Twitter: Cowboys to meet with T Cameron Fleming

DanA

Reaction score
I feel like if we got Fleming then disasters are largely averted. If either tackle is a problem we can play Fleming and if OG is really bad we can move Collins (but not my first choice).

I want to be able to let Smith rest up if necessary rather than play through injury. Fleming is a good enough swing tackle to allow that.

DanA

Reaction score
If a bunch of English guys that have never played a single snap are grading things, it loses a bit of legitimacy in my eyes. And the pro-bowl owner is a PR stunt. But they’re learning and starting to get better IMO. Still waaaayyy off for 1 techs, I think they struggle with assignments that involves sacrificing to either maintain the edge, creating gap or fill a hole.

Seems like it’s; did they apply pressure, did they make a tackle, did they stop the pass...if not they get graded negatively.

conner01

Reaction score
Collins best year as a pro by a long shot was when he played RG. Move him back to LG to hide his weakness of not playing well outside in space.
He looked pretty dang good to me last year by the end of the season
We also paid him to be a tackle
It’s much harder to get a tackle than guard
Since you really can’t have 5 oline guys all playing on second contracts continuously they ability to get solid guard is much better than a solid tackle

chicago JK

Reaction score
Just like all moves it comes down to evaluation and cost. To be honest, i have very little confidence in the Cowboys evaluation skills. They have certainly hit on draft picks and free agents, but my confidence is low on them. Every team makes mistakes, but I certainly have higher confidence in some other organizations.

A couple of thoughts:
1) I always worry about signing players from the Patriots. It seems like in most cases, players regress 20 or so percent once they leave there. There are some expectations, but I would certainly expect their coaching staff would get more out of a player than Dallas' coaching staff.

2) I would imagine they are looking at these guys as short term starters (year or two). If that is the case, I am fine. Lets see if they are right in their evaluation.

3) I would be disappointed that their first move in free agency is a swing tackle. The position depth is obviously very important but this team has many needs and I would rate OL depth down the line.

4) Collins at guard, I can see both ways. I think long term he may be better inside. I just think teams are going to put their best pass rushers over there and beat him with speed. I am not expert though. Just play him at his best spot whether tackle or guard.

BigD_95

Reaction score
This would be a great move. Collins should be at LG anyways.

Couple years ago Garret said Collins could be a good Tackle but great OG. That was when the wanted him at Guard. They were forced to move him to Tackle and he played ok. Put him back to guard where he can dominate.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Collins best year as a pro was when he played LG. Moving him back is not the big disruption you're trying to make it out to be. Green can go back to being the swing tackle and Cooper can be the swing G. I'm in favor of trying Flemming at RT, IF he is signed. If he isn't all that then I would try Green at RT and have Flemming the swing tackle. The only time in Green's entire career he ever played guard was last season so putting him back at his natural position makes sense.
are you out of your mind, Green needs to be cut, should have been done when the clock hit zero of the final game...he was horrid bell not much better but even if he can bounce back to avg, *** do we need that, we can get that in anew Swing tackle...No FN way we should go into the season with Green on the roster.. He and garett were the sole reasons for the ATL debacle and the slide in Daks confidence..hell Jimmy Johnson or Parcells would have cut him after the ATL game and told him to get his own ride home..thats what coaches do use bad players as examples..Bell sure would have took notice..

waldoputty

Reaction score
are you out of your mind, Green needs to be cut, should have been done when the clock hit zero of the final game...he was horrid bell not much better but even if he can bounce back to avg, *** do we need that, we can get that in anew Swing tackle...No FN way we should go into the season with Green on the roster.. He and garett were the sole reasons for the ATL debacle and the slide in Daks confidence..hell Jimmy Johnson or Parcells would have cut him after the ATL game and told him to get his own ride home..thats what coaches do use bad players as examples..Bell sure would have took notice..

:lmao:
thank you

Cowboysheelsreds053

Reaction score

LLLOOLLL, guy got in the HOF off of one game. What was the most bluffing out of that whole game, Green nor Bell got any help. H--- that should have gotten red fired along but then throw in the Denver game and what the gnats did to them the following week, no excuses not to fire him.

lostar2009

Reaction score
bad move stop moving people..let fleming be a swing tackle for depth and sign cooper or a true LG . stop this crap they should have learned the double switch with chaz/cooper and a a lot of other trying to replace leary and move Collins was a failure and set us back but by season end it started to gel..stop FN with the continuity.

Exactly !!! All this shuffling degrades the performance of the line.

GenoT

Reaction score
Flex-position every guy on the team and be done with it.
:huh::omg::thumbup:

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

They pay bloggers to "grade" players.

You'll notice many people are defensive about PFF such as the ones on that twitter link.

They are defensive because they're getting paid to "grade" players. There has been at least one poster here that I'm certain worked for them.

PFF has good stats and anything that is not subjective, but paying a huge group of people to grade players would never yield consistent results even if they were experts.

waldoputty

Reaction score
pouncey got 2 yr 7.5m AAV. hopefully the ot and og backups would be significantly less