Cowboys O scoring at a historic pace

Am I missing something? I'm questioning myself because, surely, no one would double down this way on something that seems so obviously incorrect. The comparison goes back to 2000. That so many high ranking teams are from relatively recent seasons doesn't undermine it's value (although I wouldn't argue it as much beyond just being interesting).
so you consider all 6 of the examples as historic?

what if the graph had listed the top 10?

the point is if you consider only what this graph represents, then the only "historic" number is the first one.

from a big picture perspective the Patriots 2007 season is the historic season for points per drive. "During their peak 4-game stretches in 2007 (such as their opening run scoring blowout totals against the Jets, Chargers, Bills, and Browns), the Patriots pushed their rolling points-per-drive average even higher past 3.8 to 4.0+ points per drive during specific compressed windows". That offense achieved cultural relevance & rewrote many other NFL records that season.
 

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
476,193
Messages
14,671,864
Members
24,227
Latest member
Nathaniel
Back
Top