Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign S Robert Blanton

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Of course it effects the draft. That's precisely why they signed a veteran safety. It certainly doesn't mean they won't draft a safety. I definitely think they will. It simply means they now don't have to reach for one early at the expense of a better player at another position because they have another veteran that can play in certain packages and start if need be. I'd call that effecting the draft.

Just another body in the mix for SS. Only signed 1 year deal (I read).

LittleD

Reaction score
He's probably nothing more than an insurance policy who can be rented for a year. We now have 4 safeties to start camp.
This also points to a reality that most likely we won't be taking a safety in the first 3 rounds. We have to focus on CB and DE and
maybe a falling DT from Michigan somewhere in the first 100 picks.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
I just love how this team continues to replace trash with more trash. :rolleyes:

Regardless...mark it down....We will be drafting a safety in the 1st. Nice smokescreen Jerry:laugh:

Obi Melifonwu SS/CB Connecticut...come on down:oldcouple:
I would love Obi on the team

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score

dsb1.gif

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Just another body in the mix for SS. Only signed 1 year deal (I read).

Yes, but he was signed so that during the draft there is no pressing need to reach for a safety. I still call that affecting the draft. I fully understand who he is what his signing is about.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
He's probably nothing more than an insurance policy who can be rented for a year. We now have 4 safeties to start camp.
This also points to a reality that most likely we won't be taking a safety in the first 3 rounds. We have to focus on CB and DE and
maybe a falling DT from Michigan somewhere in the first 100 picks.

So this signing says we won't be taking a safety, what about the signing of Moore and Carroll.

Does that mean we aren't taking a safety, CB, or DE? All are cheap vets, they are absolutely no sign of what we will do in the draft.

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
How can anyone feel that Dallas is adding depth at the safety position when they don't have starting talented safeties at the position?

Jones is decent but the other safety is an unknown.

This move is just an added player to the roster/position.

There are more positions than safety that we don't have a starting level player.

speedkilz88

Reaction score
So this signing says we won't be taking a safety, what about the signing of Moore and Carroll.

Does that mean we aren't taking a safety, CB, or DE? All are cheap vets, they are absolutely no sign of what we will do in the draft.
Carroll is the only one that is getting decent money. Moore is a min guy with a small bonus, Blanton should be also (He was with the Bills last season with $80K SB)

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Carroll is the only one that is getting decent money. Moore is a min guy with a small bonus, Blanton should be also (He was with the Bills last season with $80K SB)

Just saying none of them change our draft plans at all.

We could still draft a CB, DE, or safety....none of them are important enough to make a difference.....with Carroll, we actually lost two CBs, not one.

None make a difference in the draft

speedkilz88

Reaction score
Just saying none of them change our draft plans at all.

We could still draft a CB, DE, or safety....none of them are important enough to make a difference.....with Carroll, we actually lost two CBs, not one.

None make a difference in the draft
I was just following up with what you said. The one effect it has over the draft is that they don't feel they have to reach for a position.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
Covering bases, nothing more. Good special teams player who could cover at safety if needed due to injury.
This is a smart, cheap move. With Gashkar and the other LBer not resigned, plus 2 safeties - we are thin on ST. Everybody calm down, we will still draft a safety.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
The definition of Ehhh.

Another Andrew Gachkar signing. Alleged special teams player who will have little if any impact here. Waste of time and the defense still needs about 5 new starters.

This offense deserves a better effort from our Front Office.

cowboyblue22

Reaction score
well its roll average players out the front door and roll average players in the back door

erod

Reaction score
He's so good, the Bills didn't want him, and nobody signed him during free agency until now.

Yipee.