Reaction score
Listen guys, we would be very relevant offensively right now if we somehow traded for a guy like Brate.. Hes plug and play for the next 7 years easily. Problem solved. Dak,Zeke, Cooper,Gallup, BRATE...and a nice luxury is Beasley and Tavon. THATS a nice lineup. I honestly see Zeke being able to run with the coaching changes we have made and IF we also make this trade. Its worth a 3rd easily.

CB61

Reaction score
It's not just his hands, he's also a good blocker and if you watch our TE blocking, it's been very inconsistent. Brate has the size, strength and experience to really help the blocking in our run game. He's a good all around TE, something our scheme really depends on.

Like I said before I haven't seen much of him I did just finish watching some highlights though had to go back to college to see some of the real good blocks at least what was out there on the internet and I would say you have a pretty good assessment of him and if we can get him for a decent price let's do it he's committed long-term and he kind of reminds me of a little bit of Jason Witten not real fast but clever, now what that being said I'm not comparing him to Jason Witten I said he looks a little bit like Jason Witten clever and able to get open

He's a hard worker, he's fought his way up, no drama, humble guy, stays late to work on his game. Think he still has roommates, he likes having his teammates by his side.
http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/...g-modest-lifestyle-roommates-despite-41m-deal

Here's an article on how his production and salary matchup versus other TEs in the league.
https://www.bucsnation.com/2018/3/14/17120234/does-brates-production-match-his-contract

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Brate is the best TE and redzone target in the league that nobody knows about. If he played here in Dallas he would be a household name. He's witten with a little more speed.

You're right about Brate but at what cost? We are already spectators for the first round and I'm not giving a 3rd for Brate; especially not if Schultz is the player the Cowboys hope he will be.

CB61

Reaction score
My reply got mixed up in your quote somehow I hope you can see it but yes he seems to be a hard worker humble just goes about his job I am all for that you will see the rest of my post mixed up with yours having rough day

CWR

Reaction score
In all honesty, can you say that finding an upgrade for the TE position would be hard? I think most school kids could see that just about anybody would be an upgrade.

Agreed, but I think Brate is a legitimate player.

CB61

Reaction score
You're right about Brate but at what cost? We are already spectators for the first round and I'm not giving a 3rd for Brate; especially not if Schultz is the player the Cowboys hope he will be.
Well at this point it's a Gamble and that's what Jerry is all about and he has Us in the middle of a tough poker game at this point go big or go home whether we like it or not that's where we're at