Game Day ***Cowboys vs Giants Post Game Thread***

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
Is there an issue between McCarthy and Daboll? They questioned whether they were going to greet each other after the game.
Don't think there was. The broadcasters thought Daboll might have felt McCarthy was running up the score by letting his backups actually try to drive with the ball. I think Daboll saw it for what it was ... Dallas' backups playing.

Beaker42

Reaction score
Is it too early to label Schoonmaker as a bust? He’s just not getting it. What a waste of our 1 and 2 picks on scUM players.

LysleE

Reaction score
A good team like the Cowboys should dominate a team like the Giants who are on a three-game winning streak with the 21st ranked defense and 32nd ranked offense (with a JAG at QB).
We fans can throw all the accolades and hyperbole around we want, but I’m waiting for Dallas to play this type of game against playoff-caliber teams when it counts, which they never seem to do with any great consistency.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Don't think there was. The broadcasters thought Daboll might have felt McCarthy was running up the score by letting his backups actually try to drive with the ball. I think Daboll saw it for what it was ... Dallas' backups playing.
Daboll kept trying to score so why can't dallas? I'd see if ny just ran the ball every down to end the game but they didnt

gimmesix

Reaction score
Very good performance against a woeful opponent.
Did not play down to the opposition.
Still worried about TE2 and RB1.

Biggest disappointment was Micah. He should be dominating poor OL like that
I think if you take a close look at a couple of our sacks, they were caused by Micah getting the initial pressure or Micah being triple-teammed. I wanted a big-sack game, but sometimes you just have to accept being the catalyst.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Daboll kept trying to score so why can't dallas? I'd see if ny just ran the ball every down to end the game but they didnt
I see nothing wrong with it when you are playing your backups. In fact, I prefer that both sides keep trying like they did. That way you get a better look at some of your backups on both sides of the ball instead of just watching them run three times and punt.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Not a top 3-5 QB. Top 10 maybe. But building a resume around beating the Giants is not something to hang your hat on.

Romo was full of stats too ... where did that get us ???

A deep playoff run and we'll see.
I like what we've seen over the past few weeks. I think the offense is finding itself. A combination of the players learning the offense and McCarthy figuring out what works best for this group of players. I'm still not thrilled with the run game, but the pass game is clicking.

gimmesix

Reaction score
Game didnt matter we havent beaten a team thats in the playoff race yet
If we only beat teams that are in the playoff race, we wouldn't make the playoffs. Dallas did what it was supposed to in this game. That certainly hasn't been the case some years, and even wasn't this year against Arizona.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If I am not mistaken, Mazi Smith had a couple of pressures today, and a tackle for loss. Maybe he is improving.

Even Gallimore looked better than usual.
He had a pretty good game. They were lining him at 3T and edge alot. His bull rush was pretty good on the edeg

gimmesix

Reaction score
Fantastic win! Not sure what Dabol was playing at keeping in DeVito as long as he did. Do they have another QB behind him? He nearly got him knocked out of the game.
They were trying to evaluate him. Not the type of player you are worried about being knocked out of the game, but the type you want to give as many reps as possible so you can see what he does with them.

XXLMike

Reaction score
I would like to see Ferguson’s PFF grade. he handled Thibodaux a lot kept him quiet super impressive.
He actually looked bigger than Thibodeax.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Cowboys won 12 straight road games, longest active streak in the NFL.
outscored opponents at home this year 160 -50

However tap the brakes …. Still need to beat a team with a winning record. Just saying what local FOX DFW sports are reporting.
If Jets win tonight … does that count? :laugh:

gimmesix

Reaction score
The only real trend I'm noticing is when the refs stay out of our games...we steam roll teams.
I think you could say this was a game where we benefitted from calls/non-calls more than our opponent, but that it didn't really matter. Doesn't seem to happen that way in big games for us.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I think you could say this was a game where we benefitted from calls/non-calls more than our opponent, but that it didn't really matter. Doesn't seem to happen that way in big games for us.

In bigger games I'm always waiting for the yellow flag indicator to pop up. Today's game I wasn't worried at all.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
They were trying to evaluate him. Not the type of player you are worried about being knocked out of the game, but the type you want to give as many reps as possible so you can see what he does with them.

I suppose. I just think, why not evaluate him next week? End the game, and try again next week. The game was over at halftime.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
Not a top 3-5 QB. Top 10 maybe. But building a resume around beating the Giants is not something to hang your hat on.

Romo was full of stats too ... where did that get us ???

A deep playoff run and we'll see.
He’s top 6 right now. It’s pretty clear. No particular order after Mahomes….Burrow, Hurts, Allen, Goff and Dak. Personally I think Dak right now is top 3, spare me the Super Bowl garbage.