Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign LB Damien Wilson

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Many fans here do not like anything.

There are not a lot of choices out there, but yet they complain about every player signed.
As well, they will not tell us who they should have signed, and why they are a better choice than who they do sign.

I like this move, he is a vet player, and can teach some of the younger players things as well as the coaches.
Nailed it, JC!
:hammer: :bow::thumbup:

phildadon86

Reaction score
But who gave that definition, where else can I read this definition?

No I didn't define I asked you to. I thought that was clear.
That is the definition I have in my mind. Being in business and sales where your position directly reflects your results. Thats where my definition comes from.

phildadon86

Reaction score
Actually I never asked you to define what a successful NFL GM is I asked WHO defines what a successful NFL GM is?

The owner? The fans?
Usually the owner.

Unfortunately. Our Owner is also the GM. So his idea of a successful GM is very different than 31 other teams.

Gambit

Reaction score
Usually the owner.

Unfortunately. Our Owner is also the GM. So his idea of a successful GM is very different than 31 other teams.
Okay so the owner. I can agree with that.

Had you said fan I may not have argued as I can see an argument for that, but in general yes the main financial responsibility would define success.

And yes, each owner is going to have a different vision and definition of what successful highly successful and just kinda meh or just down right horrible.

That being said, it became clear toe a long time ago that the Forbes list is what Jerry is using to define success, maybe not that specifically but the overall financial success outweighs the Superbowl success.

Once I realized this it makes life so much easier as a fan to know that they won't operate the same way others may.

Gambit

Reaction score
That is the definition I have in my mind. Being in business and sales where your position directly reflects your results. Thats where my definition comes from.
That's a fair response, however the definition you gave seems to be a bit arbitrary and more fan focused than business focused. For example,

Also someone who can put a team on the field that has made a NFCCG in the last 10 years

Why 10 years why not 4 or 7?

I think the all in comments were more trying to hype people up more than based off of ignorance of cap situation.

They were dumb and they sucked me in too. The way the team approached this off-season was so bizarre to me and as much as I love the draft it pulled me from much desire to continue studying players.

But I think this change is more about regaining some sort of financial control over the cap.in next few years and not just them being stupid.

I say that to say, it could very well be the reason they did not want to invest in a RB in upper rounds of draft. And later rounds no one was a sure fire better player than what we have.

phildadon86

Reaction score
That's a fair response, however the definition you gave seems to be a bit arbitrary and more fan focused than business focused. For example,

Also someone who can put a team on the field that has made a NFCCG in the last 10 years

Why 10 years why not 4 or 7?

I think the all in comments were more trying to hype people up more than based off of ignorance of cap situation.

They were dumb and they sucked me in too. The way the team approached this off-season was so bizarre to me and as much as I love the draft it pulled me from much desire to continue studying players.

But I think this change is more about regaining some sort of financial control over the cap.in next few years and not just them being stupid.

I say that to say, it could very well be the reason they did not want to invest in a RB in upper rounds of draft. And later rounds no one was a sure fire better player than what we have.
Jerry actually said in the pre draft conference he didnt know where they were cap wise when he made the "all-in" comment. LOL.

Let that sink in.

MikeT22

Reaction score
LB was a huge weakness and need we came out with a darn good prospect.

The team chose to prioritize that over RB. But they did focus on improving OL which in itself can lead to better RB productivity.
Yeah a LB prospect in the 3rd who was a consensus 5th-6th rounder.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Now we know

Had Jerry drafted him with this knowledge he would be crucified.

Heck still is for actually showing restraint and not drafting him
I think most preferred a RB or at least someone projected in the 3rd round over a consensus 5th-6th round prospect.

Chasing6

Reaction score
Told ya they would bring in another LB. Bring back all the past Cowboys I guess is the plan.

Career history
Dallas Cowboys (2015–2018)
Kansas City Chiefs (2019–2020)
Jacksonville Jaguars (2021)
Carolina Panthers (2022)
I will feel better when they bring in some DT's.

Gambit

Reaction score
Yeah a LB prospect in the 3rd who was a consensus 5th-6th rounder.
Again, we had no 4th. They liked this LB, didn't think he'd be there 80 some odd picks later.

You can complain about draft position vs consensus all you want, doesn't change the fact he was a a good player and is a Dallas Cowboys.

Myself, and several others will spend our energy rooting for him.

Gambit

Reaction score
I think most preferred a RB or at least someone projected in the 3rd round over a consensus 5th-6th round prospect.
Keep whining about position drafted vs some consensus.

It reveals a lot of information.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Again, we had no 4th. They liked this LB, didn't think he'd be there 80 some odd picks later.

You can complain about draft position vs consensus all you want, doesn't change the fact he was a a good player and is a Dallas Cowboys.

Myself, and several others will spend our energy rooting for him.
Yes, all of our picks are always good and we must defend their selection.