Cowboys owner Jerry Jones said the team is looking to extend LB Aldon Smith

The Fonz

Correctamundo
Reaction score
Boy thi is the issue with Jerry and his son they talk too much . Hey Jerry . before you do the talking publicly negotiate with the player and make it a deal......after that you can talk as much as you want

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya know this magpie moron has created a new term, we've got players' coach and players' owner and now we have the first agents' owner.

Below is a list of all the other owners, GMs and HC's that have shared their plans with the media for next year.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ya know this magpie moron has created a new term, we've got players' coach and players' owner and now we have the first agents' owner.

Below is a list of all the other owners, GMs and HC's that have shared their plans with the media for next year.
You tricky bastid …
OIP.BQDi2M-4BCUJrOW7UlZX6gHaD4

irishline

Reaction score
They already have about $28 million in cap space, and next year they wont be paying Tyrone Crawford or Everson Griffin on the D-Line, so they can divert some of that money to Smith.

Neither Crawford or Griffin were under contract for next year anyway so they have no cap hit. Meaning diverting money would mean it comes from that $28.5 million you spoke of, not from either of them.

I know there are several ways for the team to get cap space, just pointing out that one has zero to do with the other.

Edit: You may have meant what I typed, if so I'm sorry, I just didn't read it that way.

CapnB

Reaction score
Neither Crawford or Griffin were under contract for next year anyway so they have no cap hit. Meaning diverting money would mean it comes from that $28.5 million you spoke of, not from either of them.

I know there are several ways for the team to get cap space, just pointing out that one has zero to do with the other.

Edit: You may have meant what I typed, if so I'm sorry, I just didn't read it that way.

After further review, Your apology is accepted and no timeout will be charged. first down

texbumthelife

Reaction score
Has Aldon Smith done anything the last few weeks? He started fast, but I feel like he's definitely faded. I'm not against extending him, but not for a big chunk of change and not withojt a quick out.

John813

Reaction score
Why?

Oh that's right he's a Jerry reclamation signing that he wants to pan out.

817Gill

Reaction score
Also, who here would be a fan of Aldon losing 10-15 lbs and playing closer to his previous playing weight? I feel like 270ish would keep him just as strong but help with endurance and speed/quickness. To me he hasn’t taken many snaps or made much of an impact rushing inside as many believed his frame would allow him to do.

Dude’s hit somewhat of a wall, hope that Randy can rotate in enough to help with that midseason.

Flamma

Reaction score
Aldon Smith is hit or miss this year. I don't think he'll command that much money. But I like our rejects and rookies. They are making the Cowboys exciting this year. Diggs, Lamb, Gregory, A. Smith, Hamilton, Gallimore and Biadasz. Too bad Diggs is hurt.

blueblood70

Reaction score
another Jerry on the cheap player, fits right in with the Jones master plan.
hes plays well for the missed years off, with structured off season with this team and coaches, i believe he will be a nice player next year.. as long as the contract is team friendly with protections, why not?

fivetwos

Reaction score
The Jones way of insisting on patting themselves in the back to the media is exactly why they get creamed in contract negotiations.

Way beyond a joke.

garyo1954

Reaction score
If he calls Jimmy Johnson and talks real nice he can get some ExtenZee at discount.

Aven8

Reaction score
Meh, he wanted to sign Quinn last offseason too. He will go to the highest bidder.