Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Chuma Edoga

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Chuma was literally a revolving door at LT. I’d rather see him as a backup G. What are these guys doing?? If you need to test a swing tackle, at least give Asim Richards a chance man.
I am happy with what we saw from Asim, and it's possible that he could end up being the starting LT with Tyler staying at LG. Plus, he might not be able to make the switch to RT to be the swing tackle if he's a backup. I'm not a fan of bringing back Edoga (as opposed to signing a better FA), but I thought he looked decent at guard and he's not terrible at RT. If Tyler starts at LT, I'm hopeful that Richards would get first dibs at stepping in if Tyler were sidelined.

I don't mind this move from the standpoint that either Bass is going to be the LG starter, meaning would we rather have Edoga as the backup there or Richards (who I didn't think looked that good at guard), or Richards might be the LT starter, meaning our backup options would be Edoga or Waletzko, who looked bad at RT.

Until we know who Dallas drafts, though, the point is kind of moot. We get a starting-quality tackle or center and it may change who we end up keeping.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
There is no guarantee that he makes the team. He provides depth and competion in camp. They very well could draft an olineman high in the draft and have options with Tyler Smith.
They are drafting an OL high, you can bank on that.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

: #Ravens star RB Derrick Henry says signing with the #Cowboys would’ve been the “perfect situation” but they never reached out to him, he told @thepivot

“They ain't holla at me at all. It would've been crazy. I thought it'd been some type of reach out, some type of talks or whatever. They never reached out, you know what I'm saying? I don't really know too much about their organization. All I know is what I hear. I was talking to my agent. They weren't really interested. It is what it is. Like I said earlier, I'm gonna be where I'm gonna be, and I feel like Baltimore was the perfect spot.”

-

I'd love to know what he hears about the organization.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score

: #Ravens star RB Derrick Henry says signing with the #Cowboys would’ve been the “perfect situation” but they never reached out to him, he told @thepivot

“They ain't holla at me at all. It would've been crazy. I thought it'd been some type of reach out, some type of talks or whatever. They never reached out, you know what I'm saying? I don't really know too much about their organization. All I know is what I hear. I was talking to my agent. They weren't really interested. It is what it is. Like I said earlier, I'm gonna be where I'm gonna be, and I feel like Baltimore was the perfect spot.”

-

I'd love to know what he hears about the organization.

We believe in Uncle Rico.

SFloridaCowboy

Reaction score
I paid big bucks for 50 yardline seats for the Christmas Eve game against the Dolphins and Erdoga's was terrible all game long, leading to constant pressure on Dak, limiting the Cowboys' offense. He is not a quality left tackle.

Typhus

Captain Catfish
Reaction score
I paid big bucks for 50 yardline seats for the Christmas Eve game against the Dolphins and Erdoga's was terrible all game long, leading to constant pressure on Dak, limiting the Cowboys' offense. He is not a quality left tackle.
The Big Boys need consistent reps to get better, and nobody is penciling in Edoga as anymore than depth signing at this point.

McMicah

Reaction score
I am happy with what we saw from Asim, and it's possible that he could end up being the starting LT with Tyler staying at LG. Plus, he might not be able to make the switch to RT to be the swing tackle if he's a backup. I'm not a fan of bringing back Edoga (as opposed to signing a better FA), but I thought he looked decent at guard and he's not terrible at RT. If Tyler starts at LT, I'm hopeful that Richards would get first dibs at stepping in if Tyler were sidelined.

I don't mind this move from the standpoint that either Bass is going to be the LG starter, meaning would we rather have Edoga as the backup there or Richards (who I didn't think looked that good at guard), or Richards might be the LT starter, meaning our backup options would be Edoga or Waletzko, who looked bad at RT.

Until we know who Dallas drafts, though, the point is kind of moot. We get a starting-quality tackle or center and it may change who we end up keeping.
I thought Asim did really well in preseason and people forget games 1 & 2 he was playing LT against starting defensive ends and did great

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I thought Asim did really well in preseason and people forget games 1 & 2 he was playing LT against starting defensive ends and did great
The hard part is knowing if it will continue. The more a player is out there, the more the other side of the ball figures out his weaknesses and attacks them. The players who survive that are the ones who can adjust to cover their weaknesses.

I think Asim's is going to be inside power counters. Most of the defenders he faced tried to beat him with speed to the outside, and he handled that really well. I only saw a couple of strong inside moves against him. He held up to them but it looked like a better player might could have beaten him on them.

charron

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He's great. As long as he doesn't see the field they will be ok.

plasticman

Reaction score
The epitome of a warm body.

"We signed him because he was hanging around here anyway. Might as well put him to work."

I get the idea of continuity and consistency, particularly in the offensive line. However, I expected the minimum requirement of, at least, some measurable level of talent.

And yet, we know he's going to start on opening day by replacing one of the three offensive line starters out with some B.S. leg sprain.