1. I am excited to announce the launch of ...
    NEWS and RUMORS is a powerful and versatile news and content search engine and reader that provides access to content from a large variety of sites.

NEWS and RUMORS does not track individual users and uses a password-less login system so only an email address is required to login.

Once logged in, you can add your favorite content feeds and searches to your Favorites list, bookmark content you want to read later, and find a lot of global, national and local content on a variety of topics.

Dismiss Notice

Cowboys should have traded Ezekiel Elliott last year

Discussion in 'Fan Zone' started by timb2, Mar 29, 2020.

1. basel90

basel90 Well-Known Member

760 Messages
    962 Likes Received
    many in the media and fans. plus he and stephen kept saying they will not set the market price . and then all of a sudden they made him the highest paid RB.

2. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

5,127 Messages
    4,877 Likes Received
    Hate when I see this,, quit telling Cowboys fans to go find another team just because that faction of the fan base doesn't agree with the build model,, that's really radical.. Cowboys fans are born,, and sometimes with a brain.

Jarv and aria like this.
  3. ESisback

ESisback Well-Known Member

5,074 Messages
    5,102 Likes Received
    Yes, that particular act WAS stupid. Jerry’s “loyalty” (and ego) is his Achilles Heel. That said, “stupid” shouldn’t be the blanket assessment of the Cowboys’ FO.

JMO.

4. ESisback

5,074 Messages
    5,102 Likes Received
    Of course, and I’m not telling ANYONE what to do. JMO that too many Cowboy fans waste too much time and minimize their enjoyment by trying to validate their frustration. Also, to the contrary, Cowboy fans with brains often intelligently debate the team’s past mistakes AND future course of action.

Believe what you want, no problemo!

5. Typhus

Typhus Catching Catfish

5,127 Messages
    4,877 Likes Received
    si mi amigo!

ESisback likes this.
  6. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

12,238 Messages
    13,086 Likes Received
    Hopefully, no one in the fO listens to fans and the media ;)

7. Toruk_Makto

Toruk_Makto Well-Known Member

13,980 Messages
    17,125 Likes Received
    Get what you can and save yoruself the waste of cap space.

You don't throw good money (extension) after bad (drafting him 4th overall).

jay94 and Aerolithe_Lion like this.
  8. basel90

760 Messages
    962 Likes Received
    Am not sure what happened with zeke. Do you believe zeke played well enough last season ? did you notice the lack of burst ? or is it rust from cabo ? or is it simply the OL was not as stout and getting old. ?
    I say this becasue against good teams the running game stalled in many games and the offense resorted to desperate passing attempts with dak , which we know did not result in wins . The cowboys shifted their running identity mid season becasue at 1st downs they were getting 1-3 yards and not 7-10 yards and first downs. there is a reason they abandoned the run . The sad thing is the passing did not save the season despite having amari , gallup, cobb, , witten and jarwin.

9. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

9,584 Messages
    7,406 Likes Received
    While I hate paying him what they're paying him, you have got to have elite-level players around Dak for him to play at an average-to-good level... there's no way they could have justified letting Zeke go.

basel90 likes this.
  10. Streetwise

Streetwise Well-Known Member

12,238 Messages
    13,086 Likes Received
    Elliott played very well, the issue is it wasn't at an elite level like 2016. I'm not exact on why, but I did notice his legs weren't as jacked. We can all speculate as to why.
    I wouldn't have drafted him in the first place. But his production is still up there.

basel90 likes this.
  11. basel90

760 Messages
    962 Likes Received
    tend to agree , dak cannot carry the team , even with zeke and amari and the OL.
    but the overpayments are racking up ( zeke . Dlaw , jaylon and now dak ??

12. basel90

760 Messages
    962 Likes Received
    agree.

13. Pessimist_cowboy

Pessimist_cowboy Well-Known Member

9,676 Messages
    10,009 Likes Received
    Yeah I mean is that list suppose to impress me?

aria likes this.
  14. Section446

Section446 Well-Known Member

9,584 Messages
    7,406 Likes Received
    Unfortunately, we're at a point as a team where it's can they do enough to carry Dak.

basel90 likes this.
  15. dstew60105

dstew60105 Well-Known Member

2,302 Messages
    545 Likes Received
    Cowboys aren't crying for cap space

16. Tussinman

Tussinman Well-Known Member

1,422 Messages
    1,632 Likes Received
    Agreed. They had already given zeke artificial leverage which shows how poor the front office is. This is the difference in media between 2 strong front offices

Pete Carroll or Bellicheck: "no we don't do holdouts with 2 years left, our organization has no history of doing this and there will be no talks of a deal at this time, next question"

Stephen and Jerry answering same question: "zeke's out boy for life" "we already have the money allocated for him" "todd gurley is the starting point of the contract"

Love how those clowns a few months later go "uhhh why is he holding out" ? (him I wonder why he is ? :rolleyes::rolleyes:). They basically gave leverage to a player that had zero leverage

basel90 and aria like this.
  17. Batman1980

Batman1980 Well-Known Member

6,161 Messages
    9,102 Likes Received
    Well we spent a top 5 pick on the idiot and one assumes he would've gotten a huge contract. I don't know how the compensation works but I assume minimally we would've gotten a third. I'd take a 1-3 round draft pick and cap relief over the most over-rated RB in the league.

aria likes this.
  18. Whyjerry

Whyjerry Well-Known Member

7,095 Messages
    11,407 Likes Received
    That the Cowboys are one of the least accomplished teams in the NFL over the past 25 years is a fact not an opinion. Further, don’t say the flip stuff. Sports fans seldom can accomplish that. I would give up the league before I stopped being a Cowboys fan. Still I have to be realistic - it is real hard rooting for them.

aria likes this.
  19. ESisback

5,074 Messages
    5,102 Likes Received
    While they don’t have any Lombardi’s over the past 25 years (which frustrates most of us) the Cowboys are top 5 in regular season records, to go along with the top 5 in ratings and merchandise. I know, who cares, it’s not good enough, we have standards, yada yada yada. But it DOES elevate us overall against most teams.

We all want Super Bowl, and I choose to look forward.

20. ultron

ultron Well-Known Member

3,005 Messages
    5,392 Likes Received
    Find a new team then.

irving likes this.