Signed by Cowboys Cowboys sign S Robert Blanton

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
well its roll average players out the front door and roll average players in the back door
Except the average players going out the front door are making WAAYYYYY too much and the average player coming in the back door is making chump change compared to them.

Smart business.

Every NFL team has to have players like this one. You can't have expensive players at every one of the 53 roster spots.

This guy wasn't brought in to start. The real improvements will come via the draft.

People complaining about this move aren't being realistic or very smart.

Bleedblue1111

Reaction score
My question is. Does Dallas lose one of it's compensatory picks for this deal?

Ever since Dallas landed Dak as a 4th round compensatory pick, I view those as very valuable commodities now.

Last edited:

Deep_Freeze

Reaction score
Which ones?

Depends on what your level of starting means. At CB we could use one since Scan hasn't done it in a while, Brown is in his second year and we will be using 3 CBs alot. At safety. At SLB. At RDE. At LDE, DLaw sucks. 1 tech we are trying to pull Paea out his grave. And the hope is Jaylon can get out of his wheelchair and play.

You have to accept mediocrity at some spots of course, but we are doing it too much on D. We just don't have alot of great players on that side of the ball, and Blanton doesn't change that.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Yes, but he was signed so that during the draft there is no pressing need to reach for a safety. I still call that affecting the draft. I fully understand who he is what his signing is about.

Why would we reach for a safety with or without his signing anyways? The Cowboys play their board.

Cowboys22

Reaction score
Why would we reach for a safety with or without his signing anyways? The Cowboys play their board.

No they don't. They like to say they do all the time but their draft board has been leaked numerous times and there is almost always higher ranked players on the board that they pass on. Last year, Prescott wasn't even the highest ranked QB on the board but they still picked him. I bet they pick the true highest rated player on their board less than 40% of the time. My point is that they now do not have to go into the draft thinking they need a safety by round 3 which might have resulted in them over ranking a few so they know they will have options on draft day.

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
With this signing, I feel all set to make a DE our first-round pick.

We signed a former starter corner in Carroll to compete with our projected starting corners and now a one-time starting safety to compete with our projected starting safeties. I don't feel anymore that we have to spend a first-rounder on either spot because we have to find a starter. We can still do it and upgrade the position, but we don't have to.

Technically, we don't have to at end, either, but pass rush has to be the primary concern for this defense.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
No they don't. They like to say they do all the time but their draft board has been leaked numerous times and there is almost always higher ranked players on the board that they pass on. Last year, Prescott wasn't even the highest ranked QB on the board but they still picked him. I bet they pick the true highest rated player on their board less than 40% of the time. My point is that they now do not have to go into the draft thinking they need a safety by round 3 which might have resulted in them over ranking a few so they know they will have options on draft day.

Whatever. So come back to me when we 'reach' in this draft.

ActualCowboysFan

Reaction score
Depends on what your level of starting means. At CB we could use one since Scan hasn't done it in a while, Brown is in his second year and we will be using 3 CBs alot. At safety. At SLB. At RDE. At LDE, DLaw sucks. 1 tech we are trying to pull Paea out his grave. And the hope is Jaylon can get out of his wheelchair and play.

You have to accept mediocrity at some spots of course, but we are doing it too much on D. We just don't have alot of great players on that side of the ball, and Blanton doesn't change that.
So none?

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
DBs provide different coverage these days than what some of us remember. I look at them in terms of making or giving up big plays, keeping the play in front of them and tackling well.