Cowboys should look to buy low on Trey Lance

Status
Not open for further replies.

John813

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s cut status yet but for me personally I’m not trading for him or his contract. It’s not like the guys in front of him are great and all camp long they’ve been letting out his bad he’s been.

Oh I agree from a Dallas POV. No need to trade for Lance. Just see a team with no worthy QB on the roster seeing it worth a pick to see if they could strike some luck with Lance.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I love the idea and the thought process. Good teams would be strongly considering this type of opportunity. The issue is I have zero confidence that this front office would be capable of figuring out what he can do well, developing him, and implementing it onto a football field.

MyFairLady

Reaction score
I don’t think he’s cut status yet but for me personally I’m not trading for him or his contract.
Not sure what you are talking about. Isn't he due 1 million in base salary this year and next year? He is basically free in terms of salary. Dust off the 2016 playbook and train him up.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Not sure what you are talking about. Isn't he due 1 million in base salary this year and next year? He is basically free in terms of salary. Dust off the 2016 playbook and train him up.
You say you don’t know what I’m talking about and then ask me what his salary is lol….

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
I love the idea and the thought process. Good teams would be strongly considering this type of opportunity. The issue is I have zero confidence that this front office would be capable of figuring out what he can do well, developing him, and implementing it onto a football field.
49ers are a good team and need a QB and don’t seem to want him lol…..

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
I have said this many times.......Shanahan is the Belichick of offense. I always thought he was right there with Andy Reid as the best offensive mind in the game but honestly, he may actually be better coz what he's done WITHOUT Maholmes at QB. Losing this kind of draft capital would set most teams back a few years min.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Mike McCarthy was instrumental in Aaron Rodgers development. Why not take a swing if the price is low? The Cowboys need a contingency option if Dak fails to get it done this year with a stacked team.

I don’t think his price is going to be that low. The niners will want to get more than a Day 3 draft pick in return.

Flamma

Reaction score
Absolutely. Trey can learn from Dak and develop. Lance needed reps and development as a QB2 he could get that. Dallas will be looking for a QB in the draft next year, so why not get a former Top 5 pick and see what happens.
Because Trey Lance is not a pocket passer. He's an RPO QB that has quick reads in the passing game. Same as Justine Fields and Jalen Hurts. Hurts at least has the team around him and the gameplan to suit his skillset. The Bears suck and the 49ers never even tried to gameplan for Lance. They tried getting Lance to fit into their scheme. As far as I know the Cowboys have no intention of running an RPO offense anytime soon. So Lance would suck here too.

Bigdog

Reaction score
The Niners should only get a 7th rounder. Anything more than that is Highway robbery on their part

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
I'll never understand the obsession with mediocre 49er QBs.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
So the 49ers are looking at dumping a QB that they invested so much into and who could not beat out the last pick in the same draft and a refurbished qb.....and yet some are suggesting Dallas trade for him, as if the 49ers would even consider trading him to an NFC opponent.

Mr_437

Reaction score
Because Trey Lance is not a pocket passer. He's an RPO QB that has quick reads in the passing game. Same as Justine Fields and Jalen Hurts. Hurts at least has the team around him and the gameplan to suit his skillset. The Bears suck and the 49ers never even tried to gameplan for Lance. They tried getting Lance to fit into their scheme. As far as I know the Cowboys have no intention of running an RPO offense anytime soon. So Lance would suck here too.
I have to agree with you, love the analysis. Eagles should pick him up.

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Of course I didn’t. I’d never sit a guy who just went on a 10 game winning streak.

You’re batting hard for Purdy but you are not understanding what I’m saying. Lance should be starting based on how good he was suppose to be. Purdy is hurt last I read. This was suppose to be Lances time to shine and he’s third string. That has nothing to do with how good or bad he is.

Btw, 49ers fans are pissed for what it’s worth. More so about Darnold.
Purdy is hurt just like Pollard is......smh
2nd, youd never sit a guy that has won 10 in a row, but you would a gy that took a mediocre team and as soon as he took over won 7 in a row?
Supposed to be Lance's time to shine and he BLEW IT. He never came close to looking as good as Purdy at any time since he became a niner.
Niners fans are pissed because Lance was a total waste. They gave up a lot to get him and he stinks.

Please do not try to tell me what Niners fans are thinking. Iive 90 minutes from their stadium... I dont need to read about them.

Lance being 3rd string has noting to do with how good or bad he is?? So what does it have to do with??? Please explain, im anxiously awaiting your answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.