Practice Squad Cowboys sign Dalvin Cook

Arkyvarminter

Reaction score
I think Deuce will be a good player if they would just stick with him. He's young and full of energy...give him the ball Mcarthy. I know he's short but he's wide...

sacase

Reaction score
I like this. We know Dowdle won't make it through the season and if Zeke gers hurt that leaves Duece as RB1. This gives us much needed insurance cause Duece as RB1 or 2 is guaranteed losses.

CWR

Reaction score
I like this. We know Dowdle won't make it through the season and if Zeke gers hurt that leaves Duece as RB1. This gives us much needed insurance cause Duece as RB1 or 2 is guaranteed losses.
Exactly. We couldn't count on Dowdle as a primary and Deuce as the only back up. Injury prone and tiny don't provide security. Both can be good backs, but I don't want to rely on either.

glimmerman

Reaction score
Good signing IMO. He is a second hammer early in the game. Elliot will stay fresh longer. Yes they are both pushing 30 but they both are physical RBs. If we want a physical running game we have some new monsters up front that will help and 3 larger RBS with Elliot, Cooks, and Luepke. Beat teams defensive line down in the first half and start ripping off some longer runs in the second half. Opens up play action. Cooks I think is 5 foot 10 and 210-215 pounds, Elliot 6 foot and close to 230 and Luekpe 6 foot 1 and close to 240. Noce hammers.

CCBoy

Reaction score
Mine did....especially when I take a laxative....
Keep training and with professionals it gets better.

According to NFL Network's Tom Pelissero, Cook's representation, LAA, announced Wednesday that he signed with the Cowboys. ESPN's Todd Archer added that Cook will begin on Dallas' practice squad rather than the active roster.
With the Cowboys having already cut their roster down to 53 players, their current running back depth chart is as follows:
  1. Ezekiel Elliott
  2. Rico Dowdle
  3. Deuce Vaughn
  4. Dalvin Cook

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
Good signing IMO. He is a second hammer early in the game. Elliot will stay fresh longer. Yes they are both pushing 30 but they both are physical RBs. If we want a physical running game we have some new monsters up front that will help and 3 larger RBS with Elliot, Cooks, and Luepke. Beat teams defensive line down in the first half and start ripping off some longer runs in the second half. Opens up play action. Cooks I think is 5 foot 10 and 210-215 pounds, Elliot 6 foot and close to 230 and Luekpe 6 foot 1 and close to 240. Noce hammers.
if only, the 1-3 yard runs by Zeke will cause Dak to pass the ball 50 times

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
It is just bottom of the roster churning, despite Cook being a name everyone knows. All teams do it… hell, Jimmy Johnson did it all season long. So, I get it and don’t see a problem with it.

However, Cook looked very average last year, and wasn’t high on my own personal list of guys I’d like to see the team bring in. I like to see younger than him with RB’s because they tend to age quickly.

Oh well, if he sticks, he’ll just be a small part of the RB room and will provide NFL experience in a position group that doesn’t have much. I’m sure Zimmer vouched for Cook and I don’t doubt that he’s a pro’s pro. Adding a guy like that never hurts. It may not help either, but the professionalism is always nice to bring in to a young team.

Like I said, just churning the #52nd or 53rd roster spot isn’t a bad thing.

CCBoy

Reaction score
It is just bottom of the roster churning, despite Cook being a name everyone knows. All teams do it… hell, Jimmy Johnson did it all season long. So, I get it and don’t see a problem with it.

However, Cook looked very average last year, and wasn’t high on my own personal list of guys I’d like to see the team bring in. I like to see younger than him with RB’s because they tend to age quickly.

Oh well, if he sticks, he’ll just be a small part of the RB room and will provide NFL experience in a position group that doesn’t have much. I’m sure Zimmer vouched for Cook and I don’t doubt that he’s a pro’s pro. Adding a guy like that never hurts. It may not help either, but the professionalism is always nice to bring in to a young team.

Like I said, just churning the #52nd or 53rd roster spot isn’t a bad thing.
Relevenancy that isn't part of popularity contests are facts of strong productions as lead runners and these facts:

Zeke Elliott 2016-2024 8 years in NFL - this season.
Dalvin Cook 2017-2024 7 years in NFL - this season.

That and Dallas got over the high price barrier attached in the NFL top producer later years still in production.

Hall of Famers had many more relevant total years and totals both.