Twitter: Cowboys interest in TE Brate

funkytown

Reaction score
Please. No more trades of Cowboy draft picks. At this point, let's just roll with what we got. If we must trade, let it be some Cowboy fringe player for a draft pick. Get draft picks, don't give draft picks up.

You do it for late round picks. I have no faith in this team drafting outside the 4th round. I'd rather trade a 5th for a proven commodity.

Don't put so much stock in draft picks. Smart teams are moving mid to late round picks for proven players.

cristglo

Reaction score
- Cut Thompson
- Send 4th for Brate
- Brate takes Thompson’s spot on the 53
- Recoup 4th from Hitchens

Easy
Because it makes sense and its easy I doubt seriously it will get done. For you who want to help out the OL and the run came it makes a lot of sense. he is also a redzone threat.Having Him and Swaim Cooper beasley Gallup and Zeke brings in another dimension in your offense. Cant believe that some of you cannot see this. You offer the 4th and cut Thompson!
I agree Its that EASY

dogberry

Reaction score
I was too busy doing push-ups to adequately analyse my Sargents' faces for hints of sarcasm.

cristglo

Reaction score
when has Jerry ever done anything that has made any sense to us fans? Other Teams can trade for players Like Randy Moss HOF for later round picks yet we give up a first for Cooper who didnt even make the top 100 player list last year.Hope it works out and Im rooting for him. I do think he will be better then any WR we can get in the 1st I think? LOL

cristglo

Reaction score
Look at Cleveland they have had so many 1st round picks yet they are still having problems wining games? How many times have the wasted 1st round picks on QB's? How long did Hue keep his job? LOL I guess we could be the Cleveland Browns.

Kage

Reaction score
According to PFF

Swaim = 59.5 .... #43 TE
Brate = 56.0 .... #55 TE

Is this worth giving up a pick, plus taking on his contract?

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
According to PFF

Swaim = 59.5 .... #43 TE
Brate = 56.0 .... #55 TE

Is this worth giving up a pick, plus taking on his contract?

Brate is currently a backup stuck behind a first-rounder. Swaim is our starter. I have no doubt if Brate were here as the starter, he'd be quite a bit above where Swaim is.

I'm not knocking Swaim. He's a pretty good No. 2, but that's his ceiling.

CowboyStar88

Reaction score
I’d be highly interested in this TE. I think with how this QB plays he’d be perfect for the 5-8 yard passes. However it still won’t help this QB throw in the middle of the field. But this is a good start along with Cooper, Gallup, Bease and when Austin comes back. Not a bad set of weapons for this QB or a new QB.