Cowboys Making Late Run At Signing Dak Prescott To Extension

HungryLion

Reaction score
Let’s not also forget.

Yes Dak went through a really bad sophomore slump. He was putrid during that slump. Dreadful.

Other than that slump though. He has been ABOVE average.

Even with that slump. I believe he is top 10 in QB rating the last 3 seasons. @percyhoward posted those numbers I believe.

So I don’t really think Dak is mediocre anyway. He just went through a really bad slump, which happens to a lot of young QB’s.

Corso

Offseason mode... sleepy time
Reaction score
I know this argument is frustrating. I am trying to get Catch to see what I’m saying.

But Catch is a good dude overall. I posted with him on the scout message boards for over a decade.

Definitely don’t see eye to eye with him on this one though. Lol.
I remember really getting into it over several days with Catch over Dez when he was cut.
Hammered him into oblivion with facts and he straight up admitted that he just will not change his mind no matter what.
He's that kind of guy.
#Respect

HungryLion

Reaction score
I remember really getting into it over several days with Catch over Dez when he was cut.
Hammered him into oblivion with facts and he straight up admitted that he just will not change his mind no matter what.
He's that kind of guy.
#Respect

He stands up for his beliefs. I remember him going at with with another poster all draft season long between Terrance Newman and Terrell Suggs. The threads were epic.

But Catch doesn’t make things personal. So I respect that.

Corso

Reaction score
He stands up for his beliefs. I remember him going at with with another poster all draft season long between Terrance Newman and Terrell Suggs. The threads were epic.

But Catch doesn’t make things personal. So I respect that.
Absolutely. I always look forward to reading his work.
No matter my opinion of it.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Well... he's not Deion Sanders so he can be tagged.
Deion? Not so much according to Madden, so I've read.
Funny thing is I was thinking exactly that when I said tag him once if needed. Literally read my mind. :thumbup:

Rayman70

Reaction score
if we tag him, we actually take a HUGE cap it immediately. I use to think we could tag him, but it makes more cap sense to extend him long-term now. I think the Cap hit for a QB would be like over 20 mil. If we extend him, we can get away cheaper in the long-term yearly.

Corso

Reaction score
if we tag him, we actually take a HUGE cap it immediately. I use to think we could tag him, but it makes more cap sense to extend him long-term now. I think the Cap hit for a QB would be like over 20 mil. If we extend him, we can get away cheaper in the long-term yearly.
True. If the team wanted to tag him, they wouldn't be trying to negotiate an extension unless they hope for a lowball acceptance. Just tag him.
No.
They want him, they've wanted him and they'll have him.
Now let's sit back and watch the gnashing of teeth over it.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score

I really thought that line by Madden was classic. One of the greatest minds in football ever. He could see it all, a lot of people underestimate just how intelligent he was cause of the comical things he would come up with but he was always dead on when it came to football intelligence.

Rayman70

Reaction score
True. If the team wanted to tag him, they wouldn't be trying to negotiate an extension unless they hope for a lowball acceptance. Just tag him.
No.
They want him, they've wanted him and they'll have him.
Now let's sit back and watch the gnashing of teeth over it.
exactly.

Rayman70

Reaction score
I really thought that line by Madden was classic. One of the greatest minds in football ever. He could see it all, a lot of people underestimate just how intelligent he was cause of the comical things he would come up with but he was always dead on when it came to football intelligence.
is he dead? lol...you said "was"

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
It's not like he needs to be tagged for this season. It would be for next season. They can always allocate money to free up 20 mill if needed.

Corso

Reaction score
I actually have a thought that Jerry just really, really likes Dak.
He had to coerce Romo to be more of a student of the game with his Peyton remarks.
Dak is obsessed with getting better.
Dak is great publicity for the Cowboys.
Dak wins.
Dak is a really cool nickname that tags with people, being both mono-syllabic and easily recognizable.
He has won since he got here.
He doesn't stir the pot. He rallies the troops.
I think Jerry loves him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rayman70

Reaction score
It's not like he needs to be tagged for this season. It would be for next season. They can always allocate money to free up 20 mill if needed.
I think its a moot point.Looks like we are about to lock him up for several years.