Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
How about that designed dump off to Witten on 3rd and 20 with 4 minutes left?

If that's not playing to lose, I don't know what is.

Yeah, someone needs to tell Dak that Witten is not making up no real amount of yards after the catch (coaching staff needs to put a different player in his position)

chicago JK

Reaction score
Mcadoo's player does something stupid and he's in that player's face screaming. Garrett's player ruins the game and he walks over and slaps him on the back and smiles as he heads towards our divisional rivals. We need a new coach, bottom line, before Prescott's career is wasted like Romo's was.

Ha ha. That is true. The Giants tight end just didn't get open that caused a butt chewing. Our WR cost a chance to have a shot to win, and he get a pat on the back.

DOUBLE WING

Reaction score
I am just tired of this. Very rarely do I care after a tough game for players to hug and smile even in a loss. I am sure they live with these games much harder after the fact.

Although, to see him console Williams right after a bonehead play is a loser move and really shows why stupid mistakes continue to happen year after year here. I am sure he is telling his players right now that they fought hard and never gave up.

Screw that, I am tired of losing by not doing the small things right. This isn't a extremely talented team...most know it. Although, in a league where most games are decided by a few key plays, Dallas very rarely makes those play (with exception of 1 year)

The Valley Ranch Country Club, where all your worries go away.

Made a mistake? Don't worry kid, you'll get em next time.

AP407808100111-512x400.jpg

runback22

Reaction score
I'd rather win games. I have zero interest in losing games so the rookie can learn. That's just me though.

Dak was OK, but he was not in the same league we've seen Romo play. Particularly in crunch time.

Don't get me wrong, I prefer winning games too. However, do you really think this team is going to do anything with that abysmal defense and idiot coach?

JDSmith

Reaction score
Dak and Bease were the only beacons of light. Dak looked calm and collected. Had 3 dropped TD's and made what should have been the game winning drive. Bease was getting open consistently and came through on the regular.

We watched different games. Dak had ball placement issues and especially in crunch time was not throwing well on the move.

khiladi

Reaction score
Do we always waste our second downs, by running the same play every time after we throw on first?

chicago JK

Reaction score
I swear for punishment, I would make the team sit at midfield and look into the sun for like 3 hours. That might team them.

Dodger12

Reaction score
I am just tired of this. Very rarely do I care after a tough game for players to hug and smile even in a loss. I am sure they live with these games much harder after the fact.

Although, to see him console Williams right after a bonehead play is a loser move and really shows why stupid mistakes continue to happen year after year here. I am sure he is telling his players right now that they fought hard and never gave up.

Screw that, I am tired of losing by not doing the small things right. This isn't a extremely talented team...most know it. Although, in a league where most games are decided by a few key plays, Dallas very rarely makes those play (with exception of 1 year)

They can't make them because in a league of parity, the HC makes the difference. We gain nothing....zilch....zero. He's a dolt and a football moron.

Ender

Reaction score
I think fans need to find a way to enjoy the season without having to much expectations. Dak isnt going to lead the cowboys to a superbowl, and honestly, Romo isn't either. That ship has sailed. Windows is closed. Poor coaches, bad teams = 0 rings for Romo. I honestly think its better to go ahead an look to the future and hope to replace Garrett and the entire staff. We are the new raiders, have been for a while.

Tass

Lucky Devil
Reaction score
I was yelling the same thing at my tv

LOL...you were yelling "ANY TEAM THAT IS CONSISTENTLY MENTALLY UNPREPARED GAME IN GAME OUT, YEAR IN YEAR OUT, IS SO BECAUSE OF COACHING!!!"

What an incredible coincidence. :D

Tommy

Reaction score
How about that designed dump off to Witten on 3rd and 20 with 4 minutes left?

If that's not playing to lose, I don't know what is.
I know you heard Aikman say he thought it was the right call. What did you think of that?

tomsanders921

Reaction score
Think of the resources invested by this franchise in the OL and at RB. Four 1st round picks and a lucky find with Collins. So five first round picks effectively. And the Giants made Elliott their personal BEETCH.

That's not just any failure, that's a franchise failure. Elliott is a bust. Ramsey will make multiple pro bowls

I hope you're not serious. A bust after one game where our o line got whipped? The giants crashed the run every time he was in the game. They weren't going to let Zeke beat them. Morris had a lot more room than Zeke, but he did show more patience too.

If you want to play the blame game blame this one on the wrs. They dropped so many balls and multiple touchdowns. They are also all experienced so there is no excuse for how they played. And dez sucked!

CWR

Reaction score
trying not to be emotional...

i was not surprised by the defense. we knew it was going to be a liability.

however, i was disappointed in the play calling. why did they persist in running zeke up the middle? i didn't see many off tackle runs or sweeps, which could have used his speed more. there was one or two early on that got stuffed, and that was it. could have called some screens for him, too.

but if they were only going to run inside (on those big dudes in the middle?!), then they should have used alfred morris more. he was a hammer today, and he deserved more carries.

the giants took away the outside receivers and let witten and beasley average 7 yards per reception today. moving the chains is nice, but that doesn't get you 7 points on the board. all those field goals today kept the game close when it shouldn't have been (and i'm not even talking about the dez play in the end zone where it seemed like he had his arm under the ball the whole time). this staff is going to have to find a way to get dez, twill and brice butler open going across the field, if they want to win.

You know what, your right about Zeke in the middle all day. Overall im happy with how they handled Dak but the run game was bad and play calling didnt help there.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I'd rather win games. I have zero interest in losing games so the rookie can learn. That's just me though.

Dak was OK, but he was not in the same league we've seen Romo play. Particularly in crunch time.

And anyone expecting him to be was on some serious crack. Rookies don't come in and play at Romo's level. It was silly for anyone to think it was even possible.

If Romo is healthy, he plays. That probably goes for the next 2 years. So, people might as well get used to it. That's not to say Dak can't be as good or better someday, but as a rookie? That's silly talk.