Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign S Damontae Kazee

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
How so? Ha Ha with the Bears graded out well. He was a starter before he got to Dallas. This is the same point in Kazee's career that Ha Ha was at last year. Ha Ha is out of the league now but the Cowboys signed him thinking he was a legit starter.
HaHa signed with the Bears on a prove it deal for 3 mil and when the season was over, they opted to let him walk; which brought him here on yet another 1 year prove it deal. Kazee is coming off an injury, yes, but no one is questioning whether he can contribute.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Kazee gets turnovers and should be a very solid FS if healthy. Not a Pro Bowler, but he is much better than any safety this team has had since Hamlin or Sensabaugh.
Consider this regarding the secondary as a whole; Wilson had five turnovers last year, Kazee averages six turnovers a year when healthy, before last year Neal had a knack for causing fumbles, and Diggs has legitimate ball skills and had four turnovers himself last year.
If the past carries over to 2021, it could be good.
It's ok to be cautiously optimistic.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm greedy, I want as many ball hawks that we can field. Defensive Turnovers are huge for a good offensive team. Wilson/Diggs have shown they can create turnovers, Kazee is a ball magnet, add another ball hawk to the group and we should turn a weakness into a strength.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
I'm greedy, I want as many ball hawks that we can field. Defensive Turnovers are huge for a good offensive team. Wilson/Diggs have shown they can create turnovers, Kazee is a ball magnet, add another ball hawk to the group and we should turn a weakness into a strength.
I'm with you. Ballhawks in the secondary that have a knack for finding the ball. INTs, forcing fumbles/fumble recoveries, ect.
That's also a reason I didn't mind the Neal signing even though some think it cancels out Donovan Wilson...
I would like to add some juice to the defensive line at some point to help these back end guys out, as well.
I wish this draft wasn't so bad in the pass rush department, lol!
What are your thoughts on a guy like Surtain at ten? Just curious.

Cowboyny

Reaction score
I'm with you. Ballhawks in the secondary that have a knack for finding the ball. INTs, forcing fumbles/fumble recoveries, ect.
That's also a reason I didn't mind the Neal signing even though some think it cancels out Donovan Wilson...
I would like to add some juice to the defensive line at some point to help these back end guys out, as well.
I wish this draft wasn't so bad in the pass rush department, lol!
What are your thoughts on a guy like Surtain at ten? Just curious.
I like Farley more then Surtain, due to his ball skills, but now that looks to be off the table, am fine with Surtain at 10. Really would like to pair him up with Grant, but that might be wishful thinking.

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
Says the 'adult' that constantly calls those he disagrees with haters and trolls. Okay Captain Butt Cushion.
No only the people who constantly whine about everything with their pantries all bunched up like yourself. All you do is cry about anything the Cowboys do.

USArmyVet

Reaction score
No only the people who constantly whine about everything with their pantries all bunched up like yourself. All you do is cry about anything the Cowboys do.

What does a closet used for storing items have to do with anything? I presume you know the difference between pantries and panties.

kskboys

Reaction score
Kazee is a very solid player who understands the game. He's a football player, something we've been sorely lacking at way too many positions on D. Prolly has to do w/ Jerry valuing only athleticism and not understanding much else.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Kazee is a very solid player who understands the game. He's a football player, something we've been sorely lacking at way too many positions on D. Prolly has to do w/ Jerry valuing only athleticism and not understanding much else.

Additionally, he'll be helpful for us when we draft a safety to help the rookie develop. Sorta like how Jason Witten learned from Dan Campbell for the first few seasons.

quickccc

Reaction score
crazy 5 days ago this place said the DC dont value the S position they sing Neal, Kearse, and Kazee ,add wilson who luvs contact id say we have a lot of competition in TC to find the best 2 to start..

..sure none are earl Thomas but 3 DL, 3 S, whats next. Maybe quinn has Jerrys ear right now and thats good..

draft still a month away !!

i dont consider Kearse competition vs Wilson ... He hasn't done anything that and Neal is gonna be more of a nickel LB than pure safety and Kazee is a serviceable vet coming off an achilles injury and that type is a wait and see in pre-injury form.

Remember that was the kind of injury killed and endedex-All pro Chiefs safety Eric Berry's career as he clearly hindered by that.

But it's greatly assumed that it was the sight of his INT production at the FS safety position combined with familiarity with ex ATL coaches
Quinn and DB coach Hewitt (sp) that made him an recruited target.

Dunno about the rest of Kazee's game as a coverage/tackling guy but at least this seems like
a considerable stop gap band aid move to addressing safety position for now.

kskboys

Reaction score
i dont consider Kearse competition vs Wilson ... He hasn't done anything that and Neal is gonna be more of a nickel LB than pure safety and Kazee is a serviceable vet coming off an achilles injury and that type is a wait and see in pre-injury form.

Remember that was the kind of injury killed and endedex-All pro Chiefs safety Eric Berry's career as he clearly hindered by that.

But it's greatly assumed that it was the sight of his INT production at the FS safety position combined with familiarity with ex ATL coaches
Quinn and DB coach Hewitt (sp) that made him an recruited target.

Dunno about the rest of Kazee's game as a coverage/tackling guy but at least this seems like
a considerable stop gap band aid move to addressing safety position for now.
That was only a small part of it. He also had cancer in 2014 and a then a bone deformity was discovered as he was recovering from the achilles injury. There isn't any way to know if he'd have recovered just from the achilles.