Practice Squad Cowboys sign Dalvin Cook

Reid1boys

Reaction score
Remember last year when all you couch GMs were blasting our front office for not going out and signing Mason Crosby? Cmon, admit it... you were one of them. Well how did the kicker end up doing>????

Chuck 54

Reaction score
I don’t see any serious complaints about Cook. That gives you two veterans and 3 young guys with little experience. If he doesn’t look really good on the PS, we can dump him for someone else at any moment. If he looks good or someone gets hurt or sick, we can bring him up for any 3 games during the season. This is no risk at all.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
cook will be on PS till they see what the current lineup does in 1st few games.
That is my guess.
Yep.. That and he's probably going to need some time to get into football shape and learn the offense. I still probably would have preferred to keep Freeman but I'm cool with a kick the tires experiment on Cook. Still has amazing top end speed just no longer able to go 0 to 60 in 3 seconds.

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I think they signed Cook in the event we suffer an injury or we need to shake up things at RB. One of the backs might not be performing and they could bring Cook up. He does provide some insurance at the position.

RonnieT24

Reaction score
I think they signed Cook in the event we suffer an injury or we need to shake up things at RB. One of the backs might not be performing and they could bring Cook up. He does provide some insurance at the position.
Yep the same people who told us for years that "you don't need a bell cow running back" and "you don't pay a running back" are now whining that we don't have a superstar that is to their liking. Some people aint happy unless they're miserable.

conner01

Reaction score
Dalvin Cook has really fallen off the past couple of years being relegated to the practice squad. I guess it will come down to how well Deuce performs as to when we might see Cook. Deuce is going to have to make some plays in the running game this season.
He avg 4.4 per carry in 2022 but was off last year though he didn’t play hardly any either