Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign LB Damien Wilson

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The fans here don't like SB champions coming back to the Cowboys.
Many fans here do not like anything.

There are not a lot of choices out there, but yet they complain about every player signed.
As well, they will not tell us who they should have signed, and why they are a better choice than who they do sign.

I like this move, he is a vet player, and can teach some of the younger players things as well as the coaches.

boysfanindc

Reaction score

There are not a lot of choices out there, but yet they complain about every player signed.
As well, they will not tell us who they should have signed, and why they are a better choice than who they do sign.

I like this move, he is a vet player, and can teach some of the younger players things as well as the coaches.
I hope D. Wilson is not teaching the coaches things.

Gambit

Reaction score
Does he make more of an impact than Payton Wilson? Or the 2 RBs?

Does signing Wilson a day after the draft ends push him down the depth chart?
That was not the question.

I don't know why basic communication is so poor on this board.

Wilson clearly was off our board due to injury and medical concerns. Whether that was the right decision or not, I don't know, I wasn't privy to all the medicals. I do know Broadus said the medicals were bad. So Dallas actually stayed away from that concern for once and people are upset they did.

And as far as RB goes, the team said they didn't want to risk losing the player, so to them, he was more important than any RB on the board.

I am guessing you mean Damien Wilson? I'm not sure what his signing has to do with drafting a LB.

He is a veteran camp body as of right now. That is it. Doesn't push anyone anywhere on depth chart, we've not even had rookie camp or OTAs yet.

Beaker42

Reaction score
What’s Anthony Spencer up to? Maybe Marcus Spears is tired of being a commentator??

MikeT22

Reaction score
And as far as RB goes, the team said they didn't want to risk losing the player, so to them, he was more important than any RB on the board.
They also didn’t want to move down 5 spots last year because they didn’t want to risk losing out on Mazi.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That was not the question.

I don't know why basic communication is so poor on this board.

Wilson clearly was off our board due to injury and medical concerns. Whether that was the right decision or not, I don't know, I wasn't privy to all the medicals. I do know Broadus said the medicals were bad. So Dallas actually stayed away from that concern for once and people are upset they did.

I am guessing you mean Damien Wilson? I'm not sure what his signing has to do with drafting a LB.

He is a veteran camp body as of right now. That is it. Doesn't push anyone anywhere on depth chart, we've not even had rookie camp or OTAs yet.
Ahhh. Want to attack my communication?

Here’s a question for you.

You keep bringing up the team and their evaluations.

This is the same team that drafted kelvin Joseph.

That’s one example. So we’re to trust their football intelligence with 29 years to prove that half of us on the board could do better?

Interesting take.

Gambit

Reaction score

That’s one example. So we’re to trust their football intelligence with 29 years to prove that half of us on the board could do better?

Interesting take.
Wasn't attacking was pointing out you failed to answer the question and btw still have. Then I wondered why on this board communication is so poor.

You validated that wondering, thank you.

You want to play the game of this pick vs that pick and good and bad decisions have at it bro, I won't play along because it's pointless.

Every team has hits and misses every year. I'm merely explaining to you the reasins given by team.

I notice neither of are highly successful NFL GMs or even moderate ones or heck GMs at all.

But when one can't even answers question based on a truth claim they've made, then yes, it highlights ones inability to communicate well.

Good day to you, you clearly do not want discussion you just want to feel important.

MikeT22

Reaction score

Interesting take.
Exactly. Of course the team thought their pick was a good move or else they wouldn’t have made it. lol

DuncanIso

Reaction score
Solid player.

Worked off his suspension.

Time to get back to work.

#Grind

phildadon86

Reaction score
Wasn't attacking was pointing out you failed to answer the question and btw still have. Then I wondered why on this board communication is so poor.

You validated that wondering, thank you.

You want to play the game of this pick vs that pick and good and bad decisions have at it bro, I won't play along because it's pointless.

Every team has hits and misses every year. I'm merely explaining to you the reasins given by team.

I notice neither of are highly successful NFL GMs or even moderate ones or heck GMs at all.

But when one can't even answers question based on a truth claim they've made, then yes, it highlights ones inability to communicate well.

Good day to you, you clearly do not want discussion you just want to feel important.
Its not about importance. Its about the facts.

News flash. The GM of this team. Isnt highly successful either. At least not since 1995 when the team the coach he fired had most of his draft picks there.

I dont care about the claims this FO has made. They also seem to think they are close to a SB with their "around the rim" comments.

The highly successful GM you are describing isnt in Dallas. The person you are referring to didnt even know where his team was regarding the freaking salary cap at the senior bowl when he made his "all-in" claim.

Stop being condescending.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Who said he'd be available at 174?
I'd love to see that source, of course it doesn't exist so we shan't be seeing it.

And he wasn't a reach. He will surprise a lot of people. He's a baller and future green dot guy.
Since you are not a highly qualified GM. You shouldnt be making claims like. He wasnt a reach.

To answer your question. Who knows if he would have been there.

I can tell you. He isnt better than Kendricks who is on the roster. Those 2 RBs are better than any RB we currently have on the roster. Thats a fact.

Sydla

Reaction score

He's a JAG at a position of need.

The Cowboys did the bare minimum this offseason. That was their offseason after coming off a NFCE title season.

They decided to do the bare minimum. The reason why many fans don't like anything they do is because most of the stuff they do is silly and stupid and mindless. There's a reason they haven't sniffed a conference title game in 25+ years and it has nothing to do with bad luck or karma. It has to do with the fact the guys in charge can't consistently make smart moves to put us over the top.

Gambit

Reaction score
Since you are not a highly qualified GM. You shouldnt be making claims like. He wasnt a reach.

To answer your question. Who knows if he would have been there.

I can tell you. He isnt better than Kendricks who is on the roster. Those 2 RBs are better than any RB we currently have on the roster. Thats a fact.
So, are you saying every draft pick must be better than a player who plays a similar position (SAM VS MIKE) AND better than any other player that wasn't drafted in that spot?

Is this your contention?

And okay, it's possible they may be, but again the reason they drafted the LB has been explained by the team.

This team like others btw, simply are not valuing RB the same way right now. Will it change? Sure it's the ebb and flow of the NFL. The position has simply been devalued by many clubs.

LB was a huge weakness and need we came out with a darn good prospect.

The team chose to prioritize that over RB. But they did focus on improving OL which in itself can lead to better RB productivity.

Gambit

Reaction score
Its not about importance. Its about the facts.

News flash. The GM of this team. Isnt highly successful either. At least not since 1995 when the team the coach he fired had most of his draft picks there.

I dont care about the claims this FO has made. They also seem to think they are close to a SB with their "around the rim" comments.

The highly successful GM you are describing isnt in Dallas. The person you are referring to didnt even know where his team was regarding the freaking salary cap at the senior bowl when he made his "all-in" claim.

Stop being condescending.
But you've mentioned very few facts.

You up until now refused to answer a question to your truth claim, choosing to instead defer to something else. Even in this response I mentioned a highly successful, a moderate, and just a GM in general, as a reference to you and I btw, and yet you focus on the highly successful part only in an attempt to bash me.

You lack the basic ability to communicate here, and call me condescending for trying to communicate.

Who defined what highly successful for a GM is?

That's a question btw, an answer would be appreciated.

phildadon86

Reaction score
But you've mentioned very few facts.

You up until now refused to answer a question to your truth claim, choosing to instead defer to something else. Even in this response I mentioned a highly successful, a moderate, and just a GM in general, as a reference to you and I btw, and yet you focus on the highly successful part only in an attempt to bash me.

You lack the basic ability to communicate here, and call me condescending for trying to communicate.

Who defined what highly successful for a GM is?

That's a question btw, an answer would be appreciated.
Highly successfull GM=Someone without lifetime job security, who is constantly trying to get better utilizing every facet of player aquisition. Not just one. Someone who doesnt wait for other teams to set the market to pay their own guys who they draft in a draft only strategy. And a minor one. Knowing the cap space available before blathering on like a moron at the senior bowl about being "all-in".Also someone who can put a team on the field that has made a NFCCG in the last 10 years. Oh. And someone who doesnt tell the players they can go over the coaches head and come speak directly to them.

You didnt define it. You made it seem like you or I couldnt do a better job. Maybe we couldnt. But at least we wouldnt have lifetime job security and would need to produce results to keep our jobs.

Gambit

Reaction score
Highly successfull GM=Someone without lifetime job security, who is constantly trying to get better utilizing every facet of player aquisition. Not just one. Someone who doesnt wait for other teams to set the market to pay their own guys who they draft in a draft only strategy. And a minor one. Knowing the cap space available before blathering on like a moron at the senior bowl about being "all-in".Also someone who can put a team on the field that has made a NFCCG in the last 10 years. Oh. And someone who doesnt tell the players they can go over the coaches head and come speak directly to them.

You didnt define it. You made it seem like you or I couldnt do a better job. Maybe we couldnt. But at least we wouldnt have lifetime job security and would need to produce results to keep our jobs.
But who gave that definition, where else can I read this definition?

No I didn't define I asked you to. I thought that was clear.

Whyjerry

Reaction score
But who gave that definition, where else can I read this definition?

No I didn't define I asked you to. I thought that was clear.
Part satire. Very realistic though. I think it comes from the encyclopedia of common sense.

Gambit

Reaction score

Actually I never asked you to define what a successful NFL GM is I asked WHO defines what a successful NFL GM is?

The owner? The fans?