Game Day ***Cowboys vs Commanders Post game thread ***

pitt33

Reaction score
There's a reason why every WR on this roster is struggling this year. Every single one. Is it all them? Or is it because of the QB?

It's not hard to figure out. He doesn't see the field and doesn't have the arm to make all the throws.
I think the big thing with Dak is that he doesn’t throw his receivers “open” like the great ones do. Dak’s best throw was to Swaim today. He threw it with authority.

And he does hold the ball too long. It is clearly obvious as one watch’s the game. But he is what he is. There is a reason he went in the 4th round. He does have his warts and he is not going to be a great pocket passer. Heck his throwing motion is not your prototypical over-the-top action that most have.

Overall, I like his moxie as he really does seem to have his team believing in him.

We have to ride with him. He’s going to be here a long time.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think the big thing with Dak is that he doesn’t throw his receivers “open” like the great ones do. Dak’s best throw was to Swaim today. He threw it with authority.

And he does hold the ball too long. It is clearly obvious as one watch’s the game. But he is what he is. There is a reason he went in the 4th round. He does have his warts and he is not going to be a great pocket passer. Heck his throwing motion is not your prototypical over-the-top action that most have.

Overall, I like his moxie as he really does seem to have his team believing in him.

Dude you had a like in the bank until that last sentence.

I'm not riding with Prescott. Especially if he's driving.

TheHerd

Reaction score
The PI call pissed me off the most. Some of the holding calls were, well, holding. But that was not PI.

The receiver grabbed Brown, pulled him down, and the ref bought it.

Most of the holds were valid, but the hold that negated Zekes TD was standard Packer holding, as chronicled in many blogs. It's the blantant inconsistencies they are maddening.

pitt33

Reaction score
Dude you had a like in the bank until that last sentence.

I'm not riding with Prescott. Especially if he's driving.
That’s ok. But the tough part is you, me and everyone else don’t make those personnel decisions for the team.

HungryLion

Reaction score

Dak has “thrown receivers open” at times. He just doesn’t do it consistently.

I also think that is something most great QB’s develop
Over time. Very few are doing it consistently in their second season.

CODE_BLUE56

Reaction score
I tend to agree that Dak doesn't really have game-changing throwing ability. He's a good decision maker and athletic, though. But we don't really need him to be that game-changing thrower with Zeke and a good O-line. With that said, I hope, as he continues to gain experience, he gets a little better as a playmaker.

Old'Boyfan

Reaction score
I'll take the win, there is something to be said for our 'Boys hanging in there for a win that was closer than the score indicates.
Yes the officiating was bad, truly. Really bad. There is no excuse for the many holding penalties and other various gaffes though.
But we beat a team that was absolutely decimated by injury, particularly their o-line. Had the 'Skins been reasonably healthy this may not have turned out a W.
If we can beat KC at home next week and Atlanta on the road the following week I'll have some hope this is a playoff team.
But not until then.

renny

Reaction score
There's a reason why every WR on this roster is struggling this year. Every single one. Is it all them? Or is it because of the QB?

It's not hard to figure out. He doesn't see the field and doesn't have the arm to make all the throws.
Who do you want to QB!

TheHerd

Reaction score
We have had 15 offensive holding calls against us and 6 against our opponents. That is by far the biggest difference between calls for and calls against. Only the Cardinals have more holding calls against at 17. The Cards also have 11 offensive holding calls in their favor.
Green Bay and the Giants have 5 holding calls against them and Miami has 3 holding calls against them.

GB total ia a joke. Every play they do exactly what Tyron did on the called back Zeke TD.

canters

Reaction score
I strongly disagree that Dak is the most overrated player at his position in the NFL. He is well above league average and a top 12 QB already. Our impatient fans just sit and watch and pick nits waiting for him to look average on any particular play, and they jump and say ”see, there you go,,he is not good enough”. He has to be pefect 100% of the time to impress these fans. He is much better than Russell Wilson and 20 more of the starting QBs now. To call him a bus driver is typical superficial gibberish that we see too often on this great site. Follow Dak and make Cowboyszone great, again.!! ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️