Cowboys Making Late Run At Signing Dak Prescott To Extension

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Dak will cost cap space. But he doesn’t cost any first round picks either.

This guy makes my head hurt.

"You cant do any worse than Dak"
*points out a million instances of QBs worse than Dak*
"Well my point is it isnt hard to find a mediocre QB and Dak is in that grouping*

THATS THE SAME EXACT THING AS SAYING YOU CANT DO ANY WORSE WHICH YOU WERE JUST SHOWN ISNT REMOTELY TRUE.

If someone thinks that you cant do any worse than a top 16 starting QB then they should have their posting privileges taken away.

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
“Great team” my butt. They have the potential to be great because their QB is a winner.

83 total TD, 25 INT and a 32-16 record. Game-winning drive after game-winning drive, among the best clutch QBs in football. On WHAT PLANET is this mediocre??

If Dak gets hurt, Dallas is going 4-12.

"My thing is you have to use team stats to make Dak look good".

Umm
Over 66% completion %
2.75 TD:INT
7.4 yards per attempt
96 rate

Doesnt include any of his rushing accolades or his clutch #'s

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I RECALL Matt Cassel, "he throws a pretty ball" Weeden, and man...I don't even remember...didn't Jon Kitna and Kellen Moore play QB that year too? I think we even drug Kitna out of retirement that year. lol
Team added what in '16? Zeke? Okay, but didn't that '15 team have a 1000 yard rusher behind the OL that can block for anybody?
How about we put Weeden and 10 wins guy Cassel back in there?

dagreat1_87

Reaction score
It's a good post. I had to skim through it because it's just too long but I got the Macro part of it and I didn't say it's not possible to draft busts.

I just think it's easier then ever to find a solid QB and I look around the league and I just don't see many terrible QB's.

If you bust on a QB then of course it's bad and it sets you back but mediocre QB's are everywhere and if you look at Dak's production it's pretty mediocre.

You have to measure Dak by team accomplishments to up his value.

If you just look at actual elite QB's and you look at the stats and you can see a lot of yards and TD's.

With Dak you have to ignore his mediocre stats and go to things like winning and leadership.

I like Dak.. Don't get me wrong. He's just terrible value.

Me personally, I don't think linehans scheme played to daks strengths. Hoping we see a different dak this year with moore. If it's more of the same, or regression, that could definitely change my view....with that said, theres alot more quarterbacks that I'd want to avoid than have instead of dak

Nav22

Reaction score
But it's easy to find mediocrity at the position and Dak is in that category on a great team.
And another thing: how is it “easy”?

DakPresgoat just gave you a full breakdown showing how many busts are selected for every “elite QB.”

You responded by saying that those teams will essentially keep trying.

How is that an easy fix? If you draft a bust (or even a QB who’s not better than Dak), you just wasted at least a year.

This is a team built to win NOW. Tossing aside the only QB who gives you any chance now makes absolutely no sense. Dak has already proven that he can win with this team.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score

DakPresgoat just gave you a full breakdown showing how many busts are selected for every “elite QB.”

How is that an easy fix? If you draft a bust (or even a QB who’s not better than Dak), you just wasted at least a year.

This is a team built to win NOW. Tossing aside the only QB who gives you any chance now makes absolutely no sense. Dak has already proven that he can win with this team.

When you draft a QB you’re shooting for the moon. So of course there is some risk in that or everyone would have Patrick Mahomes.

But if you look around the league almost nobody is trotting out a bad QB.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score

Just not a well thought out premise. We've seen this team with "mediocre" QB's in '15.
I mean... Cassell won 10 games taking over for Brady! Dallas only really added Zeke for Dak!
Just not well thought.

Nav22

Reaction score
When you draft a QB you’re shooting for the moon. So of course there is some risk in that or everyone would have Patrick Mahomes.

But if you look around the league almost nobody is trotting out a bad QB.
Again with the baseless implication that “anyone with this supporting cast could go 32-16 over 3 years!”

It’s such nonsense, especially when you consider the fact that Dak is one of the most clutch QBs in football. Many of our wins with Dak come via a 4th quarter game-winning drive in which he delivers when it matters time and time again.

Again, I really don’t get how anyone looks at Dak’s resume, stats and pedigree and thinks he’s “mediocre.” You must not watch much NFL football besides the Cowboys. Dak outperforms the strong majority of these QBs who you put on his level.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score

HungryLion

Reaction score

You actually have wasted probably 2-3 years.

1 year tanking. At least 2 years finding out your QB just isn’t that good. Plus you just wasted at least one first round pick if you tanked.

If you didn’t tank, you just wasted multiple first round picks, to trade up into position to take a highly touted QB prospect.