Signed by Cowboys Cowboys Sign DL Brent Urban

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
So if we have him out on the field, does the other team instantly know that we are trying to defend a run?

He's likely a 2 down player if we put him at 1T. In Quinss scheme we really need a DT that can take on double teams and freeup you 3T to pass rush.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I like the Urban signing. In Quinn's defense he needs a 4Tech, and Urban is a great option at that spot. Finally, a run stopper. Now go get a NT to anchor this DL, and then we working with something.

Exactly, we finally have a 3T/4T run stopping DT. What we need now is a 1T and maybe one more DE in the draft. Get those, and I think our dline will be fixed. At least for this season.

Rayman70

Reaction score
the long snapper is the only guy we signed likely to be here after camp is over...oh and Goodwin. He is ok. Glad we kept him.

Last edited:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
why do we sign all these great players to only one year deals?

In this case, it's because the cap is down this year. Once the cap explodes next year with the new TV deals, the players are going to try to cash in. In the meantime, we should sit back and enjoy the show. If what I saw from Urban in Chicago is any indication, I think we'll be very pleased with this signing.

CowboyChris

Reaction score
In this case, it's because the cap is down this year. Once the cap explodes next year with the new TV deals, the players are going to try to cash in. In the meantime, we should sit back and enjoy the show. If what I saw from Urban in Chicago is any indication, I think we'll be very pleased with this signing.
exactly my point, why not lock up all this talent now, when the going is so cheap?

Rayman70

Reaction score
Urban rated 85.3 against the run. I can’t imagine the last time we had an interior lineman with that score. I will assume it was Ratliff or Hatcher
yes..thats good..but hes been banged up. Is he healthy and can he stay that way?

Carson

Reaction score
That sounds about right. He looked stout against the run. Get a run stopping 1T and a better LB or two, and I think we will have a much better run D.
I can live with him not rushing the passer well. I much rather clog the run lanes and not allow the Qb to step up into an empty pocket every pass

Rayman70

Reaction score
I think Jerry is waiting for the TV deal next year in order to sign a couple bigger names. No way he signs anyone of note this year unless its a 1 year deal.

plasticman

Reaction score
The warm body strategy. Both Watkins and Urban were 4th round picks and career backups, you never know, sometimes a player finds the right situation.