Practice Squad Cowboys sign Dalvin Cook

conner01

Reaction score
Exactly. We couldn't count on Dowdle as a primary and Deuce as the only back up. Injury prone and tiny don't provide security. Both can be good backs, but I don't want to rely on either.
Honestly I’d take cook over Zeke. Zeke’s been done for a couple years. Cooks only bad year was last year and he didn’t have hardly any carries and bounced between two teams. The chances of him bouncing back is much high than Zeke bouncing back I think

Reactions: CWR

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
He avg 4.4 per carry in 2022 but was off last year though he didn’t play hardly any either
He did get 67 carries last season but only averaged 3.2. He’ll be kept fresh on the practice squad and at some point during the season one of our backs is bound to get dinged or isn’t performing and they’ll bring him up.

CWR

Reaction score
Honestly I’d take cook over Zeke. Zeke’s been done for a couple years. Cooks only bad year was last year and he didn’t have hardly any carries and bounced between two teams. The chances of him bouncing back is much high than Zeke bouncing back I think
You're probably right. Although Zeke always starts off fairly tough. I think once he's starts getting beaten and bludgeoned he doesn't have enough speed to overcome it.

It honestly still suprises me to see these back go downhill so quickly. They used to last so much longer. I guess it's why I don't completely close the door on seeing them improve, which is a fools errand.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
No question but what the team had to economize with the Cook signing, due to the contracts that are due with Lamb and Dak. A team can only spend so much money when it's high time to economize. That's better than doing nothing, for certain. Not ideal, but added insurance, at least. If one goes down with injury, there'll be another to take up the slack. It's just a "tough row to hoe." When too many stars want their due, ya gotta be practical.

Last edited:

zerofill

Reaction score
I am more interested in seeing if Chubb can still run in Cleveland lol. I never expected to see him playing again.

Maybe all our running backs are alternating downs lol.