Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign Jayron Kearse

king987

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with others. This feels like a ST signing, but who knows with this team and its bargain bin signings.

I hope this doesn't mean they won't sign Hooker or Kazee. At the very least, look at safety early in the draft (which never happens).

Reactions: CWR

Carson

Reaction score
Safety depth and ST player Kearse is, yes?

So is Reggie Robinson now something completely different or just a flat-out waste of a 4th round pick?
That makes him what ...

- Rookie / FA
- Diggs
- Lewis
- Brown
- Canady
- Goodwin

5th or 6th string

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Hooker and Kazee are both long shots to ever be worth a crap again. If they do sign one of them, safety still isn’t fixed. That is something we as fans need to understand.

For that matter, DT isn't fixed and CB isn't fixed. Linebacker might be, but it depends on how much Neal plays there and if Smith and LVE refind themselves.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
You would think they would remember Woody and the difference he made all over the field.
Unbelievable, right?

To be fair though, Woody was actually our Strong Safety, because Woodson had the run-stopping skills of a strong safety, but he also had the pass-coverage ability of a free safety due to his speed (4.38 40 yd dash), hands and coverage abilities. His ability to cover slot receivers was what set him apart from any other Strong Safety and most other Free Safeties.

I wish we could find another Darren Woodson hybrid who could do it all in the Defensive Backfield.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm with others. This feels like a ST signing, but who knows with this team and its bargain bin signings.

I hope this doesn't mean they won't sign Hooker or Kazee. At the very least, look at safety early in the draft (which never happens).

A special teams signing, Darian Thompson, ended up starting part of last season for us at safety.

gimmesix

Reaction score
I like how the Joneses dangled both Hooker and Kazee out there to draw us in for several days then at the last minute threw in the Kearse visit. Then, they signed Kearse. That Jerry, he's such a joker.

Kingofholland

Reaction score
I can't imagine they would bring in so many safeties if they didn't think they would sign multiple. Good to see Kearse here for depth and special teams, but not the safety solution. If they have Wilson playing FS and Neal playing SS it's hard to invision why they would think they're done.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
Well if he is a good ST player, this is a good sign, and he is also depth for safety or cb.
I imagine he is cheap, and wont hurt to give him a try.
Key now is how and what jones boys draft.

It is pointless to critique now, wait till after the draft, then we can blast them or cheer lol.
Like I keep saying , the first 3 picks, will tell the story.

CWR

Reaction score
Smh really? Happy to have him, but please don't tell me we let both Hooker and Kazee walk for this guy.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Pretty simple math here.
He was clearly the cheapest of the 3

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I can't imagine they would bring in so many safeties if they didn't think they would sign multiple. Good to see Kearse here for depth and special teams, but not the safety solution. If they have Wilson playing FS and Neal playing SS it's hard to invision why they would think they're done.
it's hard to invision why they would think they're done.......Jones boys dont think like we do lol.:D They live in a totally different reality. and it shows.