Cowboys should look to buy low on Trey Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
So what you said about his salary was nonsense. Thanks for clarifying.
Would another team be willing to inherit Lance and that contract? Possibly, because that new team would only owe him a little over $6 million over two seasons (the 49ers have already paid off the prorated signing bonus portion of the contract — that’d go on their dead money tab).

Simple google search….

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Purdy is hurt just like Pollard is......smh
2nd, youd never sit a guy that has won 10 in a row, but you would a gy that took a mediocre team and as soon as he took over won 7 in a row?
Supposed to be Lance's time to shine and he BLEW IT. He never came close to looking as good as Purdy at any time since he became a niner.
Niners fans are pissed because Lance was a total waste. They gave up a lot to get him and he stinks.

Please do not try to tell me what Niners fans are thinking. Iive 90 minutes from their stadium... I dont need to read about them.

Lance being 3rd string has noting to do with how good or bad he is?? So what does it have to do with??? Please explain, im anxiously awaiting your answer.
Lance third string has nothing to do with how good or bad Purdy is….

Where did I say I would sit Purdy? The hell lol?

Plankton

Reaction score
Lance has a lot of physical ability - good size, strong arm, good mobility. His biggest issue is that he hasn't played enough football. He has started 23 games since he left high school, and at least two of those games he didn't finish due to injury. Trading for a guy like him to keep on the bench doesn't serve a purpose - he needs to go to the XFL or USFL and play. A lot.

kskboys

Reaction score
Lance has a lot of physical ability - good size, strong arm, good mobility. His biggest issue is that he hasn't played enough football. He has started 23 games since he left high school, and at least two of those games he didn't finish due to injury. Trading for a guy like him to keep on the bench doesn't serve a purpose - he needs to go to the XFL or USFL and play. A lot.
No, his biggest issue is that he's not an NFL QB.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Lance third string has nothing to do with how good or bad Purdy is….

Where did I say I would sit Purdy? The hell lol?
You said it here:
TheMarathonContinues said:
It’s not about how good or bad he played. At the end of the day he doesn’t have much football played at a high level. Maybe he’s the next Brady. I’m saying right now Trey Lance should be starting over Purdy and Darnold. Especially since Purdy is coming off a injury.

It spretty clear you said " Trey Lance should be starting over Purdy."

Did I confuse what you said???

kskboys

Reaction score
You said it here:
It’s not about how good or bad he played. At the end of the day he doesn’t have much football played at a high level. Maybe he’s the next Brady. I’m saying right now Trey Lance should be starting over Purdy and Darnold. Especially since Purdy is coming off a injury.

Whut?????

I swear, people just don't appear to understand football. Purdy played freakishly well last year. Only way Trey should start over him is if he beats him out. And at this point, Darnold is better than Lance. Put that in your pipe and smoke it: DARNOLD IS BETTER THAN LANCE. Ick.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Whut?????

I swear, people just don't appear to understand football. Purdy played freakishly well last year. Only way Trey should start over him is if he beats him out. And at this point, Darnold is better than Lance. Put that in your pipe and smoke it: DARNOLD IS BETTER THAN LANCE. Ick.
I hate to see it, because I hate the niners.... but Purdy played at a pro bowl level last year. That means they got a guy on a rookie deal to be their very good QB making peanuts.
on the flip side, they gave away a ton for Lance... so I guess it was essentially like having Lance hit, because they did get their guy.

Nobody is going to give the niners much for Lance. I bet they cant get anything more than a 3rd for him.

If I am the bucs, Seahawks... I might take a shot for him. What do they have to lose.

Some of these guys should start playing Fantasy Football... it would get them out of their Cowboys bubble.

kevm3

Reaction score
If they're trading this guy they invested a ton of resources in obtaining and haven't played much, there's some kind of serious issues there

I'd only make this trade for like a 5th rounder

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I have said this many times.......Shanahan is the Belichick of offense. I always thought he was right there with Andy Reid as the best offensive mind in the game but honestly, he may actually be better coz what he's done WITHOUT Maholmes at QB. Losing this kind of draft capital would set most teams back a few years min.

They already had a team built that could survive QB inconsistencies before drafting Lance. And they appear to have lucked in to Purdy. Brady-Style Luck unfortunately. We'll see how the young man's career pans out. Only obstacle for him is that injury last year but doesn't seem to have affected his play based on TC battles.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
If they're trading this guy they invested a ton of resources in obtaining and haven't played much, there's some kind of serious issues there

I'd only make this trade for like a 5th rounder
there is not serious issues..... they have a guy named Brock Purdy. He proved last season that he is NFL ready. Not just ready, but he excelled. They have no need for Lance, who has shown nothing. They would rather have Darnold who has already been a starter to back up Purdy in case of injury. If you are 9-2 and in the hunt and Purdy goes down for 2 weeks, you cant put Lance in who has basically no experience.

It is clear that the Niners have made a long term decision on Purdy... which dooms Lance with the niners.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
I hate to see it, because I hate the niners.... but Purdy played at a pro bowl level last year. That means they got a guy on a rookie deal to be their very good QB making peanuts.
on the flip side, they gave away a ton for Lance... so I guess it was essentially like having Lance hit, because they did get their guy.

Nobody is going to give the niners much for Lance. I bet they cant get anything more than a 3rd for him.

If I am the bucs, Seahawks... I might take a shot for him. What do they have to lose.

Some of these guys should start playing Fantasy Football... it would get them out of their Cowboys bubble.
Seattle got a good QB at a bargain. They're good for a few seasons. TB makes sense.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
I have said this many times.......Shanahan is the Belichick of offense. I always thought he was right there with Andy Reid as the best offensive mind in the game but honestly, he may actually be better coz what he's done WITHOUT Maholmes at QB. Losing this kind of draft capital would set most teams back a few years min.

yea.. hes like Billy Boy alright. .... only in that they both BLINDLY drafted someone they had zero expectations from and it turned out to be the golden goose.

Shanahan is so great that the Niners were 3-4 last year before Purdy took over. You think Shanahan got a hole of Purdy and in 5 months turned him into an all pro? How come Lance sucks? So the guy gets credit for the player that kicks butt, but he gets no blame for giving away tons of draft capital for a player that is a bust? What happened to the great shanahan magic? Why isnt Lance looking amazing????

He lost a ton of draft capital and it hasnt killed them ONLY because they LUCKED OUT with Purdy. If Purdy didnt hit, Shanahan would be getting fired next year along with Lynch for trading away so much for a garbage player.

Sometimes it is better to be lucky.... Billy Boy and Shanahan both prove that with their luck QB draft picks.

How great is Billy boy looking now?

tomokawan

Reaction score
there is not serious issues..... they have a guy named Brock Purdy. He proved last season that he is NFL ready. Not just ready, but he excelled. They have no need for Lance, who has shown nothing. They would rather have Darnold who has already been a starter to back up Purdy in case of injury. If you are 9-2 and in the hunt and Purdy goes down for 2 weeks, you cant put Lance in who has basically no experience.

It is clear that the Niners have made a long term decision on Purdy... which dooms Lance with the niners.
Just remember, Purdy could be a fluke. We have seen this numerous times in the NFL. I want to see him do it this year.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Just remember, Purdy could be a fluke. We have seen this numerous times in the NFL. I want to see him do it this year.
Name me some QBs that came out and won 8 straight games including 2 playoff wins and then never did anything again in their career... as rookies especially.
I actually watched his games... he played incredible. No fluke here.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
You said it here:

I’m saying if you trade 3 first rounders or whatever they traded for him he should be starting by now. Maybe you give him the pass for not starting year one but he surely should be ready to be more than a 3rd stringer. I never said he deserves to start.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Name me some QBs that came out and won 8 straight games including 2 playoff wins and then never did anything again in their career... as rookies especially.
I actually watched his games... he played incredible. No fluke here.
If you watched his games why are you giving him credit for 2 playoff wins?

Status
Not open for further replies.