Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
He didn't have a lot of opportunities, but he also ran into the backs of his linemen a lot and didn't show much patience. That is what concerns me. Morris waited for things to develop a bit more.
you are right on with this evaluation. Now Zeke may of been a little anxious for this game and will learn to settle down, but for this game you called it

popp1234

Reaction score
I kmow everyone is po'd, inlcuding myself, but I can find some humor in the irony or it all. This is close to how the Giants loss to us last year. It came down to the final 2 minutes and Eli blew clock management.

I have to be honest. This is probably the worst statement after a close, devastating loss to a division rival I have ever read on this board. You are not even being sarcastic. I have to fight back throwing stuff at the tv and the wall, laughing in place of crying, and you say this is homorous? The irony? Wow!

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
That was TWill's Leon Lett moment but even worse because it ended the game with a loss.

JPostSam

Reaction score
trying not to be emotional...

i was not surprised by the defense. we knew it was going to be a liability.

however, i was disappointed in the play calling. why did they persist in running zeke up the middle? i didn't see many off tackle runs or sweeps, which could have used his speed more. there was one or two early on that got stuffed, and that was it. could have called some screens for him, too.

but if they were only going to run inside (on those big dudes in the middle?!), then they should have used alfred morris more. he was a hammer today, and he deserved more carries.

the giants took away the outside receivers and let witten and beasley average 7 yards per reception today. moving the chains is nice, but that doesn't get you 7 points on the board. all those field goals today kept the game close when it shouldn't have been (and i'm not even talking about the dez play in the end zone where it seemed like he had his arm under the ball the whole time). this staff is going to have to find a way to get dez, twill and brice butler open going across the field, if they want to win.

CWR

Reaction score
Not sure what yall are crying about the coaches for. They did well with Dak and the D was better than advertised against a really dynamic offense.

Problem was settling for 3pts, Zeke was not good, we dropped too many balls and crucial ones at that and Twill is a waste between the ears. Im positive he has been coached to go out of bounds there.

kevm3

Reaction score
Did the Zone melt after that last play? lol.

Still think Dak is ready to replace Tony?

Think it was the offensive line and not Zeke? Morris found holes? How? He was patient. Zeke took the handoff and took off like a rocket trying to force things.

Dak showed he's more than capable of running the offense. Romo couldn't have forced Williams out of bounds. It's the rest of the team I'm concerned about. Zeke looked atrocious.

Killerinstinct

Reaction score
It would have been nice if the first 4 picks in the draft actually helped the team. The only one that played was elliot and he was outplayed by Morris.

Naruto

Reaction score
Um, Dak was all over the place. With Romo, they would have won by 2 TDs.

Romo wouldn't have survived through the 3rd quarter after those blitzes started getting through later in the game

superonyx

Reaction score
Hopefully he is wondering why he turned into such an overhyped, overpaid, underperforming player.
No..he knows what's going on.
He knows defenses roll doubles to him and his offense coordinator doesn't move him around, doesn't bring in a threat on the other side of the field, doesn't do anything but call the offense to go through aWitten and Beasley when defenses key on him.

He gets it.

SultanOfSix

Star Power
Reaction score
Dez is getting safety help over the top. When he had man coverage, Dak went to him. I don't know why people are complaining about Dez.

What they should be complaining about is Collins and Free on the line, its poor run blocking and our piss poor defense simply giving up two quick scores.

It's the same story with the team. If the defense makes a stop, the offense can't convert. If the offense can't convert, the defense can't make a stop. Two times the defense made a stop, but the the offense did nothing with it to give the team a two score breathing room. Then the defense gave away the go ahead TD. This team is poorly coached and has been for a while. The team has two loser coordinates from Detroit who simply can't make it happen when it counts, and coach in training doesn't even really matter.

JDSmith

Reaction score
I love Tony, but if Dak shows he has the talent, let him have it. This team isn't doing anything this year with either of them. Tony is on his way out regardless. His body isn't going to hold up anymore. I'd rather stick with Dak if it looks like he can be the man. This team, at best, is at least a couple years away from serious contention. That entire D needs to be revamped

I'd rather win games. I have zero interest in losing games so the rookie can learn. That's just me though.

Dak was OK, but he was not in the same league we've seen Romo play. Particularly in crunch time.

runback22

Reaction score
Mcadoo's player does something stupid and he's in that player's face screaming. Garrett's player ruins the game and he walks over and slaps him on the back and smiles as he heads towards our divisional rivals. We need a new coach, bottom line, before Prescott's career is wasted like Romo's was.

So sick of seeing him clap and smile after every bad play. I wanted to punch him when he patted Twill on the back with that stupid smile on his face....I miss the days of Jimmy when Williams would be on the unemployment line at worst, or at least yelled at and made to look like the fool he is

Reaction score
curios....if Williams went out of bounds like he should've, where abouts would've been the spot? A 65-70 yarder, I think, is a plausible with Daily.

Tommy

Reaction score
Put Dez on Sea, Det, GB, Minn, or a host of other teams who know how to develop routes and WRs and you would see similar production.

Dooley is the biggest waste of speace in coaching. Nepotism exemplified
So Dez's performance today wasn't on him huh? Ok.

romothesavior

Reaction score
No..he knows what's going on.
He knows defenses roll doubles to him and his offense coordinator doesn't move him around, doesn't bring in a threat on the other side of the field, doesn't do anything but call the offense to go through aWitten and Beasley when defenses key on him.

He gets it.
Did Linehan drop a TD in the end zone? If so I missed it.