Cowboys to sign Sanchez

Big D

Reaction score
I understand the angst, but who else would be a better backup?
How about the one we have that actually knows the offense? Showers. All this talk about needing a vet backup is BS. We don't need 3 qb's. The only reason we entered the season so focused on the backup qb position was because of the fragility of the starter which is no longer an issue. Sure Dak could go down but I'd be willing to gamble that he can stay upright until Romo returns. And even if he were to go down and then Showers subsequently crashes and burns the qb bumsquad will still be available. We should use the roster space to build depth on the offensive or defensive line. I'd rather sign the Seau kid than burn a roster spot on Sanchez IMO.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
To be fair-- signing Sanchez means the FO views him as the 4th best QB on the roster behind Romo, Moore, and Prescott. He is simply a more qualified NFL backup than Showers.

viman96

Thread Killer
Reaction score
Think they keep Sanchez after Romo returns? I hope he never sees the field.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
It's a good move, when he has a team around him he can manage a game. His perception is scued because of a butt fumble play lol . He isn't great or anything but he's better than showers or cassel . Practically for free. He's a decent backup for Prescott .

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Garrett's comments tomorrow. No need to thank me for the advance notice:

"Mark's a good football player, and he's been a good football player in this league for a number of years. He's been a backup before, so he's coming into this situation. He's also been a starter, and he's started games in this league and won games in this league. He has the skill set that allows him to do everything we will ask him to do. He's big, he's strong, he's fast, he can throw the ball really short, medium and deep. He's accurate. He's athletic. There's a lot of different things he brings to the table. We just are happy to give him an opportunity to be a part of this Dallas Cowboys football team."

DeaconBlues

M'Kevon
Reaction score
How about the one we have that actually knows the offense? Showers. All this talk about needing a vet backup is BS. We don't need 3 qb's. The only reason we entered the season so focused on the backup qb position was because of the fragility of the starter which is no longer an issue. Sure Dak could go down but I'd be willing to gamble that he can stay upright until Romo returns. And even if he were to go down and then Showers subsequently crashes and burns the qb bumsquad will still be available. We should use the roster space to build depth on the offensive or defensive line. I'd rather sign the Seau kid than burn a roster spot on Sanchez IMO.

Did you not see the 4th preseason game? Showers displayed worst than Weeden or Cassell.

Texas_Pete

Reaction score
If Dak gets hurt, we're done...like last year.
Not sure about that (although I hear what you are saying). We'll be a run dominated offense. If we are running 55-60% of the time and Dez is healthy, we'd still have a puncher's chance at being at least decent.

Deep_South

Reaction score
I'm glad we got him. We have to pay Sanchez for the whole year if he's on the roster for the game next week, so this could be bad news for Moore.