Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

Aven8

Reaction score
Dak isn't regressing folks. The WR'S aren't getting open, and we are waiting on our stupid offense that takes 8 seconds to get into breaks to get us out of it. It's happened quite a few times this season and we went to the short passing game.

cml750

Reaction score
If Dak plays bad again next week we will find out if Garrett has the cahones to pull him for Romo.

Mr Cowboy

Reaction score
if anybody is hitting a wall or regressing, I would say it is Linehan. Poor road game plans the past two games.Slow developing pass patterns when the offense is under siege. When the running game is clicking, he goes away from it. He didn't help Dak at all tonight, there were few if any quick passes called. I will say that Dak could of done a better job of making them pay for blitzing, he could have escaped the rush and run for big yardage several times. that would have backed them off their blitzes.

Oh well, I didn't think this team would go 15-1. Time to re-focus, and go back to what we do best.

What is the deal with insisting on playing Dunbar? He brings nothing to this offense. I don't get it.

popp1234

Reaction score
That's the thing that pisses me off. Their offense was as bad as ours. If our offense shows up at all, we win.

I will say this, there is absolutely NO EXCUSE for our offense putting up only 7 points against anybody. The entire offensive side of the ball should be very disappointed with their output tonight.

kevm3

Reaction score
This just looked like a game we were destined to lose, from the ball bouncing out of the uprights, to the giant's players feet landing right on free and keeping him out of field goal range to Barry Church dropping an interception in Giant's territory.

These guys needed this loss. Seems like they were feeling themselves to much. I don't want to see any more videos, no partying, or any of that. Just pure focus this week.

And Lance Dunbar better not see another snap. I frankly don't understand why Alfred Morris didn't get a single snap if we're trying to 'save zeke', and what are we trying to save him for? You win this game and he gets plenty of rest. But no, we have to get cute and try to experiment with utter nonsense.

Miller

ARTIST FORMERLY KNOWN AS TEXASFROG
Reaction score
Okay...

So suddenly, after tonight's loss... Dak Prescott is trash and needs to be replaced ASAP. Nevermind the fact that the team is 11-2.

I love this team but man our fans can be absurd. Have a nice season and suddenly we're entitled and spoiled...

Unless you thought that this team would never lose another game EVER and Dak is supposed to throw for 4tds and 400 yards each week...

We lost a game... It was an ugly loss but that's what happens sometimes. I can only hope the team has a different attitude than our fans who are ready to throw in the towel after tonight...

Could not say it better. Dak played one of the top Ds last week and won. He's 11-2. He came into the game with a 19/2 TD/int ratio and over a 100 rating. We had one horrible game. That's it. If people expected miracles every game then they have never watched football

manster4ever

Reaction score
Good post. I'm literally laughing out loud at the overreaction. But we knew it was coming, didn't we?

Romo will not see the field this year folks.

Thing is, I said all along IF we won tonight he and DMAC SHOULD see the field the next three weeks. But now we'll have to do it the hard way. Just as well, because Dak needs to get his groove and confidence back. Cold and the blitz bothered him tonight. More blitzes next week so hopefully Linehan dials up some SIMPLE, short routes to beat it. He was horrible tonight and didn't put Dak in a good position to make plays.

BRoni

Reaction score
Nope I Think being a rookie and no one stepping up on offense was the primary reason we lost. We win as a team and we lose as a team. That wasn't the question by the way, good job dancing around it

The entire offense besides Zeke has a pretty average to bad performance. The coaching staff didn't help at all either with the play calling and decision making.

manster4ever

Reaction score
Could not say it better. Dak played one of the top Ds last week and won. He's 11-2. He came into the game with a 19/2 TD/int ratio and over a 100 rating. We had one horrible game. That's it. If people expected miracles every game then they have never watched football

Bingo. Perfect post.

ScipioCowboy

More than meets the eye.
Reaction score
To be fair no one looked to be getting open, and the scheme never looked like it adjusted.

Dak played bad, but the Giants knew what we were doing every time we dropped back to pass.

The modern passing game is largely about getting the ball out quickly. How often does Dak throw the ball in less than three seconds from the snap?

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Tough fought game. After watching Carr, Wilson, Big Ben, Dak, and Eli struggle in the cold weather this weekend it really makes Brady's accomplishments at Foxboro look even more impressive.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
if anybody is hitting a wall or regressing, I would say it is Linehan. Poor road game plans the past two games.Slow developing pass patterns when the offense is under siege. When the running game is clicking, he goes away from it. He didn't help Dak at all tonight, there were few if any quick passes called. I will say that Dak could of done a better job of making them pay for blitzing, he could have escaped the rush and run for big yardage several times. that would have backed them off their blitzes.

Oh well, I didn't think this team would go 15-1. Time to re-focus, and go back to what we do best.

What is the deal with insisting on playing Dunbar? He brings nothing to this offense. I don't get it.

Might sound crazy but is he going Vanilla not to show to much before the playoffs?

superonyx

Reaction score
Well 15-1 woulda been nice.

This team knows it has work to do in practice this week.

We've perhaps learned that Dak has cold weather issues.

2nd time this season to taste defeat. Let's hope our players hate it enough to work hard to get ready for Tampa Bay.
Was it a cold weather issue in Minnesota last week?
Or agains the Giants in week 1?
Or the Eagles?

The problem looks to be more around ability to stay composed, read defense, and react in game where the defense is playing aggressive, quick, and willing to press you WR's while rushing the QB.

Rob-G

Reaction score
I can what you consider a "whine" all I want. The Giants played good D but I can point out the obvious hack job by the refs. They aren't mutually exclusive situations of Reality.
Yes, you absolutely can. But the officiating wasnt blatantly bad by any means. There's usually calls on both sides that are poor. Unless it very one sided, dont see the need to use it as an excuse. Our receivers got no separation all game long.

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
Tough fought game. After watching Carr, Wilson, Big Ben, Dak, and Eli struggle in the cold weather this week it really makes Brady's accomplishments at Foxboro look even more impressive.

Really? Bet Ravens pound him tomorrow.