Twitter: Cowboys to meet with T Cameron Fleming

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
He looked pretty dang good to me last year by the end of the season
We also paid him to be a tackle
It’s much harder to get a tackle than guard
Since you really can’t have 5 oline guys all playing on second contracts continuously they ability to get solid guard is much better than a solid tackle

Playing solid for the last 3 or 4 games of a season isn't good enough for anyone to start tooting any horn. Just what in a base salary of 4.35 mil for 2018 tells you that's tackle money? Now Smith who is a real tackle has a base of 10 mil for 2018. You're reaching for straws saying Collins is being paid as a tackle. Collins best year by a long shot as a pro was the year he played LG.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Don’t want to see Collins moved
He was paid to be a tackle and developed well as season went on
Sign Fleming as the swing tackle
Sign the guard they have looked at. He can also play center
Then draft and develope a LG
I don’t think you can or have to have elite talent at left guard with an elite center next to him
Cooper played ok and he’s never been that good

Collins can be good at RT - he can be DOMINANT at LG. Which do you want?

gjkoeppen

Reaction score
are you out of your mind, Green needs to be cut, should have been done when the clock hit zero of the final game...he was horrid bell not much better but even if he can bounce back to avg, *** do we need that, we can get that in anew Swing tackle...No FN way we should go into the season with Green on the roster.. He and garett were the sole reasons for the ATL debacle and the slide in Daks confidence..hell Jimmy Johnson or Parcells would have cut him after the ATL game and told him to get his own ride home..thats what coaches do use bad players as examples..Bell sure would have took notice..

It is so laughable how people who claim to be so astute on things forget that Green in 2016 filled in for Smith for 3 games and did just fine giving up a single sack. Green in 2017 gets moved to LG where he had never played and then after exactly one padded practice before the falcon game to get back up to speed at playing tackle again he had a terrible game and that's the ONLY thing people like you think of. Lets just forget about the fact that Collins at RT have up 2.5 times more QB pressures than both Smith and Cooper and more than 4 times more than Freddy and Martin. The other 4 linemen gave up a total of 63 pressures and Collins alone gave up FIFTY ONE pressures and you want to whine about a single bad, really bad game Green had with a single padded practice. No who's out of their mind?

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
Collins has shown the ability to be good at either spot, but what he has lacked is consistency in-game. What I mean by that is, for example, he would have six or seven straight plays where he dominates his man, and then, two or three plays in a row where he lets the defender get under his pad level and blow him backwards off the snap.
It seemed late last season that he was starting to gain some of that consistency.
Personally I like him a lot at either spot but I agree he is probably a better guard
with All-Pro potential if he can be a bit more consistent.

Centex

Reaction score
It is so laughable how people who claim to be so astute on things forget that Green in 2016 filled in for Smith for 3 games and did just fine giving up a single sack. Green in 2017 gets moved to LG where he had never played and then after exactly one padded practice before the falcon game to get back up to speed at playing tackle again he had a terrible game and that's the ONLY thing people like you think of. Lets just forget about the fact that Collins at RT have up 2.5 times more QB pressures than both Smith and Cooper and more than 4 times more than Freddy and Martin. The other 4 linemen gave up a total of 63 pressures and Collins alone gave up FIFTY ONE pressures and you want to whine about a single bad, really bad game Green had with a single padded practice. No who's out of their mind?
Yes I want to whine. Green singlehandedly caused Dak to develop PTSD. (Post traumatic sack disorder)

It wasn't just a bad game it was the worst game I have ever seen a Dallas Cowboy offensive lineman play.

But I do acknowledge he filled in good enough the year before that I was shocked at the performance

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Playing solid for the last 3 or 4 games of a season isn't good enough for anyone to start tooting any horn. Just what in a base salary of 4.35 mil for 2018 tells you that's tackle money? Now Smith who is a real tackle has a base of 10 mil for 2018. You're reaching for straws saying Collins is being paid as a tackle. Collins best year by a long shot as a pro was the year he played LG.
You don't appear to understand the salary cap and NFL contracts. Collins average salary is 7.7M per.

conner01

Reaction score
You have no clue what he can be as a tackle
By the end of his first season at the position he was playing very well
You can’t have 5 guys on the oline all on second contracts so at some position you have to have a cheaper option and guard is much easier to play than tackle
Collins was projected as a first rnd talent coming out because teams felt he could play tackle and we are paying him to be a tackle

Jipper

Reaction score
sounds like we are choosing between 2 guys and will make a decision at some point today...cowboys should be on the board with a FA signing by eod...

Section446

Reaction score
You have no clue what he can be as a tackle
By the end of his first season at the position he was playing very well
You can’t have 5 guys on the oline all on second contracts so at some position you have to have a cheaper option and guard is much easier to play than tackle
Collins was projected as a first rnd talent coming out because teams felt he could play tackle and we are paying him to be a tackle
He played well at times last year, but I do think that his skill set is better suited for OG, which isn't a bad thing. He's a great athlete that lacks the footwork needed to be a greet OT. Whether they keep him there or move him, we'll be okay, but we'd be better with him at OG.

conner01

Reaction score
Nfl contracts that are in year one of that contract and in the middle of that contract aren’t really a good comparison
collins has a 2 yr 15 mil contract
Picking out just the base salary oh a contract really doesn’t tell you mucc

conner01

Reaction score
He played well at times last year, but I do think that his skill set is better suited for OG, which isn't a bad thing. He's a great athlete that lacks the footwork needed to be a greet OT. Whether they keep him there or move him, we'll be okay, but we'd be better with him at OG.
He won’t be here long term as a guard
As a tackle he’s worth investing in long term
You can’t have two high priced guards
At some position on the oline you need a player or two under rookie contracts
It’s much easier to find a cheaper option at guard than tackle
He’s already making 7 mil a year and his 3 rd contract is gonna be higher

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You don't appear to understand the salary cap and NFL contracts. Collins average salary is 7.7M per.

You can write a book about what that guy "doesn't understand". The worst thing is that he's got an attitude like he thinks he knows everything about everything. And none of what he claims is ever true.

Sydla

Reaction score
Is it me or do other teams sign guys before they even visit?

It seems in Dallas, we have to meet them before we extend them our typically low ball offer.

I didn't think it was possible, but this might be the most frustrating free agency period I can ever remember. Largely because I wanted to believe Stephen when he said they needed to change how they do things. That was pretty much a lie. They are doing the exact same thing.

Sydla

Reaction score
You can write a book about what that guy "doesn't understand". The worst thing is that he's got an attitude like he thinks he knows everything about everything. And none of what he claims is ever true.

Bingo. I am still chuckling at how he was trying to describe Martin's potential future contract.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Bingo. I am still chuckling at how he was trying to describe Martin's potential future contract.

And his bogus claims that "Doug Free never played left tackle" before the Cowboys put him there.

Doesn't think. Just types. Maybe he's trying to fool some people into believing he knows what he's talking about?
:huh:

Whatever the deal, he's failing. Badly.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Is it me or do other teams sign guys before they even visit?

It seems in Dallas, we have to meet them before we extend them our typically low ball offer.

I didn't think it was possible, but this might be the most frustrating free agency period I can ever remember. Largely because I wanted to believe Stephen when he said they needed to change how they do things. That was pretty much a lie. They are doing the exact same thing.

Hey! Didn't we tell you not to get your hopes up?
;)

blueblood70

Reaction score
he was bad the entire year in 17..first at G than at LT and anytime he was on the field..no we didn't forget .. funny these people like you say don't forget? really how about what Dak did in 16? hes being destroyed for having a down season in his sophomore year..witten is a HOF and they are trying to force his retirement in this forum.,., how aboiut Dez he owns a lot of passing records and really he played pretty well in 16 especially in the GB playoff game, yet hes not getting abreak...Sean lee puts up 16 game numbers in 12 games and they want him gone..

So why would a spare like green get pass when hes done squat and those guys above own cowboys records and are full time legit starters??that's the point..