RELEASED Cowboys release Michael Gallup

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Which is exactly why the Bears haven't been able to unload Justin Fields on anybody.....teams are waiting to get him for free to use as a backup
I don’t agree because teams could’ve waited for Mac Jones and Kenny Pickett to get cut and didn’t. I think teams are waiting to see how the draft goes.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
:hammer:

That really is what is boils down to.

All conjecture... who knows if CeeDee grows into the #1 with Coop still here. Battling egos and all that... but yeah, starts to look like Coop vs Gallup instead of Coop vs CeeDee, ESPECIALLY after the Browns re-negotiated his contract down closer to Gallup numbers.
Do you remember the show married with children? Al was negotiating a car deal and the salesman ripped him off. It was like Stephen negotiating contracts with agents. :facepalm: :thumbup:

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Remember when the Bengals were offering a 2nd rd pick for Martellus Bennett and Jerry said no? Martellus ended up walking for nothing in free agency. This is the stuff you can't make up with this Front office.
I vaguely remember that but I don’t think the issue was not trading him the issue was not giving him more reps or drafting him at all.

Rayman70

Reaction score
They clearly did this with Tolbert and Brooks in mind. They want one of them to win this spot in camp. Hunter Renfrow still available?

Rayman70

Reaction score
So the chuckle heads let Ced wilson go in favor of this injured bum. They created a mess. They paid him ,wasted cap and a roster spot by keeping him.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
FO is not immune to failure in fact they have gotten quite good at it. Surprising they win so much
It's because Dak has carried this team more than what his critics want to admit. Dak has kept this team afloat...no thanks or help from this front office. That's what you Dak critics fail to realize.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Gallup was still better than Tolbert. He was our only WR to show up in the playoffs. We continue to lose talent. We’re going to be banking on a lot of young players next season.
100% correct.

If the Cowboys don't pick a WR early (preferably one of the 2 Texas WRs), this offense is going to struggle badly with only 1 legit WR in CeeDee, no RB, no Center and no Tackles (Terence Steele sucks).

starfan1

Reaction score
It's because Dak has carried this team more than what his critics want to admit. Dak has kept this team afloat...no thanks or help from this front office. That's what you Dak critics fail to realize.
See that’s the thing with you AC you are so quick to jump on anyone that don’t agree with you forget who your talking to half the time

I’m a FO critic much more than I am Dak critic. Dak has made the team relevant despite the FO blunders

As much as you hate admitting probably Dak and Romo are carbon copies both carried sup par roster at times

Both have failed for various reason in playoffs and both were overpaid but it comes with the position

Dak’s arse is part of the problem . I don’t think he’s the biggest by any stretch but his selfish arse needs to take less money so the team shortcomings can be fixed

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Gallup was still better than Tolbert. He was our only WR to show up in the playoffs. We continue to lose talent. We’re going to be banking on a lot of young players next season.
Tolbert is an ascending player though and Gallup is clearly getting worse.

starfan1

Reaction score
The FO has consistently put together one of the better rosters in the NFL....they aren't as stupid as some make them out to be.
And that roster has consistently failed in playoffs for one reason or another because the FO failed to address one thing or another usually the defense but I don’t think they did the team any favors with last years draft

Hopefully this year it gets better production from that draft

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
See that’s the thing with you AC you are so quick to jump on anyone that don’t agree with you forget who your talking to half the time

I’m a FO critic much more than I am Dak critic. Dak has made the team relevant despite the FO blunders

As much as you hate admitting probably Dak and Romo are carbon copies both carried sup par roster at times

Both have failed for various reason in playoffs and both were overpaid but it comes with the position

Dak’s arse is part of the problem . I don’t think he’s the biggest by any stretch but his selfish arse needs to take less money so the team shortcomings can be fixed
Agree on everything you said bro. My apologies for clumping you with the haters.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
Tolbert is an ascending player though and Gallup is clearly getting worse.
Gallup definitely regressed but Tolbert looks like a JAG in my opinion. We’ll see if he takes another step next season.

Zekeats

theranchsucks
Reaction score
Utter and colossal fail by the FO when they resigned him to that deal.
Don't forget, they cut Amari too, then had to trade for cooks and him and Gallup cost more $ than it woudla been to keep Cooper who was a real deep threat. SMH what a failure.