Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

SDCowboy

Reaction score
You have Dez Bryant and pay him 70 million but you are to damn stupid to scheme him open. Just send him on go routes all game. These coaches are idiots.
Man, some people will just defend Dez no matter what, won't they? The guy was non-existent to terrible last season when he played, and it has now continued into this season.

BigD16

Reaction score
If there is a God, Garrett will be gone after this year.

coult44

Reaction score
Not sure what yall are crying about the coaches for. They did well with Dak and the D was better than advertised against a really dynamic offense.

Problem was settling for 3pts, Zeke was not good, we dropped too many balls and crucial ones at that and Twill is a waste between the ears. Im positive he has been coached to go out of bounds there.

Have you watched JG teams? They aren't coached to do smart things. Never have been. How do you know if Zeke sucked or not? Very little creativity with the play calling, and horrible run blocking.

JDSmith

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I prefer winning games too. However, do you really think this team is going to do anything with that abysmal defense and idiot coach?

I don't know, we need defensive help. But our offense sure looks better when Romo changes the plays at the line and we don't run screens to Witten on third and 20. I'd like to get into the dance and roll the dice with the defense, hoping they get hot. I expect Zeke to get much better as he gets a feel for the blocking - that's what happens when a guy only has 7 preseason carries. I expect Morris to be a HUGE weapon for this team as the season progresses. I think we can outscore most teams, and I'd like to get a chance to make the playoffs and roll the dice.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
100% of the board would have taken 20 points given up today so I'll blame a few others specifically on the offense

Dez was a no show once again. This happens far too often. He's slow, can't bring down balls and takes plays off

The oline is so overrated it's not even funny. They got beat like a drum in the second half

The false start on the final drive and the holding deep in Dallas territory that forced the punt and lead to the game winning TD drive were critical mistakes

Zeke was terrible. Beasley dropped a gimmie and Terrance Williams had a classic blooper

Dak can lead this team if the vets help him out a little

I would trade Dez while you can.
We should have used Bam in 4th quarter.
Dak was awesome!

Alohawg1

Reaction score
GARRETTDHATDISFORDUMMY.jpg

The dumbest move was not leaving Morris in after it was obvious he was the better option, by far and especially on the next to last drive. Classic Garrett *******ery.

endersdragon

Reaction score
Colts season is about to be over now too. Can I make a rule that anyone who says our season is over now can't cheer for this team if/when we make the playoffs?

BigD16

Reaction score
I love how Dez is the best YAC receiver and we ran a bunch of screens to him instead of Witten

CWR

Reaction score
Have you watched JG teams? They aren't coached to do smart things. Never have been. How do you know if Zeke sucked or not? Very little creativity with the play calling, and horrible run blocking.

Ok sure Zeke was great. The coaches surely told twill not to go out of bounds there also.

Alf looked good, I guess the coaching was better for him. Yes I think Zeke shouldve gone outside more but in either case he didnt play well.

aria

Reaction score
I have to be honest. This is probably the worst statement after a close, devastating loss to a division rival I have ever read on this board. You are not even being sarcastic. I have to fight back throwing stuff at the tv and the wall, laughing in place of crying, and you say this is homorous? The irony? Wow!
I said humorous, not homorous.

Dude, sorry if I offended you. How about this...I find it unbelievable and ironic that the Ginats loss to us last year due to poor clock managment with the game on the line. Seriously, what are the chances that this happens to both teams 2 years in a row.

I also think Twill is catching too much flak, there's no guarantee Bailey would have made that although he is money 99.9% of the time.

BigBlacKahuna

22Cowboys21
Reaction score
These veteran receivers did not help this young man today. Way too many dropped balls. Yes, there were some high balls thrown, but they didn't help him today and that cost us this game.

Broges74

JerryJonesMustGo
Reaction score
He didn't have a lot of opportunities, but he also ran into the backs of his linemen a lot and didn't show much patience. That is what concerns me. Morris waited for things to develop a bit more.
Noticed that too. Hopefully he learns or its going to be hard for him in the NFL.

JDSmith

Reaction score
And anyone expecting him to be was on some serious crack. Rookies don't come in and play at Romo's level. It was silly for anyone to think it was even possible.

If Romo is healthy, he plays. That probably goes for the next 2 years. So, people might as well get used to it. That's not to say Dak can't be as good or better someday, but as a rookie? That's silly talk.

Exactly. The coaches just play close to the vest and figure Romo will work some magic at the end. It's like Dan Reeves with Elway for years.

But you can't do that to a rookie QB. It's putting entirely too much pressure on him, he shouldn't have to CARRY the team. He already looks solid for the most part, let's not ask him to be the savior right out of the gate.