Cowboys schedule is brutal

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
How so? Romo caught worse and it is the QB, the glory guy will catch the most heat.

Dak is a half glass QB. All of us have seen some good and some not so good, it's the way one chooses to roll with him. And those of us that watched him play in college have seen that half empty glass more when teams like AL, AU and LSU forced it all on him to be a passing QB.

My jury is out on Dak, I am not sure how this is going to go this season. I am hopeful as I like him except for that "being the best DC QB of all time" BS. I like my football players to be the strong silent type.
Why does a person need to be on one side or the other? Why not praise a player when a good play is made and call out the bad plays when they happen. Dak is going into his 3rd year, of course the jury is still out

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Elliott>Fournette for one. I'd also take Prescott over their bum of a QB 6 days a week and twice on Sunday. Not to mention our OL especially with the new OG probably really is the best in the NFL.

And yet, Jacksonville had more passing yards, more rushing yards, and more wins than the Cowboys last season. So again, their fans could be saying the same things about Dallas.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Ok that’s 3 positions. It also doesn’t take into account the 3rd WR. Beasley is a quaility slot WR, albeit in a different era of football than 2003.

Quincy Carter doesn’t start on this team, and Troy Hambrick doesn’t start on this team. Any backups that Hambrick had, probably don’t even make the roster behind guys like Tavon Austin and Rod Smith.

Quincy couldn’t even throw a spiral consistently for crying out loud.

Funny I’m getting referred to as a scolded fan, by the guy who has been pissing and moaning ever since the Eagles drafted a certain QB rather than the cowboys.

But I’m the scolded one.

The truth is debating about it is pointless because we are arguing about a team from 15 years ago, and it’s clear we are on opposite ends of the spectrum when it comes to the current QB.

Lastly, this thread is about what the teams overall record will be. The offensive skill players are only one part in determining what the record will be. A lot will also be determined by the defense and the offensive line.

Even the best offensive skill players in the league, can’t perform at a high level if they don’t have people blocking for them..... but the last time I brought up the OL and the impact they will have with the offensive production in general, you complained about it......

Desperation.

Don't try to steer this into something I didn't say. I correctly said this is the worst group of skill position players we've had here since Campo. You commented on that and not any other area of the team, Joe.

You mentioned 2003. When a bad QB had several quality weapons. Instead of this bad QB with none.

QB - I guess I go Prescott but both suck.
RB - Of course Zeke.
FB - Anderson
WR1 - Glenn
WR2 - Galloway
TE - Witten

You still lose. They were better. We've got a RB and that's all we have.

And that's the biggest reason why they will be picking in the first half of the first round next year. No talent at the skill positions.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
10-11 year old AYA (later DYA) European championship playoffs. We (Munich) won, then won the championship the following week.
That is cool. I played against Munich and won the USAREUR little league baseball championship in 1983 or 84. But I was living in Stuttgart at the time. I didn't move to Italy until 1989.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
And yet, Jacksonville had more passing yards, more rushing yards, and more wins than the Cowboys last season. So again, their fans could be saying the same things about Dallas.
While that's true a defense that gets turnovers and stops the opponent gives their offense more chances. Their defense was better as was their coaching, that's the biggest reason we have the better OL, QB and RB but didn't produce as they did offensively. Plus injuries and suspensions to those positions didn't help us

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
It's the worst QB/WR/TE group since the days of Dave Campo. Easily.

The offensive line isn't a skill position.

It's certainly the QB/WR/TE group with the most question marks since the days of the Campo era.

But I'm sure the guy many here say "can't coach" will coach 'em up to that 12-4 season I've seen prognosticated here this summer. :huh:

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Oh I get that but it's our duty to correct the false narratives haha
I’d agree to a point but ridiculous doesn’t deserve recognition like bashing Garrett for clapping. Why even give it any credence with a response?

Most of the fly byes as I call them would fade if we let them.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yeah, tough way to enter the NFL - front and center. Last year would have been so different if Zeke and Tyron were there. Of course, everything being equal, he needed support and didn't really get it - having to follow a ridiculous game plan. The guy has had a history of rising above adversity.
Yes he does just by virtue of how he gets the QB1 job and doesn't let it go.

I see Dak as a QB they can build around, much like E. Manning and Flacco but they got better D's and teams.

But in the end, to me, there is no denying that he was the 7th QB taken and 3rd choice of the team that took him for a reason. His dual threat as a QB got him on the Heisman short list after his junior year and teams turning him into a pocket QB took him off that list the next season. Every NFL personnel guy saw how he preformed against NFL type SEC defenses.

I guess I would be more on the positive side if I had ever seen any QB come into the NFL and fix accuracy issues, I have never seen that happen.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
While that's true a defense that gets turnovers and stops the opponent gives their offense more chances. Their defense was better as was their coaching, that's the biggest reason we have the better OL, QB and RB but didn't produce as they did offensively. Plus injuries and suspensions to those positions didn't help us

No one has to convince me we have a shot to beat Jacksonville. But seeing that game called "easy" by multiple posters is a bit puzzling.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
Desperation.

Don't try to steer this into something I didn't say. I correctly said this is the worst group of skill position players we've had here since Campo. You commented on that and not any other area of the team, Joe.

You mentioned 2003. When a bad QB had several quality weapons. Instead of this bad QB with none.

QB - I guess I go Prescott but both suck.
RB - Of course Zeke.
FB - Anderson
WR1 - Glenn
WR2 - Galloway
TE - Witten

You still lose. They were better. We've got a RB and that's all we have.

And that's the biggest reason why they will be picking in the first half of the first round next year. No talent at the skill positions.
It’s very difficult for me to argue this.
Well done !!

I hadn’t considered how poorly we are at the skill positions going into this season and haven’t thought of comparing to Campo era but when your right.. your right even if we don’t want to hear it. At least until further evidence .

Diehardblues

Reaction score
No one has to convince me we have a shot to beat Jacksonville. But seeing that game called "easy" by multiple posters is a bit puzzling.
Right . Their defense could totally shut us down like Denver did last year .

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I’d agree to a point but ridiculous doesn’t deserve recognition like bashing Garrett for clapping. Why even give it any credence with a response?

Most of the fly byes as I call them would fade if we let them.
You know what, you make a great point. I have no rebuttal

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Oh, that isn't going to be an easy game. Didn't see that posted and I'm not going to argue that it would be easy

Reaction score
The strategy is clearly going to be to run the ball, play ball control and try to force turnovers.

The only way the offense will be throwing more than 25 passes a game, is if something with the running game or defense is going wrong. The strategy going into a game is never going to be to air it out.

The problem will lie, in situations where the team is forced to get into a shootout, either because of committing too many turnovers or because the defense is struggling. Then they will be in some trouble.

Otherwise is going to be Zeke and a cloud of dust. Which can definitely win a lot of games. The truth is, if the OL stays healthy, our offense should be able to be as efficient as it was in 2016. Hopefully the defense can be better than 2016’s.
This won't work.

Zeke running left or Zeke running right is not an offensive strategy. Defenses won't just allow you to run at will for 16 games. Won't happen.

You need the threat of a passing game. You need to throw the ball successfully. If for no other reason than to move the safeties back and have LB's think you can throw behind them.

There has to be some unpredictability to offensive game-planning. If you do nothing except run Zeke left, run Zeke right, run Zeke up the middle for 16 games, the season is already lost.

Linehan has to find the weakness of the opposing defense and exploit it. If that means running it 40 times, then run it 40 times. If it means throwing it 40 times, then throw it 40 times. Do what must be done to win.

But starting every game with Zeke and a cloud of dust will win you nothing against a good defense. They aren't idiots. They know you will try to run the ball and react accordingly. Like Denver did last year.

Last edited: