Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
I am not a Romo homer and have been thrilled with Dak, but looking at the last three games, I honestly feel our best player at the QB position is probably Romo. It's time to hand him the keys.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
The modern passing game is largely about getting the ball out quickly. How often does Dak throw the ball in less than three seconds from the snap?

Not very often. But it doesn't seem like those options were available tonight.

toto1939

Reaction score
My birthday today (which was a very good day until the end when the Cowboys served up a turd-sandwich)

manster4ever

Reaction score
This just looked like a game we were destined to lose, from the ball bouncing out of the uprights, to the giant's players feet landing right on free and keeping him out of field goal range to Barry Church dropping an interception in Giant's territory.

These guys needed this loss. Seems like they were feeling themselves to much. I don't want to see any more videos, no partying, or any of that. Just pure focus this week.

And Lance Dunbar better not see another snap. I frankly don't understand why Alfred Morris didn't get a single snap if we're trying to 'save zeke', and what are we trying to save him for? You win this game and he gets plenty of rest. But no, we have to get cute and try to experiment with utter nonsense.

GREAT post...but btw: Barry dropped two easy ones. We've gotten good breaks and bounces all season long and didn't get too many tonight. Wouldn't mind seeing these pricks once more in the playoffs truthfully.

kevm3

Reaction score
Was it a cold weather issue in Minnesota last week?
Or agains the Giants in week 1?
Or the Eagles?

The problem looks to be more around ability to stay composed, read defense, and react in game where the defense is playing aggressive, quick, and willing to press you WR's while rushing the QB.

How about it was a top defense doing what top defenses do, which is make quarterbacks look bad. Name me one team with a better record than us this year and one quarterback who didn't have a bad game.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
I am not a Romo homer and have been thrilled with Dak, but looking at the last three games, I honestly feel our best player at the QB position is probably Romo. It's time to hand him the keys.

GIve keys to him on Madden. WE WON 11 GAMES IN A ROW. Romo never did that.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Romo would have torched the Giants tonight. I will give Dak another chance but if they lose to TB it's Romo time.

Romo would have been on his behind, and he would have been picked too.
The Giants just played us well defensively.

cml750

Reaction score
Yes, you absolutely can. But the officiating wasnt blatantly bad by any means. There's usually calls on both sides that are poor. Unless it very one sided, dont see the need to use it as an excuse. Our receivers got no separation all game long.
I have to admit, this was one of the best officiated games of the season.

NeonNinja

Dash28
Reaction score
That third and long toss has me confused. A give up call? Lost confidence in Dak? Throw game for Irvin (lol)?

bjfrancez

Reaction score
Dak isn't regressing folks. The WR'S aren't getting open, and we are waiting on our stupid offense that takes 8 seconds to get into breaks to get us out of it. It's happened quite a few times this season and we went to the short passing game.
Tonight Dak looked like he did last week.
That train has left the station. The team has made their bed and the only way Tony Romo sees the field, going forward, is if Dak gets hurt.
That train has left the station. The team has made their QB bed and the only way Tony Romo sees the field, going forward, is if Dak gets hurt.
So, no matter how much Dak struggles JG will not put in Romo? Even if the season is on the line?

toto1939

Reaction score
How did the Giants know that we were going to run the ball pretty much every time on 1st down? Oh yea, maybe because we did.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
Dak isn't regressing folks. The WR'S aren't getting open, and we are waiting on our stupid offense that takes 8 seconds to get into breaks to get us out of it. It's happened quite a few times this season and we went to the short passing game.
Whats new on this , this was always the case with JG route trees ?

MRV52

rat2k8
Reaction score
That train has left the station. The team has made their QB bed and the only way Tony Romo sees the field, going forward, is if Dak gets hurt.

What if Dak's heart is broken does that count as a injury? Love the kid, I know he will rebound the next 2 weeks.

remdak

Reaction score
Might sound crazy but is he going Vanilla not to show to much before the playoffs?
I doubt that. That's what people said in 2007 when Dallas ended up the year not playing real well and they proceeded to lose to the Giants at home in the playoffs after going 13-3

khiladi

Reaction score
Dallas was simplifying the game-plans for Dak, and responsibilities grew as the season grew.

If you say its Linehan's fault, your argument is basically they need to dumb down the game plans again.

And your also discrediting the Giants, because they sniffed out the bootlegs and almost the interception on the screen to Witten in the red zone...