Game Day Cowboys vs Giants post game thread

sweetness0986

Reaction score
How on earth we had 3 TOs in that game and didn't take advantage is beyond me.

Offense had looked bad 2 weeks in a row. Dak looked his worst ever tonight. Not sure what to make of this. I get it, we aren't going to win every game but this one we should have had. How many punts today? How many times did we not convert on 3rd down? THAT is scary.

drawandstrike

Reaction score
We do play the Eagles in Philly. But if we take care of business vs. the Bucs and Lions like we're capable of, that last cold weather outdoor game won't mean anything.

ryanbabs

Reaction score
I'll be totally honest: after that first TD, I thought we were gonna roll. Penalties weren't even an issue. Just horrible QB play is the most blame. Defense was lights out and got us some rare turnovers. We have Tony and I wouldn't be afraid to use him. 11-2 is a special record and we aren't guaranteed future success.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Dak and Zeke need to stay at home and focus on the Bucs.
Scott Linehan called a game that looked reminiscent of the 8 and 8 cowboys.
I really don't want to see Lance Dunbar play another down. I really don't understand why this guy is on the field, especially on 3rd downs. I don't understand why Zeke is on the sidelines at the end of the game. Are they trying to 'experiment' before the playoffs?

God it feels that way.

Outside of the absolutely gorgeous TD call, this was not a creative game plan.

And even worse, why in the hell did they pas it so many times?

Nothing made sense.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Tried to tell everyone how good this defense is and how they were built to stop Dallas specifically. All I got was ridicule.

Credit the Giants and hope we don't see them again.

actually I am concerned about the east. IF this passing game is this bad again this team could crumble amid the nonsense.

J_Allen

Reaction score
Special Teams was a huge problem again. Let's not forget that.

popp1234

Reaction score
Hey, I blame losses on QBs and that's how I roll. So this loss is on Dak. Next week, I expect a new winning streak.

No doubt, Dak did not play well. However, if we take Dak out and replace him with Romo just to appease Jerry Jones' and some ignorant fan's fantasy of Romo suddenly coming back and leading us to a SB, we are in worse shape, from an orginazaional leadership standpoint than I thought. Also, what kind of message will we be sending to Dak?

By the way, people on this board hoping the Cowboys lose because of their Romo agenda are freaking disgusting! I know who you are!

khiladi

Reaction score
So our recievers were getting open? No. Was Dez getting open? No. Was Witten running downfield more than 5 yds? No. Did TWIll ever get open? No.

Was Dak making the hot read on the blitz, because the one time he did, Dez caught it but he fumbled.. Dez was open on the crossing route, which Dak threw behind him..

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I'll be totally honest: after that first TD, I thought we were gonna roll. Penalties weren't even an issue. Just horrible QB play is the most blame. Defense was lights out and got us some rare turnovers. We have Tony and I wouldn't be afraid to use him. 11-2 is a special record and we aren't guaranteed future success.

Actually penalties were an issue. Not the biggest but they were still an issue. We had like three punt returns in which they threw a flag that squandered out field position.

DandyDon1722

It's been a good 'un, ain't it?
Reaction score
Don't know if the team has been reading too many of their press clippings but if this is a sign that complacency has set in we're in trouble!

I never got that sense - especially from the defense. They were aggressive and came to play.

It came down to offensive execution or the lack of it.

BoysfanfromCanada

Reaction score
I agree. I cannot understand why Dunbar kept being in seeming every 3rd down plays. I just don't understand the reasoning.

Reasoning is to keep Zeke from the wear and tear of passing downs... but teams know Dunbar won't run...atleast with Zeke the linebackers have to keep an eye on him